“Simple, Cozy, and Cheap” 4 of 5 stars

Add it.
No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kings Beach
Big 7 Motel
8141 N. Lake Blvd., Kings Beach, CA 96143   |
Ranked #2 of 6 hotels in Kings Beach
San Francisco, California
“Simple, Cozy, and Cheap”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

My friends often stay here last-minute, as there are usually some rooms available after a day of skiing. We were lucky enough to find 2, each for $65 after taxes. The rooms were pretty simple, with a very warm shower, large closest for gear, and a big bed.

Our TV didn't turn on, but it actually made the experience better, as we sat doing crosswords before falling asleep very early after a full day on the slopes.

The owner couldn't be nicer, and when we checked out there was a basket of chewy granola bars for us to enjoy while skiing later that day.

Highly recommended, I will be coming back here.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

3 people have reviewed this hotel

Families
Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Incline Village, Nevada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Disclaimer: I have a not stayed here (and never will...)

I have to share a horrible experience with you and hope that you choose to not bring this hotel your business.

I stopped outside the hotel to pick up tickets from a coworker at the restaurant across the lot. I had been parked for 2 seconds and the owner or manager (not sure which) was outside screaming, cursing, and threatening physical harm to my vehicle if I did not move. I asked who he was and informed him I would be there for less than 2 minutes. The car was still running and my wife inside. He flipped a lid.

I informed him in would be steering my friends away from his establishment and his reply was "good tell them to stay the f&#$ away". I so in figured in could do one better and tell the world.

Do yourself a favor. The place is a dump, there are other hotels in the area (prob get a better deal at Cal neva), and avoid the jerk who runs the place.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Big 7 Motel? Share your experiences!