It is a decent hotel for (Marriott) category 1, not great but not bad either. It’s intimately next to CA-99 and the freeway is right by a train track. Pick the sunset side for a less noisy room. Hotel is only 2 years old but our room has several scuff marks and chips. Bathroom is clean and the bed comfy. Breakfast looks just like the photo on the hotel website, with standard continental items.
It is a good base for touring the Blossom Trail or Fruit Trail, especially if you enjoy seeing the rural routes (in Reedley, Kingsburg, and Sanger) more than the city sights of Fresno.
In terms of fast food, there is no shortage of burgers next to the hotel, freeway exit 112, but more diverse choices are a few miles north in Selma, exit 118.
I found it remarkable that the roads to the hotel are inside a business park that was planned but never built, reminding you of impacts from the economic downturn. So you drive through this vast unfinished lot with many vacant cul-de-sacs. Take Sierra St. to Morgan Dr., turn right on Ventura Ct. and, poof, there’s this Fairfield Inn. (There’s one other entry through a gate behind Kmart’s loading dock, but… going through the business park is more interesting.)
This Fairfield Inn won’t wow you but it’s just fine for one night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The new Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott in Swedish-themed Kingsburg, CA: this lush property is conveniently located just off SR99, in the heart of the agricultural corridor of California. Nestled in the San Joaquin Valley, the location draws both business & pleasure-seeking guests, with proximity to the Tulare Int'l Agricultural Center (World Ag-Expo & Farm Show), Fresno Yosemite Int'l Airport (FAT), Kings Canyon, Sequoia Nat'l Park, and Yosemite Nat'l Park. Each room offers luxury bedding with fluffy pillows, soft linens, free WiFi and wired hi-speed Internet, 32" flat screen TV's, ergonomic work chair & desk and also a Fridge and Microwave. Book an Executive Suite and enjoy the extra comfort of a couch and living room. Our Suites offer two TV's, more sq. footage and a stylish layout you will love to call home. We also offer Jacuzzi Suites where one can enjoy a movie from the warmth of your private whirlpool. Wake up to a Free hot breakfast every morning, featuring Bacon, Sausage links and scrambled Eggs. Warm waffles or variety of muffins, oatmeal, cereal, Hot Coffee, fresh fruit, fruit juices and now serving Greek yogurt. Unwind in our lovely heated pool or Jacuzzi and surround yourself with roses and a relaxing California sunset. We have a 24-hr fitness center and 24hr. Business Library that offers 2 guest computers, fax & copy services. While the Azalea Room is perfect for business meetings & gatherings. Convenient highway access, located in a quaint Swedish village of Kingsburg, halfway between Los Angeles & San Francisco. Visit charming Downtown Kingsburg for a unique flair of Swedish treats and gift options not found anywhere else in the Central Valley. For more information please contact one of our knowledgeable Front Desk Agents, and book your room today! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Marriott, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites Kingsburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn And Suites Kingsburg
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Kingsburg Hotel Kingsburg