“Idyllic!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Nomads Land

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sihanoukville
Nomads Land
You added Nomads Land to your Saves list
Koh Totang | Koh Sadach Archipelago, Sihanoukville, Cambodia   |
Abingdon, United Kingdom
“Idyllic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

We came here for the first four nights of our honeymoon, and it was perfect! Watching the sunrise every morning was followed by snorkelling, kayaking and chilling out. The food was delicious, the people were friendly. It was wonderful!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

If want to get away from it all, or ever wondered what it would be like to be on a desert island, this is the place for you! I loved Nomads Land. We stayed in the bungalow right on the beach, so the sounds of the sea were our companion. It's a small island, there are only 5 bungalows, and few permanent residents, so it is quiet and peaceful.

It's not the easiest place to get to, but it's a desert island, so that should be expected! We opted for a taxi, which was organised for us by Nomads Land and a very relaxing way to arrive. The journey took around 4 and a half hours from the centre of Phnom Penh.

The hosts are very friendly, and are extremely professional and dedicated to making your stay a pleasant one. All food is included, everything is homemade, fresh and completely delicious. They happily lend out snorkeling equipment and their kayak. There is also the opportunity to take yoga classes, which were brilliant. Everywhere you go - your bungalow, the dining room, yoga studio, there is an amazing view of the sea. If I come to Cambodia again I'd definitely try to come back to Nomads Land.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

The first 11 days spent with my wife here, then went to Phnom Penh and Siam Reap for a few days, then came back to spend another 8 days by myself here - what an amazing holiday I had. Peace and quiet, fantastic hosts Kevin and Charlene worked tirelessly to make our stay the most enjoyable experience and I have made two very good friends now.

Jumping off the end of the jetty with the other guests and their kids was such great fun and there's a lovely sandy area alongside the jetty where my wife and I spent hours and hours bobbing around every day. There’s fantastic snorkeling right in front of the restaurant and the reef goes right along to the end of the island: massive colorful parrot fish and lots of other reef fish everywhere, Kevin took us snorkeling one afternoon and we were gone for almost three hours!

The food is delicious and everyone gets looked after at the restaurant during the fun communal dinners, there’s wines and beers on offer as well as soft drinks for the kids.

Had a great trip to Cambodia and loved Nomads land , a real back to nature and get-away-from-it-all holiday.

Hope to see you again next year.....I can still hear the ocean sending me off to sleep every evening.

Ollie Clarke- Dubai

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

I did wonder when first booking my stay at Nomads Land if 2 weeks would be excessive & would I get bored & did have a 'plan b'. But I really shouldnt have worried, because by the end of my stay I didnt want to leave! I'm already planning my return. It is such a little gem of an island, from it's beauty to the wonderful hosts Kev and Charlene. They go above & beyond as hosts & make you feel so welcome. I stayed in the Dive Inn, which is a colourful little hut, right on the beach. I went to sleep to the sound of the ocean & woke up to the sound of the waves on the beach. It was heavanly. The huts are all very clean & pretty funky. I enjoyed the best sleep I can honestly say I've had in years. The Dive Inn is near the jetty, which was perfect for me as I love the ocean. Every day I spent at least 3 hours bobbing about in it & snorkeling too. The snorkeling is fab, with plenty to see. Lots of coral & a myriad of beautiful little fish. I completely disagree with the review on here that says that getting in to the ocean is awkward. I either walked to the end of the jetty, jumped in then swam to the shallower, sandy area (10 strokes maybe), or walked in. Yes there are a few rocks, but I always wear something on my feet, which I am used to doing safetywise in the tropics. Its no biggie.
Kev & Charlene organised a couple of boat trips & picnics to other islands, which was simply awesome. I also went out in their kayak, great fun. The food is really worth a mention too. I was blown away by it. Freshly prepared, organic & delcious. Fresh baked bread every day. Fresh fish & dishes myself and all other guests raved about. I wanted to write this review as a way to share this little shangri-la with everyone, & also to say thank you to Kev, Charlene and the island for giving me one of the best holidays I've ever had. I'll be back as soon as I can.

Room Tip: I particularly loved the Dive Inn. It is bright & colourful, very clean, has its own bathroom. P...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Dubai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

If organic could be used to describe a holiday, Nomad's Land would definitely be used to define an "Organic Holiday". It's so chilled out on the island that you forget all concept of time. The food is absolutely amazing and I had to steal some recipes to make for myself when I get back to the real world so I could still have a little piece of Nomad's Land when I wanted - even if it won't taste as great as the spear-gun caught fish from the day. Charlene and Kev were the best hosts you could ask for, organising everything from movie nights to boat trips to Ghost Island (worth a visit!) and they really made the holiday what it was. People in cities have sleep machines that play sounds of the ocean, but sleeping in the jungalows at Nomad's was a combination of a cool breeze and the sounds of the ocean which was a mere 5-6 steps from the jungalow. Read a book, lie in a hammock, have a drink, lie on the beach, go out on the kayak or body boards, this is a place where you can do what you want to relax and I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

We had such a fantastic trip and really enjoyed our time on the island. The Bungalow was very clean and pretty and was a relaxing way to spend a few days.

Kevin & Charlene were so nice and friendly and really made our trip - helped us with everything we needed and cooked us some amazing meals.

If we ever return to Cambodia will definitely visit Nomads Land again!

Thanks - Amelia & David

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Walsall
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

The 2 couples running the place are friendly.
The bungalows are clean, pretty and practical.
The pictures on the homepage are professional (the ones on tripadvisor are more what it looks like).
You do have to buy all the food of Nomads land as there is nowhere else one could get anything. The food prices are slightly expensive, but it is also delicious! There is a buffet every evening. This buffet consists of fish and side dishes. The sides are delicious, but if you don't like fish it is quite limiting. The owners do try to accomodate "no-fish" eaters by making larger side portions, but it will always be fish as main dish.
Our biggest downside was that even though the island looks really pretty we actually went there to swim. And swim you can't really. There are two beaches, one is stoney and very very difficult to get in the water. The other is right where the bungalows are, but there are sea urchins (massive ones at that) in the water. This means you can NOT walk into the water. You can only jump off the end of the pier and swim where the water is so deep that your feet do not touch the ground. This for us was a massiv downside.
We did stay a few days, even one longer that originally planned and did really like the relaxing side of it. But it was not what he hoped or came for due to the fact that it was impossible to stay in the water for prolonged periods of times (if you can't stand you don`t stay in the water that long).
We cannot say anything about the snorkeling.
If we had known about the sea urchins we would not have gone there. But once there (as it from Phnom Phen realistically takes a day each direction) made the best of the relaxing atmosphere.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Nomads Land? Share your experiences!