“Run a mile!” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Chinese
San Francisco, California
“Run a mile!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

We used to live in Hongkong, and my daughter-in-law is from China, so we decided to try this restaurant for dinner one night. Never again! The ladies were nice, but they were really slow and unapologetic. At first, we couldn't understand why the service was so slow since we were the only ones in the restaurant, but then we heard people arguing in the kitchen, so maybe they were on a slow-down. As the evening went on, people came in, but they always ordered take-away. Maybe this is because this restaurant doesn't serve alcohol. When the dishes finally arrived, they really didn't look right. The food practically glowed from overuse of food coloring, we think. And it all tasted like artificial food smothered in chemicals so it might taste like real food if you had an imagination. Especially the sweet and sour pork! Anyway, when the bill came, we were charged for steamed rice, and for the Chinese tea. No problem with that, except you usually aren't, and the meal of 4 different dishes was already quite expensive for what it was. All I can say is that it was probably the worst Chinese meal I have had in my life.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

25% Recommend
Capitola
“Great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

This place has really great food. The decor is bad and there is junk stacked everwhere, but I would go back.

Visited August 2012
MIAMI
“Average chinese food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

If you want takeout, this food is ok, not great. There are a few dining tables, too.

Visited April 2012
Carlsbad, California
“Authentic Chinese Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

Since I am from Taiwan, I love authentic Chinese food and their black bean sauce string bean was the best - like home cook meals. There were other dishes I can't remember as we were there 2010. The price was what you would expect in a tourist area. I would definitely go back again when we visit in the future. The place was clean and the owners and staff were all very friendly!

Visited October 2011
Kings Beach, California
“The real deal.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

Authenic Chinese food w/ a lake view. The place is quite homey and not as clean as I would like, but the won ton soup & mu shu pork are quite good. Portions are generous. Some dishes are very good, while others are just okay.

Visited December 2011