“Average” 3 of 5 stars
Review of OC Boutique Hotel

You added OC Boutique Hotel to your Saves list
OC Boutique Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Street 23 Tola, Sangkat 4 | Ocheuteal Beach, Sihanoukville 00855, Cambodia   |
Ranked #19 of 53 Hotels in Sihanoukville
London, United Kingdom
“Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

We stayed at OC for one night before we head to Koh Rong.

This is apparently a new hotel in a decent spot not so far (about 8-10min walk) from the beach.

Although, the hotel is new, common areas (i.e. lobby) already looks dated. Breakfast was quite poor, tables did not get cleaned after guests left when other people were waiting for a seat to eat. Reception staff seem very chilled and simple tasks like check-in and out took longer than it should. Two minutes after we checked-in, went to the lobby to ask for a map and the very same receptionist that checked us in asked me my room number.

The balcony doors did not quite close - our friend who was staying in another room said it was the same in his room. For some reason, the wash basin is outside the bathroom and in the room which we found somewhat inconvenient.

Overall there are probably better places to stay in SHV at this price range.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Phen M, General Manager at OC Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Dear Luxury Budget Travel

I'm manager from OC Boutique Hotel, I’m very happy that you was choosing OC Boutique Hotel, Sihanouk Ville for Your Holiday and I’m very happy to get your comment and Thank you very much to you and I’m Appreciate to except to approved with my hotel and my service.

OC Boutique Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

The hotel facilities themselves are pretty nice and modern.

The service however is even subpar for a Soviet youth hostel. The staff is so poorly trained / unwilling that they cannot perform the simplest tasks. Printing the bill took 45 minutes, from five food items ordered three were incorrect (no apologies and no rectification) and transport to a 30 KM away island was quoted with 1500 USD after doing 45 minutes research (the travel agent down the street was able to book the very same trip for 20 USD), etc.. The staff was rude and unaccomodating (for example they did not want to deliver our drinks from the bar to our cabana -we were asked to pick up our drinks ourselves).

Housekeeping entered my room while I was still sleeping in it.

While sitting in the lobby, I heard complains from other guests about incorrect bills, lost laundry, and a family that checked in being given a key to a room that was still occupied with a couple that was naked and getting intimate.

The Hotel is very overpriced for the abundant lack of management and service.

DO NOT STAY HERE! You will get better value for money at a local guest house!

• Stayed January 2013
Dear Dany B

3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Modern concept but not really finished, so & so neighborhood, next to busy, noisy road and businesses. Location is very central next to some good restaurants (see top 3 trip advisor). Bedrooms are huge and clean (pool side), but not quite. furnitures are rough, beds are very stiffs.
Staff seems beginning, not really managed, almost smiling and friendly, but not really trained to treat international customers.

Anyway for the Cambodian standard, it might be acceptable.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Dany B

Hong Kong, China
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

A so called boutique hotel that has nothing to do with a charming hotel and looks more like a love hotel !

Very disappointing experience ! noisy and dirty room with low end fixtures and badly maintained.

Very poor management as well ! Absolutely to be avoided !

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Fab 68

Phnom Penh, Phnum Penh, Cambodia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

The place is new & keen to please but like most Cambodian places, the staff don't really have a clue about hospitality management or are given any autonomy to make their own decisions. Don't go to the restaurant if you're in a hurry. Dinner too nearly 2 hrs when we had hungry kids to feed.

• Stayed December 2012
Dear Sam NNZ

2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

Chic, modern hotel still with builders in our pool side room when we arrived. Room half finished & very flimsy lock on the glass door leading directly to the pool. When I raised concerns with the staff & requested to change rooms I was dismissed promptly. Large gaps in the door resulted in waking up covered in cockroaches.
The pool was huge, clean & lovely. Unfortunately other guests & their kids swam/played in the pool/hall all night in full view of the staff who did nothing to enforce their own pool & noise policies.
This hotel has great potential but is far from reaching it at the moment.

• Stayed November 2012
Dear Goabroadnow

Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

We was at this hotel from 16 to 17 November. We and our kids liked everything in this hotel. Most importantly a beautiful large swimming pool, the largest in Sihanoukville, with children's area, a waterfall, and a great night lightining. Many relax areas with interesting design. Staff is very friendly, all smiles and help to cope with any problems. We had a deluxe room overlooking the pool. This is a large, bright room with balcony. My wife liked the bath and rain shower. Great breakfast, the children liked local fruit. 4-star international hotel, but the service is 5 star. We recommend this hotel, will come back here with our friends.

Room Tip: The pool view rooms better. At the evening you can see illumination of the pool. its fantastic.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Vadim P

OC Boutique Hotel

Been to OC Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!