“NIGHTMARE!!!!!! THIEWS!!!!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Ochheuteal Beach Road, Sihanoukville 00855, Cambodia   |
Istanbul, Turkey
“NIGHTMARE!!!!!! THIEWS!!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

When I arrived to sihanoukville, I didn't have any reservation. I didn't want to stay in a hotel with out AC. I walk by and saw this hotel, it look nice, they give me a room with AC, they said its a new hotel, only two months old. Than I thought it will be nice to stay here for two nights until my wife come to meet in town. In the reception I asked for wifi password and set on my iPhone right there. I checked in and than went out for dinner. Came back around 10:30PM and watch tv. I put my phone to charge and fall asleep. I wake up in the morning and the phone was not in the charger!!!!! I thought it was fall down, after I was sure there is no phone in the room, I run to the reception, there was a girl and a boy which they were there when I arrive,they were not helpful they didn't even let me speak to their boss or manager, they just said one minute and than talked on the phone with someone, which they said its the boss and than said to me we are not responsebill its my fault to not be care of my belongings!!!!! I should have give it to them for to put it in save in the reception!!!!!! This was the most redicilious thing I have ever heart in my life!!!! It was like a bad joke!!!!
Couldn't do anything, I went to police they they want my to sing up some paper and charge me 20$ for translator which almost did nothing and send me back!!!!

Definitely it was a stuff from hotel who get in room while I am sleeping and stole brand new iphone5!!!! Otherwise no one really can get in the room while its locked from inside!!!!!!

Of course I left the hotel, I am sure the guy from reception stole my phone!!!! Because he saw the phone in my hand while asking wifi password!!!! It was totally nightmare and I lost all important things on the phone!!!! Even I told them to find it and I pay them!!! The reception guy never looked to my face and he was very confident!!!!!!! The night I sleep I was not drunk, only tired and know exactly what I did, but no one believed!!!!

Totally NOT RECOMMENDED!!!!!!! Even the rooms were not worthted the money!!!!!

Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

We stayed there for 4 nights. This hotel just opened 2 months ago. The rooms are super clean and modern. If you take the rooms on the side, it is right that the scenary is not the best, but, with the beaches around, you don't spend too much time on your balcony :) The distance to go the beach is less than 3 minutes. The staff were really kind. The water for the shower was a bit hard to control, it was too hot sometimes. I would stay there again without a doubt.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Girona, Spain
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

This NEW hotel is not anything as it looks on there pictures.The loverly rooms at the back look out onto a field filled with what looks very much like there building rubbish.The side rooms to one side look over another field with containers that are being used as a house.The only rooms that would have a view are the ones to the frount and look out over the usuall dirty street you will find all over Cambodia.The hotel is not actually finished .There are NO tea/coffee making facilitys.there is a fridge BUT NO MINI BAR ,the water runs at luke walm and they are not ready to open the restaurant.I think the rooms are ok But not worth the price they are charging.The best feature on arriving is the frount of the building with its huge arched windows and balconys ,If this hotel had a pool you could maybe over look the pityfull surroundings My opinion IT WAY OVER PRICED FOR WHAT THEY ARE OFFERING.I must add that the staff were very friendly which is always nice.There are many hotels and guest house in sihanoukville and providing you dont arrive on a big holliday such as new year you can always find a room.

• Stayed February 2012
Vancouver Island, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for about more then a week, my family and I. Front desk/staff were very friendly and helpful. The outside of the building is very nice and the rooms are nicely decorated with modern touches. However, the bathroom had some issues. There was water continuously draining through a pipe fitted outside the bottom of the bathtub and the water from the AC also drained onto the bathroom floor, therefore the bathroom floor was always flooded but we didn't complain, wasn't that big of a deal but I can see it being an issue for others and causing serious issues in the future. Our room had a nice balcony overlooking the trees and unfortunately garbage was present. Beds Are comfy, good tv channels and rooms were cleaned very nice daily. Overall our stay was adequate and comfortable, paid 35 US dollars a night during peak season. Close to the beach and good restaurants nearby and conveniently there is a mart right next door.

• Stayed January 2013
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

We were recommended this hotel by another in Phnom Penh. We were sold under the premise that it was a new hotel (only opened two weeks ago) and was great value for money.

When we arrived, it looked nice from the outside yet with an unfinished car park. When we got to our room, it had no window - though in fairness, we paid for a room with no window. The bathroom smelt like sewage and the bath took 30 minutes to fill (no exaggeration). As you can imagine, it was lukewarm when I finally jumped in.

There was no WiFi in the rooms.

The reception staff were ok - just ok..

It's called a nice beach hotel, it's not - plus it's a good 5 minute walk to the beach.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Jusmine-Cambodia, Manager at Nice Beach Hotel, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Dear Teren,

Thank you for your review, It was the first review for us. Yes, we are a brand new property, We're sorry that it was just about 90% of our hotel was competed during your stay. Now it is 100% completed, most of our guests are happy with our new facilities and great location which is close beach. We hope to welcome you again for your trip to Sihanoukville with our brand new facility and amenities.

Best regards,

Chhai Sour

Travelers are raving about these Sihanoukville hotels

Been to Nice Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!