“Enjoyable stay” 5 of 5 stars

Free Parking
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Kingsburg
“Enjoyable stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

It was a very special event, and the management of the hotel did their best to help us with accommodations (Thank you, Melissa!). The rooms are comfortable and clean, the beds are extremely comfortable. Breakfast was great - lots of choices and much better than in other more expensive places we stayed in. Since we stayed in the suit, we also had a refrigerator which is nice to have when you travel. The only problem was a noisy air conditioner. Other then that we didn't have any issues and all together enjoyed our stay in the Fairfield Inn & Suites Kingsburg.

Room Tip: On the opposite side from freeway!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
king93, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Kingsburg, responded to this review, May 4, 2013
Dear Inna C.
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our Hotel here on Trip Advisor!
I appreciate your kind comments and we are thrilled to hear that you and your family
enjoyed your stay with us during your special event. It was a pleasure to work with you
making preperations for your group.
Thank you for the info. about your air conditioner our Maintenance department is addressing the issue. We look forward to seeing you again someday and thank you again for staying with us!

Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Branscomb, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

We stayed here for a one night stay on our way to Palm Springs. Our first room was on the freeway side right next to the ice machine & the elevators. 3 different noisy problems with one single room. We asked for a room on the quite side & were upgraded to a suite on the other side. What more could you ask for? Wonderful! Except the suite was previously occupied by a cigarette smoker!!!!!!!! I didn't think that was allowed in a non-smoking hotel. The room had essence of cigarette smoke & the bathroom smelled like an ashtray! You would think that housekeeping would flag this room for extra cleaning considering the horrible odor of nicotine. This reflects very poorly on the Marriott brand that i have come to expect. I reported the problem to the front desk & they didn't seem to care. That was a problem. I will not stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
king93, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Kingsburg, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Dear bombero-redbridge,
Oh no! I was so surprised and saddened to read your review.
First off, thank you so much for staying with us and for writing a review of our Hotel. I appreciate your feedback whether it be positive or negative.
That being said, I'm so sorry that the upgrade we provided you, while in the right location, had an odor of cigarettes! I completely understand your frustration and I apologize that an odorless Suite wasn't immediately provided for you.
Our Hotel is Smoke Free but it seems that in this particular room, something went wrong along the way. We take these issues very seriously and I assure you our Housekeeping Team has taken corrective steps, not only to completely deep clean the room you were in, but to re-train our Staff on how better to provide clean (odorless) and comfortable accomodations to all our guests in the future.
Honestly, all we want is for our guests to have a good experience when they stay with us, no matter what it takes, and I'm sorry to hear that you were disappointed.
I have tried to contact you and have sent you an e-mail, I do hope you have recieved it.
Please feel free to give me a call at the number below if you'd like to discuss things further,
& I hope someday we may have the opportunity to regain your trust. Thank you again and Happy Travels.

Fairfield Inn & Suites Kingsburg
(559) 897-8840
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

I've stayed here twice and now will consider this my new secret home away from home in the Central Valley while traveling through for business. Everything was perfect! The only thing I missed was a refrigerator for my cold drinks I take on the road.
Great price great value, clean and comfortable. Thanks for the friendly service once again.

Room Tip: Get a room on the back side of the hotel to avoid the traffic.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear ahgeez,
Thank you for reviewing our Hotel and for coming back twice to stay with us! I'm so happy to hear that we're your "home away from home" in the Central Valley. I just wanted to let you know we do have fridges and microwaves available for you or anyone who needs them. Just let us know at check-in and we'll be happy to provide you a room with one. Thank you again! See you soon!

Chico, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Stayed here 2 nights for a business trip. Rooms were clean. Nice to be able to stay in Kingsburg where I was doing business. Breakkfast was normal "fair" for chain hotel. Price was very good compared to chain hotels in Fresno. The only thing I recommend is to get a room on the back side of the hotel, away from the highway. Traffic can get noisy at times. I was able to sleep through it most of the time, but know some would not be able to. Overall -- a good value and good place to stay.

Room Tip: Ask to be on the side away from the highway.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
king93, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Kingsburg, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
Dear Craig M,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel! I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed staying with us in Kingsburg during your business trip and received a nice room at the right price!
Thank you for your feedback we really appreciate your input. I hope you will come back to stay with us again so that we can have the opportunity to make your next stay with us a perfect one. Happy Travels!

Manager/Guest Relations
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

This hotel was perfect pit stop for our recent 3 night stay while we visited both parks. About 2-2 1/2 hours from each. My review would sound redundant to all the others here. Small Rooms - The hotel is constructed in a way to make some rooms smaller than others. Mine was a smaller one and worked fine for me. I would imagine you can make a request for a larger room. Traffic noise - I was on the highway side and while you definitely hear the traffic, it didn't bother me. Think of it like when in Hawaii, you leave the windows open to hear the waves wash ashore. Here it's semi trucks whisking by. I could see however that some people might be bothered. It seems odd that highway hotels like this do not install double pain windows like near an airport????

I did find it a bit odd that whenever I went to the front desk, there was no one standing there. I would wait 10-15 seconds and they would appear from the back office obviously watching a monitor back there. Not very welcoming and made me feel I was interrupting them. Also whenever I needed change, they never have it and had to give me a bunch of $1 bills. Up the weekend bank MANAGER! I do have to say that all the staff were very nice and helpful.

The breakfast attendant was very very sweet and cordial. Please remember to tip her!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Rogersla2011,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel! We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us as your home away from home during your travels to the Yosemite & Sequoia National Parks.
I’m glad to hear that our Staff was kind, cordial and helpful to you during your stay! But I would like to apologize that we didn’t exceed your expectations as far as making you feel welcome as our valued guest. Our Front Desk Staff has a variety of back office duties that we attend to but our Guests are our main priority. I will see to it that our Staff is taking corrective steps to be more present and available to everyone at all times. Thank you for bringing this and other points to my attention, I will personally see to it that these important details are fixed right away.
Thank you again for staying with us! I appreciate your feedback and I hope you will come back to visit us so that we can provide you with a superior lodging experience. Thank you again & Happy Travels!

Manager/Guest Relations
ponte vedra
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Simple, comfortable, clean and friendly hotel in small town outside Fresno. Not a lot to do or hotels no choose from in this small town, but would stay here again if back in the area. Rooms small but adequate, everything in working order.

Room Tip: Ask for top floor away from road due to traffic noise
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Lincoln, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We have family in the Kingsburg area and we have stayed at this property several times. Every time we have been extremely pleased with the friendliness of the front desk staff, the cleanliness of the room and lounge area. The staff member that sets up breakfast has always been so nice too. Even though you are along Hwy 99, we never hear the highway. The location is great, free breakfast, and clean room, and never crowded. Our only request is that they add a docking station to charge iphones in the room, would be helpful.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Kingsburg? Share your experiences!