“STAY AWAY....Needs to be Minus 5 stars!” 1 of 5 stars

Stevenson's Holliday Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   8742 N Lake Blvd., Kings Beach, CA 96143   |
Ranked #2 of 6 hotels in Kings Beach
DUBLIN, CA
“STAY AWAY....Needs to be Minus 5 stars!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

We stayed during August, there were no other rooms available and since we were there on a family emergency, we had no choice.

We booked the last two rooms....and because I had stayed here before on another family situation I warned my in laws that we were with that this place is a dump. We had no choice...

The beds are horrible with very scratchy sheets that had rips in them sewed up by hand with black thread....the towels in the bathroom were used and dirty, there was a half a bar of used soap sitting on the shower soap holder....the counters and carpets were stained and the pool looked like a toxic waste dump.

The next day, my sister in law told me that my description of "dump" was giving the place credit.....

I wonder how they get away this with the health department?

I want to give it minus 5 stars...I would if I could! ewww it was nasty!

Room Tip: there are no good rooms.
Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

21 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
san francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

I stayed here last month and I really enjoyed it, good price and nice rooms. The staff was friendly and loved the pool and hot tub. I reccomend it. The rooms are good sizes and my friends and I realy had a god time. There was alos a ping pong table which was really nice.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Sacramento, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2011

A friend had scored us a free room here but we ended up leaving to pay at another hotel. IT WAS THAT BAD! And they don't throw the trash away, just piled it in the garage which made the whole place stink! NASTY

Room Tip: here is a tip...go anywhere else!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2010

If you are thinking about staying here and this is the last place that is available, just don't go. I cannot stress how serious I am about that. Like the other reviews have mentioned, the "Holliday" in is a complete scam to lead unknowing people in to thinking that this dump is associated with the actual Holiday Inn. Here is my story: attempted to find a place to stay in North Lake Tahoe on a holiday weekend on the Friday of the weekend. Obviously, this is not idea but due to circumstance, that's what happened. The group that was going was my wife and I, another married couple, and one of our single friends. The room was reserved as being able to sleep six comfortably. When we got to the hotel we realized, with horror, our mistake. As if to confirm our fears, the guy at the front desk demanded that we pay for all three nights of our reservation up front, obviously we were more than a little pissed. As we let ourselves into the room we were hit with the overwhelming smell of mold. Although there was no mold in sight the smell was sickening. We attempted to sleep that night in beds that were little more than plywood boards, at least that's what they felt like. In addition to the less than forgiving mattresses, the beds were COVERED with some sort of hair, we were unsure if it was human or animal. The room was incredibly drafty and the furnace was a ridiculously old POS that made the room either scorchingly hot or unbearably cold. Our single friend ended up trying to sleep on a futon that was little more a couple blankets on wood slats, which was made with by the fact that several of the wood slats were broken and missing from the "futon". Needless to say, no one got much sleep the entire time there. In the morning, when we went to shower we thought that someone must have replaced the towels with sandpaper, albeit sandpaper dotted with unidentifiable stains. As if to add insult to injury, the toilet was so suspect that all of us resorted to scheduling our bathroom breaks to when we were out of the room. On the second night were we able to identify several blood stains scattered throughout the room, most notably on the furnace. I can't believe that this hotel hasn't been condemned for health and safety reasons. Let me break it down for you, if you are considering staying here, JUST DON'T. I still shudder and feel nauseated when I think of the smell in the room. I could go on and on about how awful this place is but I hope that just these few things have convinced you enough. It wasn't even a cheap option. This kind of place wouldn't even be a good deal at 20 dollars a day. Not only are you afraid of getting hepatitis but you are getting raped in the wallet as well staying at this place. I hope this place burns to the ground.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
Cameron Park, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2010

We got a good price here for one of their spacious rooms, but the beds had sand in them, and generally the sheets did not seem very clean. I would look somewhere else, there are a number of basic motels in this area, and this place is poorly maintained and has zero updating, it's "1960's sketch"... not good! The only good thing about this motel is that it is close to a bakery, burger joint, and subway, you can walk there it's so close.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Santa Clara, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2010

I've stayed here about 10 times. We keep coming back because the price is very low during ski season. During the summer its high, but lower than anything else in the inflated season.
We've never had a bad experience with cleanliness or service. The furniture is old and it is not a resort in which to pass a pleasant day, but only a place to bunk down for the night.
The beds are adequate and clean, as are the bathrooms. Being in a beaten up state is not the same thing as dirty. It is not dirty.
The management is helpful and diligent. I think the reason that it gets bad reviews is that people who are expecting more may be surprised to find it lacking. No, there is no concierge. The managers have to make do with limited resources, which is the fault of the owners and not the managers. Treat the managers with respect and it shall be returned. Obviously the owners are not investing what it takes to meet expectations compared to more upscale accomodations nearby. That is why you save money here.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Sacramento, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2010

No towels, we had to ask, OLD, Outdated and needs attention
the price is very expensive for what you get, you get 1/2 a roll of TP, the sink handles are jammed up to the wall and very hard to turn on

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Been to Stevenson's Holliday Inn? Share your experiences!