“Nice, clean, newer” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 4 hotels in Kingsburg
washington
“Nice, clean, newer”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

Good highway access, nice, clean and newer hotel. A little hard to find - directly behind Kmart. Quick internet.

Room Tip: Don't eat at the mexican restaurant adjacent to the hotel and Kmart - it was terrible.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo

37 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

Me and my husband had stayed in the Fairfield Inn & Suites in the Kingsburg due to family in the area. Upon check in the front desk staff was so helpful with room lacation and pricing. The room was very quiet and the beds were so comfortable (based on what other hotels provide).Later that day I have called down to front desk in regards to local restruant in the area,the front desk person at that time was great on printing some easy direction a couple of really great restraunts with in the area. I couldn't thank them enough for making the reservation as for we were running a bit late. Upon check out the breakfast attendant was very nice he greeted us and asked us on how we was our stay and told us on how he lived in Kingsburg since he was young. Who to knew about the history a little town can have. We had an enjoyable stay and will return.

Room Tip: Room away from the highway is highly recommended for those who are sound sinsitive.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Alta Loma, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2012

It is a decent hotel for (Marriott) category 1, not great but not bad either. It’s intimately next to CA-99 and the freeway is right by a train track. Pick the sunset side for a less noisy room. Hotel is only 2 years old but our room has several scuff marks and chips. Bathroom is clean and the bed comfy. Breakfast looks just like the photo on the hotel website, with standard continental items.

It is a good base for touring the Blossom Trail or Fruit Trail, especially if you enjoy seeing the rural routes (in Reedley, Kingsburg, and Sanger) more than the city sights of Fresno.

In terms of fast food, there is no shortage of burgers next to the hotel, freeway exit 112, but more diverse choices are a few miles north in Selma, exit 118.

I found it remarkable that the roads to the hotel are inside a business park that was planned but never built, reminding you of impacts from the economic downturn. So you drive through this vast unfinished lot with many vacant cul-de-sacs. Take Sierra St. to Morgan Dr., turn right on Ventura Ct. and, poof, there’s this Fairfield Inn. (There’s one other entry through a gate behind Kmart’s loading dock, but… going through the business park is more interesting.)

This Fairfield Inn won’t wow you but it’s just fine for one night.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Pacifica, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2011

Our room smelled like a locker room--really nauseating. We opened the window in spite of the winter weather, which helped some. Finally my husband went down to the front desk to complain, and he was given a spray room deodorizer. This helped a lot, although during the night the sickening smell returned.

Also, the bed was so soft that we both awoke with back aches.

The hotel is right by the railroad tracks, so there is the noise of the trains going past.

I would not recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
king93, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Kingsburg, responded to this review, January 23, 2012
January 19th 2012

Dear Reviewer,

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with some feedback about your recent stay at our Hotel. This truly gives us insight as how to provide only the best in customer service and care to all our guests in the future. I’d like to take a moment to apologize for the uncomfortable and inconvenient problem that occurred when you stayed with us in December. At the Fairfield Inn & Suites, our Staff is highly trained in providing proper attention to all our guests needs.I’m sorry that a clean, fresh room was not immediately arranged for you.

I assure you that we are taking immediate corrective steps to ensure that nothing like this happens again. At Marriott, we are committed to our valued customer. Please believe nothing is more important to us than regaining your trust. We hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back one day so that we may provide you with a positive Marriott Experience you come to expect.

Should you have any questions or concerns please contact the hotel directly at the number below.
Thank you.

(559) 897-8840
Berkeley, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2011

I did an online booking for this location. I booked four rooms. They were clear about the guaranteed reservation needing to be cancelled 24 hrs prior. I called three days prior to cancel. Three day lated I looked at my bank statement to see I've been charged for three rooms totaling $300. Confused I called the hotel directly. The young man said "too bad there's no record or confirmation of your cancellation. You owe the money." I explained and he didn't help. I called corporate customer service and asked to speak to a manager in corporate. They could see that I cancelled but only one room was cancelled. Due to MArriott's lack of training the customer service girl never cancelled all the rooms just one! And I was responsible for the rest because there was no proof that I cancelled all the rooms! The front desk person said he could see the same things as the customer service yet he failed to mention he could see the one room cancellation as well. I called the GM and he refused. It was a horrific experience. Services weren't rendered and people didn't know how to do their job. It's as if they make you pay for their mistakes. Finally after getting someone in corporate to put pressure on the GM (Adeep) he was finally willing to credit the $300. I abided by the policies and I got treated horribly. After that was taken care of a week later. I talked to the GM and said up to this point I've had a wonderful experience with marriott. Is there any way you could set me up with a free hotel night at any Marriott due to this? He politely said he can give me 10%. What a cheap beep. Don't go there.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
king93, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Kingsburg, responded to this review, December 15, 2011
Dear Reviewer,

Please understand that we do appreciate all feedback from our guests, be it positive or negative. This way we are able to provide only the best in customer service and care to all our guests in the future. We do apologize for any inconvenience that this issue has caused you, and also apologize for any miscommunication that occurred between you and the hotel. At Marriott, our staff is highly trained in working together to assist every guest with proper attention and professional service.

When encountered with your online reservation issue The Fairfield Inn & Suites did offer a refund for an agreed upon amount, as well as an offer toward a discount for your next stay. We’re sorry again if you feel you were mistreated in anyway. Please believe that nothing is more important to us than regaining your trust. We hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back someday so that we may provide you with the positive Marriott Experience you have come to expect.
Thank you.

(559) 897-8840
Bainbridge Island WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2011

Nice and clean Fairfield. Very friendly front desk staff with a quick check-in. Rooms are the usual Fairfield -Clean and set up well for one person to work etc. Nice quality linens and comfortable bed.

Nice and clean exercise room.

It is walking distance to a couple of places to eat once you walk around the back and side of a K-Mart and past a large group of feral cats that call the garden center of the K-Mart home.

Other than fast food, there aren't a lot of good dining options in Kingsburg. We found a place downtown called Jonathan's that tried very hard.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
San Diego, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

While traveling near Fresno last month, we needed a place to stay. I called this Fairfield Inn and they had rooms available. The staff person who greeted us when we got there, Sarah, was very friendly and helpful. The room was spacious and homey. The beds were fantastic -- and I know that is rare for a hotel. The rest of the hotels on our trips had junky mattresses -- I longed for this Inn's beds. The breakfast in the morning was good too -- similar to that at other Marriotts. I know Marriotts vary widely but this one is top-notch. It's great to have a hotel where we will definitely stay again, since we travel to that area fairly often. As far as the noise, we were on the "freeway side" and really, it wasn't a big deal. It did not interfere with my sleep, nor did it wake me up. Great to have this new hotel in this area of the San Joaquin Valley!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Kingsburg? Share your experiences!