“Great find in the Central Valley!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #1 of 4 hotels in Kingsburg
Los Angeles, California
“Great find in the Central Valley!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

I've stayed here twice and now will consider this my new secret home away from home in the Central Valley while traveling through for business. Everything was perfect! The only thing I missed was a refrigerator for my cold drinks I take on the road.
Great price great value, clean and comfortable. Thanks for the friendly service once again.

Room Tip: Get a room on the back side of the hotel to avoid the traffic.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
king93, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Kingsburg, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Dear ahgeez,
Thank you for reviewing our Hotel and for coming back twice to stay with us! I'm so happy to hear that we're your "home away from home" in the Central Valley. I just wanted to let you know we do have fridges and microwaves available for you or anyone who needs them. Just let us know at check-in and we'll be happy to provide you a room with one. Thank you again! See you soon!

Manager

35 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Wichita, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Stayed here 2 nights for a business trip. Rooms were clean. Nice to be able to stay in Kingsburg where I was doing business. Breakkfast was normal "fair" for chain hotel. Price was very good compared to chain hotels in Fresno. The only thing I recommend is to get a room on the back side of the hotel, away from the highway. Traffic can get noisy at times. I was able to sleep through it most of the time, but know some would not be able to. Overall -- a good value and good place to stay.

Room Tip: Ask to be on the side away from the highway.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
king93, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Kingsburg, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
Dear Craig M,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel! I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed staying with us in Kingsburg during your business trip and received a nice room at the right price!
Thank you for your feedback we really appreciate your input. I hope you will come back to stay with us again so that we can have the opportunity to make your next stay with us a perfect one. Happy Travels!

Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

This hotel was perfect pit stop for our recent 3 night stay while we visited both parks. About 2-2 1/2 hours from each. My review would sound redundant to all the others here. Small Rooms - The hotel is constructed in a way to make some rooms smaller than others. Mine was a smaller one and worked fine for me. I would imagine you can make a request for a larger room. Traffic noise - I was on the highway side and while you definitely hear the traffic, it didn't bother me. Think of it like when in Hawaii, you leave the windows open to hear the waves wash ashore. Here it's semi trucks whisking by. I could see however that some people might be bothered. It seems odd that highway hotels like this do not install double pain windows like near an airport????

I did find it a bit odd that whenever I went to the front desk, there was no one standing there. I would wait 10-15 seconds and they would appear from the back office obviously watching a monitor back there. Not very welcoming and made me feel I was interrupting them. Also whenever I needed change, they never have it and had to give me a bunch of $1 bills. Up the weekend bank MANAGER! I do have to say that all the staff were very nice and helpful.

The breakfast attendant was very very sweet and cordial. Please remember to tip her!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Rogersla2011,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel! We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us as your home away from home during your travels to the Yosemite & Sequoia National Parks.
I’m glad to hear that our Staff was kind, cordial and helpful to you during your stay! But I would like to apologize that we didn’t exceed your expectations as far as making you feel welcome as our valued guest. Our Front Desk Staff has a variety of back office duties that we attend to but our Guests are our main priority. I will see to it that our Staff is taking corrective steps to be more present and available to everyone at all times. Thank you for bringing this and other points to my attention, I will personally see to it that these important details are fixed right away.
Thank you again for staying with us! I appreciate your feedback and I hope you will come back to visit us so that we can provide you with a superior lodging experience. Thank you again & Happy Travels!

ponte vedra
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Simple, comfortable, clean and friendly hotel in small town outside Fresno. Not a lot to do or hotels no choose from in this small town, but would stay here again if back in the area. Rooms small but adequate, everything in working order.

Room Tip: Ask for top floor away from road due to traffic noise
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Lincoln, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We have family in the Kingsburg area and we have stayed at this property several times. Every time we have been extremely pleased with the friendliness of the front desk staff, the cleanliness of the room and lounge area. The staff member that sets up breakfast has always been so nice too. Even though you are along Hwy 99, we never hear the highway. The location is great, free breakfast, and clean room, and never crowded. Our only request is that they add a docking station to charge iphones in the room, would be helpful.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
STUART
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

My wife and I stayed in this property while en-route to one of the local national parks. The property is very conveniently located near the highway and would be a great location if you need a clean and comfortable overnight stop. The staff were all very friendly and made us feel at home.

There are a number of restaurants and groceries within a short walking distance. We actually walked to the historic downtown area which was about 1 mile away and there was good sidewalk the entire way.

The complimentary internet was easy to access and had decent bandwidth. The breakfast was typical of this brand of property and was very good. The morning staff kept everything well stocked and they were very cordial.

My only real complaint was that our King room was extremely small. Barely enough room for my wife and I to get by each other. This is the second Fairfield Inn property that I have encountered with these extremely small rooms, so I have to assume that it is a brand specific design. A pity really as I will probably avoid these properties in the future. For an overnight stay though it would probably be fine. Especially given the close proximity of restaurants and the friendly nature of the staff.

Room Tip: The King room we had was smaller than any I have ever been in with other chains.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
king93, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Kingsburg, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are so glad to hear you enjoyed our property as a clean, comfortable stop on your way to visit the National Parks.
I’m so pleased to hear our staff was friendly and made you feel at home during your stay. Our staff strives to provide the best customer care and cleanliness to all our guests.
I would like to apologize that the King room you stayed in didn’t exactly exceed your expectations as far as size goes. But I’d like to let you know that at The Fairfield Inn & Suites we offer a variety of other rooms. Our Executive King Suite, Jacuzzi Suite, and even Double Queen Standard are larger in comparison and I’m sorry more roomy accommodations weren’t provided for you. I hope that you will consider staying with us, and other Fairfield properties again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience. And, If you’re ever back in Kingsburg I would love to show you the other Room options we offer. Thank you again, Happy Travels!

California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

I spent one night here on a drive from So. Cal. to No. Cal. I usually make the trip in one day, but was getting a late start and decided to spend the night enroute. What a pleasant place this was. The staff at the front desk was very polite and efficient. There was a welcoming bowl of apples on the counter. The room was very pleasantly decorated and clean. I had originally reserved a room with a king bed and when I arrived I asked if I could have a room away from the freeway since I am a light sleeper. The young lady at the front desk was very accomodating and could change my room, but it would be with two Queen beds instead of a King. The price was the same, and the choice was mine. The facility has a swimming pool and hot tub, but I didn't use them. I could see it from my room and it looked inviting. Breakfast is included in the room rate and was more than I expected. I had the choice of waffles, hard boiled eggs, a variety of breakfast sandwiches and a microwave to heat them in, fresh fruit, packaged fruit cups, cereals, yogurt, toast, muffins, bagels, milk, juice, and coffee. I was happy to see a lot of the little extras that some places forget....flavored coffee creamer, cream cheese, peanut butter, and honey. I actually enjoyed my "break" here so much, I might start making my trip North a two day trip. I will definitely stay here again if in the area and need a room.

Room Tip: Request a room away from the freeway if you are a light sleeper.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Kingsburg? Share your experiences!