“Theft and no compensation” 1 of 5 stars

Sun-n-Sand Lodge
1.5 of 5 Motel   |   8308 North Lake Blvd., Kings Beach, CA 96143   |
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Kings Beach
A TripAdvisor Member
“Theft and no compensation”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2005

I would advise against staying at this hotel. While I was out skiing, my cell phone and wallet were stolen from the room. The manager admitted that this was the second theft in the last month. However, the owner refused to compensate me in any way. In looking for my stuff, I looked under the bed in case it had been dropped. I didn't find my stuff, but I found an empty beverage container, an old toy, and some trash. The description of this hotel promises a free breakfast. The first day there was none at all. The second day there was one tray of packaged danishes, and that's it. I could take trash under the bed and no breakfast, but getting my personal property stolen is unacceptable. And the poor customer service I received just topped it off.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2004

If you hate your money and your back than I suggest you stay here. For 79.00 a night (in the off- season) you recieve a lumpy mattress, barely operable shower, dirty white towels, and if you're lucky maybe your heat will work. Since this was my first time to Tahoe I didn't realize that there would be many cheaper and nicer places available. If you can't stand your in-laws, send them here.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2003

I have stayed here 3 times; all in the winter. The motel is close to Northstar and certianly close enough to Alpine, Squaw, Incline, and Mt.
Rose. The rooms are very basic with utilitarian furniture and bathrooms. There is a pretty nice hot tub outside which is good for after skiing. A real plus is the proximity to several very decent restuarants. For the money, location and facilities it is hard to beat this one.

Magalia, Ca.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2003

My Grandaughter and I just spent 3 nights here, and just loved it. It is right on the beach and you can see the lake from your room. It is walking distance to restaurants. Our room was very clean, had coffee maker, Micro, fridge what more could you want.The staff made you feel very welcome.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2003

I stopped in at the Sun N Sand Hotel on Sunday April 17th at approximately 7 pm. I asked to rent a room and was refused without any explanation, when I asked for a business card of a name of the individual he refused. I don't know if he was discriminating against me because I am a native American, an overweight person, or because I was a female. All I know is that I have never been treated to rudely by any hotel staff...ever.

Been to Sun-n-Sand Lodge? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Sun-n-Sand Lodge

Address: 8308 North Lake Blvd., Kings Beach, CA 96143
Location: United States > California > Lake Tahoe (California) > Kings Beach
Beach Shuttle Bus service
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Kings Beach
Hotel Class:1.5 star — Sun-n-Sand Lodge 1.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Odigeo, Hotwire and Hotels.com so you can book your Sun-n-Sand Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Sun-n-Sand Hotel Kings Beach
Sun n Sand Motel

If you own or manage Sun-n-Sand Lodge, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.