“Excellent location, very helpful staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sea View Villa

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sihanoukville
Sea View Villa
You added Sea View Villa to your Saves list
Sangkat 2 | Khan Mittapheap, Sihanoukville, Cambodia   |
Ranked #17 of 54 Hotels in Sihanoukville
uk
“Excellent location, very helpful staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2009

We stayed at new sea view villa originally for 3 nights from the 2nd march 09. First we booked an air con room on the middle floor by reception at $25, in a very light room with nice paintings and decorations. There was a pool table right in reception which by boyfriend loved, and they also gave us room service when i was sick at the standard menu prices. Food was all great, and although not tradiional asian, it was really great to have safe european food,especially after i'd had a couple of slightly dodgy food experiences before....and...especially the duck, and the banoffe pie on the dessert menu!! After our 3 days we stayed on lazy beach for 2 nighs.....which was also fantastic!!!!! Then we were due to head back up to phnom penh but decided to stay a couple of extra days. This time we moved into a double fan room on the top floor which was an absolute bargain at $15, hot water, real beds,and breezy enough that the aircon really wans't necessary.
I tried out the massage this time, which i regretted not trying before as it was a lot better than the ones i'd had on the beach, and my boyfriend played some more pool, and made use,(possibly overuse ;) ) of the free wi-fi.
All in all our whole experience of seaview and serendipity beach was very good, the beach can be a little manic in the day times with kids selling fruit etc, but was well worth staying in this area over others for the easy access to restaurants/beach/atm/and night life if wanted.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Perros-Guirec, France
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2009

When i arrive there, i was very enjoy.
Everything was so nice especially the
staff. After the lunch dinner (ok but expensive)
i pay the lunch and i speak a lot with the staff.
When i come back in my room, i check and
i fell is missing 10$.
The next day i take a breakfast and when i paid
with 20$ , we speak nice and i give me back 4$.
i said him i pay you with 20$, and he smile me, said
me sorry and give me back 10$.
The next day i pay all my bill the morning with 50$.
We speak nice and he give me back my money.
10 $ was missing again ... I ask him, he smile me
say me sorry and give me back my money.
I check out this day.
two days later a traveller from Suedish speak me about
a good restaurant in Downtown the Small Green Gecko.
I go there the food was good and the service too but when i paid,
with 50$ a bill of 7.5$, the boy at the reception, after a few minute
of conversation give me back 12.50$. I explain me i paid with 50$
he give me back 20$ and he ask me for tip.
Conclusion when the staff is very nice with you in Cambodia, careful
about your money.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled solo
Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2009

Note it's now called "New Sea View Villa" - We stayed here for 3 nights in March 09, and really enjoyed our stay. On our first night we stayed in a $22USD air-conditioned room on the grond floor, which was small, but nice and clean, with a private bathroom.

We asked at reception for a cheaper room the next night, and moved into a $12USD twin room, with fan only, on the ground floor. This one in particular was fantastic value for money! It was looking onto the restaurant, so a little lacking in privacy, but it was great.

The hotel is in a perfect location - not actually on the beach (where it can be a bit noisy at night), but only a 50m walk from the beachfront. We didn't eat a meal at the hotel restaurant (it seemed a little overpriced), but we did have an icecream sundae which was delicious! My boyfriend said the cappucinos were great too - which can be hard to come by in SE Asia.

Overall, a great place, would definitely stay there again!

We also did a day-trip to the islands for snorkelling, then a few hours on Bamboo Island, which was great ($15USD pp). Buy your tickets from a guy named Boosh at Muesli's Restaurant - he's awesome. We're glad we didn't stay the night on Bamboo Island which we were considering, as it was pretty quiet, and we loved Serendipity Beach!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
yorkyibiza
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2009

Stayed here with my family (wife and 2 teenage sons) and my parents (in their 70's). What a great place, the owners and the staff are real stars making the place a home from home. My kids helped in the restaurant one night for fun and had a great time, The food, rooms and location are great, really near the beach. The kitchens are spotless and the menu a real change from the usual fair. Thanks to Nic, Stacey, Leanne and Tommy (the owners) for making us so welcome and the staff for looking after us brilliantly. Your stay here is more than just a room and food.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
Budapest
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2009

when first time I hearted from Sea View I thinked this place is very good. When I came to this place, I drinked some beer in the bar. I did talkabaout with staff and a man. Staff and this man was very friendly and kindness. I think that I eat a good dinner. But this time owner of place (his name is Tommy) arrived, and he told to me that I leave a Sea View villa. I asked him: Why? He told to me because his waiter ( his name is Ded, he is khmer guy) told to owner that waiter think I'm not so good person.
I ask: is this good place? when a simple khmer guy can tell that an Europian costumer not so good. Is this good place? where the owners believe by staff, and don't belive costumer?
My friend who go to Sihanoukville pls search other hotel and restaurant mostly u travelling with your wife and children.
I offer to U for example Beach Road Hotel or Deva Raja Hotel and Reef Resort.
Have a nice holiday in Cambodia!

Mici

• Liked — DSome staff are good in the bar
  • Disliked — They are owners, a waiter his name is Ded. He is very bad.
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2009

Stayed here twice in January, first time in fan room on top floor and then in aircon room on 2nd floor. Lovely clean rooms, the one on the 2nd floor was huge and would definitely recommend.

Restaurant downstairs is excellent and a nice quiet place to chill out in the afternoon. Very close to the beach but far enough away to prevent the hawkers from hassling you.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2009

We stayed here for 2 nights in a twin room with fan and private bath for US$17/night. The room was basic but clean and we had a great view over the beach. It is in a great location just 100 metres from Serendipity Beach and the variety of eating and drinking establishments nearby. The only downside was the music from the all night party shacks on the beach - which we managed to drown out by keeping the fan on (which we needed anyway). The restuarant has a lovely atmosphere and we enjoyed a very tasty seafood dinner.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Sea View Villa? Share your experiences!