We chose to stay at the Sokha Beach resort after spending a week touring the "must see" sights of Cambodia. Our tour operator (Kuoni) did not have this hotel on their list when we booked the Cambodia tour, but i had seen the website of the Sokha Beach and it appealed to us to stay our whole holiday in Cambodia and not rush away to Thailand etc, as seems to be the norm with most tourists. Kuoni happily arranged the hotel and relevant transfers (with personal guide and driver) and although we were slightly apprehensive on the standard and service we could expext, we need not have worried.
The hotel could not have been more welcoming. I am sorry to say that i got a bit anal about the first room allocated to us - it was on the ground floor, with a lovely view of the garden and pool. i just dont like the ground floor and prefer to be higher - to cut a long story short, we ended up with one of the managers walking around all the available rooms he had and i could choose which room I prefered. this was all done with a smile and not a hint of "eyebrow raising" and ultimately we even received some flowers and a fruitbowl. the room was cleaned promptly every morning and we received clean towels and complimentary water twice daily.
The hotel overall was kept in pristine condition, whether that was the lovely gardens or restaurants. All the staff were exceptionally friendly and yes, there was occasionally a small language problem - but no worse than we have experienced in other parts of the world. Although we did of course see plenty of the typical "I am a tourist and therfore I can shout louder and be obnoxious and demand a service and attention I wouldn't dream off in my own country" attitude. (or indeed could afford them there) Ah well, you get them everywhere!
Overall, we can only recommend ths hotel. it is of a standard we did not expect to receive in Cambodia and we certainly have not stayed in a resort where there are girls "sweeping" the beach all day long to keep it looking pristine. We thoroughly enjoyed the tranquility of the beach, the excellent food and Spa facilities. we would not hesitate to return to this resort at any time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sokha Beach Resort is set amidst 23.5 hectares of beautifully landscaped beachfront and garden with its own 1.5 kilometer pristine white sandy beach. Voted amongst the Best New Hotels in the World in Condé Nast Traveler Magazine's Ninth Annual Hot List 2005, this resort is certainly a top choice when vacationing in South East Asia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Ctrip TA, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Sokha Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sokha Beach Hotel Sihanoukville
- Sokha Beach Sihanoukville