“Pleasant surprise.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Kingsburg
California
“Pleasant surprise.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

I spent one night here on a drive from So. Cal. to No. Cal. I usually make the trip in one day, but was getting a late start and decided to spend the night enroute. What a pleasant place this was. The staff at the front desk was very polite and efficient. There was a welcoming bowl of apples on the counter. The room was very pleasantly decorated and clean. I had originally reserved a room with a king bed and when I arrived I asked if I could have a room away from the freeway since I am a light sleeper. The young lady at the front desk was very accomodating and could change my room, but it would be with two Queen beds instead of a King. The price was the same, and the choice was mine. The facility has a swimming pool and hot tub, but I didn't use them. I could see it from my room and it looked inviting. Breakfast is included in the room rate and was more than I expected. I had the choice of waffles, hard boiled eggs, a variety of breakfast sandwiches and a microwave to heat them in, fresh fruit, packaged fruit cups, cereals, yogurt, toast, muffins, bagels, milk, juice, and coffee. I was happy to see a lot of the little extras that some places forget....flavored coffee creamer, cream cheese, peanut butter, and honey. I actually enjoyed my "break" here so much, I might start making my trip North a two day trip. I will definitely stay here again if in the area and need a room.

Room Tip: Request a room away from the freeway if you are a light sleeper.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Salt Lake City, UT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

We stopped here on our way "home" to Salt Lake City coming from Carlsbad. We were surprised to see such a large facility in what seemed to be a smallish city. As is normally the case with Marriott, the place was very clean, and the furnishings were lovely - the bed very comfortable. Although we didn't use it, I noticed a good sized pool area behind the building with several chairs, tables and lounges. The only down side to our room was that the door on the bathroom was installed to open out into the fairly narrow hall of the room instead of opening into the bathroom. This made it so you had to walk around it to get to the bathroom. Not a big deal, just a bit awkward. The building is just past the local K-Mart, down an empty street sort of off by itself. Our room was smallish, but quiet. The breakfast had no apples and the only fresh fruit offered was some over ripe bananas, but they had the usual cereals, bagels, hot waffles, breakfast sandwiches, yogurt, hard cooked eggs, milk, juice and coffee, so there was plenty to choose from. We asked the desk clerk who would normally stay here since Kingsburg isn't exactly a tourist destination. She said that people used it as a central place to take day trips from - Seuioia, Yosemite, etc. We stayed there because we wanted to visit Forestiere Underground Gardens in Fresno the next morning (really interesting) and this location was less costly than others in the area and on our was to that - not passed it. If in the area we would stay here again.

Room Tip: I always ask for an upper floor away from the elevator.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Ashburn, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

My mother and I stayed at this hotel on our way to visit Sequoia National Park in May 2012. This is a new well run hotel with breakfast included. We left from Yosemite and stopped at this hotel (about 2 hours drive), the next day we drove to the south entrance of Sequoia (2 hours drive), which is the most scenic way to enter Sequoia (Mineral King entrance 99 S to 198 E through Visalia) and then drove through the park and exited to the north (highway 180) and looped back around for another night in Kingsburg. The pool is brand new, heated, and set amongst roses. It is a really beautiful setting.. The only down side is no refrigerator in the room, but we managed using ice. I would recommend not only the hotel, but also this incredibly friendly and cute little town which is near Fresno.

Room Tip: When staying at Marriott always try to check in early and ask for a room on the top floor to avoid h...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Laguna Niguel, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

This hotel was created about 2 years ago but it still looks and feels new. The new green/blue/orange signature colors that were adopted by Marriott within the last 3 years are throughout this hotel. The management and receptionists were all nice people to work with and they were readily willing to change rooms for me if anything was wrong. The hotel has a whirlpool and regular pool. The bed was exceptionally comfortable. I would give it 5 stars except for 2 things: 1) the hotel is so close to the freeway that even my air conditioner, which was turned on the moment I arrived in the room, could not drown out the noise from the freeway but my room faced the freeway; 2) getting to the hotel is an obstacle course and a test of geocaching - the entrance is about 1/4 mile down the road from the offramp and then you turn right at the end of the connecting road but that isn't obvious from the view from the freeway. I drove around and missed the entrance 3 times before I understood how to get into the hotel. I was working at a hospital in both Selma and Reedley so a central location was necessary for my stay. This location in Kingsburg was ideal for my needs. There were a number of restaurants close by and there were many gas stations located within 3 miles of the hotel. The breakfast was nice: waffles, boiled eggs, bacon biscuits, ham croissants, juice, toast, cereal, fruit and muffins. I would stay here again in a heartbeat but I would grab a room away from the freeway.

Room Tip: Take a room away from the freeway. You will barely hear the noise from highway 99.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

Good highway access, nice, clean and newer hotel. A little hard to find - directly behind Kmart. Quick internet.

Room Tip: Don't eat at the mexican restaurant adjacent to the hotel and Kmart - it was terrible.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

Me and my husband had stayed in the Fairfield Inn & Suites in the Kingsburg due to family in the area. Upon check in the front desk staff was so helpful with room lacation and pricing. The room was very quiet and the beds were so comfortable (based on what other hotels provide).Later that day I have called down to front desk in regards to local restruant in the area,the front desk person at that time was great on printing some easy direction a couple of really great restraunts with in the area. I couldn't thank them enough for making the reservation as for we were running a bit late. Upon check out the breakfast attendant was very nice he greeted us and asked us on how we was our stay and told us on how he lived in Kingsburg since he was young. Who to knew about the history a little town can have. We had an enjoyable stay and will return.

Room Tip: Room away from the highway is highly recommended for those who are sound sinsitive.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Alta Loma, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2012

It is a decent hotel for (Marriott) category 1, not great but not bad either. It’s intimately next to CA-99 and the freeway is right by a train track. Pick the sunset side for a less noisy room. Hotel is only 2 years old but our room has several scuff marks and chips. Bathroom is clean and the bed comfy. Breakfast looks just like the photo on the hotel website, with standard continental items.

It is a good base for touring the Blossom Trail or Fruit Trail, especially if you enjoy seeing the rural routes (in Reedley, Kingsburg, and Sanger) more than the city sights of Fresno.

In terms of fast food, there is no shortage of burgers next to the hotel, freeway exit 112, but more diverse choices are a few miles north in Selma, exit 118.

I found it remarkable that the roads to the hotel are inside a business park that was planned but never built, reminding you of impacts from the economic downturn. So you drive through this vast unfinished lot with many vacant cul-de-sacs. Take Sierra St. to Morgan Dr., turn right on Ventura Ct. and, poof, there’s this Fairfield Inn. (There’s one other entry through a gate behind Kmart’s loading dock, but… going through the business park is more interesting.)

This Fairfield Inn won’t wow you but it’s just fine for one night.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Kingsburg? Share your experiences!