“Friendly, clean, convenient” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 4 hotels in Kingsburg
ponte vedra
“Friendly, clean, convenient”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Simple, comfortable, clean and friendly hotel in small town outside Fresno. Not a lot to do or hotels no choose from in this small town, but would stay here again if back in the area. Rooms small but adequate, everything in working order.

Room Tip: Ask for top floor away from road due to traffic noise
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

37 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Lincoln, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We have family in the Kingsburg area and we have stayed at this property several times. Every time we have been extremely pleased with the friendliness of the front desk staff, the cleanliness of the room and lounge area. The staff member that sets up breakfast has always been so nice too. Even though you are along Hwy 99, we never hear the highway. The location is great, free breakfast, and clean room, and never crowded. Our only request is that they add a docking station to charge iphones in the room, would be helpful.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
STUART
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

My wife and I stayed in this property while en-route to one of the local national parks. The property is very conveniently located near the highway and would be a great location if you need a clean and comfortable overnight stop. The staff were all very friendly and made us feel at home.

There are a number of restaurants and groceries within a short walking distance. We actually walked to the historic downtown area which was about 1 mile away and there was good sidewalk the entire way.

The complimentary internet was easy to access and had decent bandwidth. The breakfast was typical of this brand of property and was very good. The morning staff kept everything well stocked and they were very cordial.

My only real complaint was that our King room was extremely small. Barely enough room for my wife and I to get by each other. This is the second Fairfield Inn property that I have encountered with these extremely small rooms, so I have to assume that it is a brand specific design. A pity really as I will probably avoid these properties in the future. For an overnight stay though it would probably be fine. Especially given the close proximity of restaurants and the friendly nature of the staff.

Room Tip: The King room we had was smaller than any I have ever been in with other chains.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
king93, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Kingsburg, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are so glad to hear you enjoyed our property as a clean, comfortable stop on your way to visit the National Parks.
I’m so pleased to hear our staff was friendly and made you feel at home during your stay. Our staff strives to provide the best customer care and cleanliness to all our guests.
I would like to apologize that the King room you stayed in didn’t exactly exceed your expectations as far as size goes. But I’d like to let you know that at The Fairfield Inn & Suites we offer a variety of other rooms. Our Executive King Suite, Jacuzzi Suite, and even Double Queen Standard are larger in comparison and I’m sorry more roomy accommodations weren’t provided for you. I hope that you will consider staying with us, and other Fairfield properties again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience. And, If you’re ever back in Kingsburg I would love to show you the other Room options we offer. Thank you again, Happy Travels!

Yours in Hospitality,
Melissa Vaughn
Manager/Guest Relations
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

I spent one night here on a drive from So. Cal. to No. Cal. I usually make the trip in one day, but was getting a late start and decided to spend the night enroute. What a pleasant place this was. The staff at the front desk was very polite and efficient. There was a welcoming bowl of apples on the counter. The room was very pleasantly decorated and clean. I had originally reserved a room with a king bed and when I arrived I asked if I could have a room away from the freeway since I am a light sleeper. The young lady at the front desk was very accomodating and could change my room, but it would be with two Queen beds instead of a King. The price was the same, and the choice was mine. The facility has a swimming pool and hot tub, but I didn't use them. I could see it from my room and it looked inviting. Breakfast is included in the room rate and was more than I expected. I had the choice of waffles, hard boiled eggs, a variety of breakfast sandwiches and a microwave to heat them in, fresh fruit, packaged fruit cups, cereals, yogurt, toast, muffins, bagels, milk, juice, and coffee. I was happy to see a lot of the little extras that some places forget....flavored coffee creamer, cream cheese, peanut butter, and honey. I actually enjoyed my "break" here so much, I might start making my trip North a two day trip. I will definitely stay here again if in the area and need a room.

Room Tip: Request a room away from the freeway if you are a light sleeper.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Salt Lake City, UT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

We stopped here on our way "home" to Salt Lake City coming from Carlsbad. We were surprised to see such a large facility in what seemed to be a smallish city. As is normally the case with Marriott, the place was very clean, and the furnishings were lovely - the bed very comfortable. Although we didn't use it, I noticed a good sized pool area behind the building with several chairs, tables and lounges. The only down side to our room was that the door on the bathroom was installed to open out into the fairly narrow hall of the room instead of opening into the bathroom. This made it so you had to walk around it to get to the bathroom. Not a big deal, just a bit awkward. The building is just past the local K-Mart, down an empty street sort of off by itself. Our room was smallish, but quiet. The breakfast had no apples and the only fresh fruit offered was some over ripe bananas, but they had the usual cereals, bagels, hot waffles, breakfast sandwiches, yogurt, hard cooked eggs, milk, juice and coffee, so there was plenty to choose from. We asked the desk clerk who would normally stay here since Kingsburg isn't exactly a tourist destination. She said that people used it as a central place to take day trips from - Seuioia, Yosemite, etc. We stayed there because we wanted to visit Forestiere Underground Gardens in Fresno the next morning (really interesting) and this location was less costly than others in the area and on our was to that - not passed it. If in the area we would stay here again.

Room Tip: I always ask for an upper floor away from the elevator.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Ashburn, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

My mother and I stayed at this hotel on our way to visit Sequoia National Park in May 2012. This is a new well run hotel with breakfast included. We left from Yosemite and stopped at this hotel (about 2 hours drive), the next day we drove to the south entrance of Sequoia (2 hours drive), which is the most scenic way to enter Sequoia (Mineral King entrance 99 S to 198 E through Visalia) and then drove through the park and exited to the north (highway 180) and looped back around for another night in Kingsburg. The pool is brand new, heated, and set amongst roses. It is a really beautiful setting.. The only down side is no refrigerator in the room, but we managed using ice. I would recommend not only the hotel, but also this incredibly friendly and cute little town which is near Fresno.

Room Tip: When staying at Marriott always try to check in early and ask for a room on the top floor to avoid h...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Laguna Niguel, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

This hotel was created about 2 years ago but it still looks and feels new. The new green/blue/orange signature colors that were adopted by Marriott within the last 3 years are throughout this hotel. The management and receptionists were all nice people to work with and they were readily willing to change rooms for me if anything was wrong. The hotel has a whirlpool and regular pool. The bed was exceptionally comfortable. I would give it 5 stars except for 2 things: 1) the hotel is so close to the freeway that even my air conditioner, which was turned on the moment I arrived in the room, could not drown out the noise from the freeway but my room faced the freeway; 2) getting to the hotel is an obstacle course and a test of geocaching - the entrance is about 1/4 mile down the road from the offramp and then you turn right at the end of the connecting road but that isn't obvious from the view from the freeway. I drove around and missed the entrance 3 times before I understood how to get into the hotel. I was working at a hospital in both Selma and Reedley so a central location was necessary for my stay. This location in Kingsburg was ideal for my needs. There were a number of restaurants close by and there were many gas stations located within 3 miles of the hotel. The breakfast was nice: waffles, boiled eggs, bacon biscuits, ham croissants, juice, toast, cereal, fruit and muffins. I would stay here again in a heartbeat but I would grab a room away from the freeway.

Room Tip: Take a room away from the freeway. You will barely hear the noise from highway 99.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Kingsburg? Share your experiences!