“X mas vacation” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ferrari's Crown Resort

Save Saved
You added Ferrari's Crown Resort to your Saves list
Ferrari's Crown Resort
2.0 of 5 Resort   |   8200 N. Lake Blvd., Kings Beach, CA 96143 (Formerly the Gold Crest Resort)   |
Special Offer
$95 Lakeview Rooms!
Ranked #1 of 6 hotels in Kings Beach
barbery coast, ca
“X mas vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

Great location to major ski resorts, clean rooms, friendly staff and very affordable. Private hot tub was awesome( sign up early) great views of the lake, balcony wraps around the building didn't need a lake view room to enjoy the view.i would definitely stay here in the future.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
ferrari8200, Owner at Ferrari's Crown Resort, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
Thanks for getting back to us. Being clean, friendly and affordable is certainly what we strive to be. We do have some bad days but many more good ones… we also hope that our easy access to the shore of Lake Tahoe is an extra amenity.

Hope to see you again,

173 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

We have been coming to Ferraris for years. They always have great prices and friendly staff. The location is right on the beach and the private hot tub is always nice after a long day on the slopes. We stayed at Ferraris for new years and usually our dog is fine sleeping in his insulated kennel however this time is was just too cold for him (a yellow lab). We had alreay payed to stay 5 nights but after the first night with the dog situation we knew we would have to go somewhere " dog friendly". Dave the owner gladly refunded us in full without hesitation. We are sad they don't allow animals but will still definatly be back for years to come! Thanks!

• Stayed January 2013
Thanks for the review! We apologize that our accommodations do not allow pets, but hope to see you again someday.

Reno, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We were blown away by the location and the proximity to the Lake. Since we went in October during the off-season, you roll the dice on the weather but it was beautiful and peaceful since the tourist season was over and the ski season had yet to start. We could literally walk out of our room, go about 100 feet and be at the lake's edge. Continental breakfast was more than adequate. It was definitely worth the price to get a lake-view room; since we were the only ones on our floor, they graciously upgraded us to a king-size with a fireplace. However, the weather was so great we often slept with the windows cracked.

With that being said, I could see this being a popular and noisy location during the peak seasons.

Room Tip: Great views of Lake Tahoe from the lake view rooms.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thanks for the review Chris,

The shoulder seasons are always a great time to visit us, stay tuned for future off-season rates on our lake view rooms. We'll see you next time.

S.F. Bay Area
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

We got a great price on a fantastic lake view room, really lucked out. We had a full unobstructed view of the lake, it was breathtaking. The room was clean, but dated. The kitchenette is a great thing to have. If you are looking for luxury, this is not the place for you! If you are looking for a good price in a terrific location, you will not regret your stay here. This was my second stay, and plan to return in the future. It can be loud sometimes, I bring earplugs with me to help me sleep, works great.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
ferrari8200, Owner at Ferrari's Crown Resort, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
I appreciate the feedback. I'm glad you had a lovely second stay with us, and happy you got to enjoy a view of the lake!

Many apologies if there was too much noise during your visit. While we often don't have a problem with noise, occasionally people do get a bit loud. We have a sign in office saying there's quiet time after 10 p.m., and we are looking to add it to registration card, too. Hopefully that will help in the future.

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We'll see you again soon!

belmont
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Have stayed here several times in the past, was looking forward to our return visit. From my first contact with the motel things did not go smoothly. The lady I spoke with on the phone could not find me in the system and could not believe I was receiving emails from them, both the gentleman and lady I spoke to gave me a hard time about this because I was requesting their discount. Not a good start.
We stayed in room 515 on the lake, downstairs. The room was clean and comfortable. We went to bed and were rudely awakened by our neighbors upstairs who were having a great time , we thought they were going to fall through the floor on top of us. We could hear everything they said and did, insert imagination! In the middle of the night we could hear a cell phone vibrating ,after checking all of our phones we figured out the noise was coming from upstairs ,we heard someone get out of bed and answer the phone.
The trim is missing off the inside of the bathroom door so when my daughter entered the bathroom late that night the light from the bathroom lit up our room like encounters!
When I told the gentleman at the front desk the next morning, he didn't believe me, he told me there is insulation in the ceiling, trust me they missed a few spots. He didn't bother apologizing, made me feel like I was just making up some tale and being a difficult guest.

Sorry to say I am doubtful we will return again, our stay was not a very pleasant one and the attitude I am guessing were the owners was less than desirable.

Room Tip: Stay upstairs
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
ferrari8200, Owner at Ferrari's Crown Resort, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. I apologize that your experience this time around wasn't as good as the others.

It's great that the room was clean and comfortable, although I'm sorry if you could hear things in other rooms. I appreciate your feedback as well on the bathroom door. We'll be sure that's not a problem in the future.

We do really care about you as our guest, and if your visit wasn't perfect, I'd like to do what I can to help fix it. I sent out an email the other day. Either please check that or give me a call at the number below and we can try and work something out. Thanks again - looking forward to hearing from you!

800.645.2260
San Francisco
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

It was a last minute booking, so we could only get a two queen bed room. Ended up we were given a king bed and a double bed in a connected room. They do have other single bed rooms at a cheaper price, so do book in advance. Room was clean, eventhough there's no A/C in our room, it's perfectly fine for us. When we arrived, we just opened the window and turned on the ceiling fan for a while and the heat was gone. Bear in mind that temperature drops in the evening, so it's actually pretty cool at night. One thing that we were a little disappointed was the pool. There are two outdoor pools as advertised. Though it's said to be heated, the water was really cold. They did have private beach access, and walking on the sand all the way to the public beach area in the morning was really relaxing. But remember to wear sandals as we did notice glass debris on the public beach.
Location of this motel is great, a number of restaurants are within walking distance. There's a riteaid right across the street. Our visit was in mid-September, considered as low season so there were fewer people on the beach, it's always good to be away from the crowd.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
ferrari8200, Owner at Ferrari's Crown Resort, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Thanks for your review, I truly appreciate it. While it's always encouraged to book in advance, I'm happy we were able to provide you with a relaxing stay. Isn't it so nice and serene to walk on the beach?

I do apologize if the pools were too cold. As we enter the fall and winter months, they will certainly be more comfortable. Thank you for your feedback on that.

I'm glad that overall you enjoyed your visit, and we'd love to host you again anytime!

Best,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

A lovely place, with helpful owners.

I would definitely recommend to friends.

There are 2 hot tubs- one inside, one out.

Try the crazy golf course up the road, it's great.

Room was perfectly clean, and great value.

• Stayed September 2012
ferrari8200, Owner at Ferrari's Crown Resort, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Bingothailand,

Thanks for the review and recommendation! I'm glad we could be of assistance to you during your stay, and it's great to hear you had a wonderful stay with us. Hope your golf score wasn't too high!

Thanks again,
Owner

Been to Ferrari's Crown Resort? Share your experiences!