“Awesome!!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #20 of 36 Activities in Sihanoukville
Type: Water sports, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: EcoSea Dive offers all PADI and SSI dive courses, from Open Water Diver to Divemaster. Daily fundives and overnight stay in our bungalows on Koh Rung Sanloem. Affordable internship options available for divers looking to go pro and make diving their living.
Sydney Australia
“Awesome!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2012

We spent a few days in Sihanoukville at the end of our Cambodian holiday. We wanted to do a dive and check out the waters. Whilst in town we stumbled across EcoSea Dive on our way to meet with another dive company.
We were so impressed with the introduction to the company that we received from Chris and his partner that we were keen to head off the next day.
We were off to a bit of a rocky start when the transport was late but then it was all systems go. As you have read on the other reviews the boat was not much to look at but certainly did the job. Unfortunately on this day it was raining all day and quite windy but the staff on the boat ensured that we were all laughing and having a good time.
Once we were nearer to our destination the dive guides ensured that we set up our equipment and even ran through the safety brief. All very professional and above board.
As I had not been diving in a while I opted for a quick refresher which was well run and taken very seriously. The equipment was well taken care of and of good quality.
The dives were awesome and lunch on the bungalow island was great.
We thoroughly enjoyed our day trip with EcoSea Dive and would highly recommend this company to anyone wishing to dive whilst in Sihanoukville.
Keep it up guys :-)

Visited October 2011
EcoSeaDive, Owner at EcoSea Dive Day Trips, responded to this review, January 28, 2012
Hi Nicole

Thanks for sharing your opinion with others and thank you so much for all the kind words. We’re glad you decided to pop into our shop, and that you had a good day with us. If you ever find yourself in this part of Cambodia again, please come out and get some more dives in! You’re always welcome.

where my passport is
“Divemaster Training”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2012

If you are looking for practical hands on DiveMaster Training Eco is the place to go! You will become a boss diver. The instructors are excellent; well trained and extensive backgrounds in diving.
For me, I am moving on towards becoming an instructor and the training I got from from Eco has been invaluable, I am fully prepared to move on with my professional career in diving.
My mentor, Soren, was excellent, not only as a mentor but also as a friend. He went far beyond what was required of him to make me a boss diver! Thanks Soren!

I would recommend Eco to anyone, fun divers, those looking to get certified for open water or continuing education in diving and especially those who are looking to enter the professional diving world.

Separate of the the training, the bungalows are paradise and the food is great. The villagers on Koh Rong Samlem are amazing and great people....if you visit the island, definitely spend some time in the village!

Pirom and Chenna (the local dive guides) are not only close friends of mine but excellent guides, if you are looking for awesome fun dives at a great price go dive with Eco!

After 5 months with the company as an intern there is not one negative thing I can say, well except the hot dog sandwiches should have different cabbage!

To all the staff at Eco: Chris, Anneke, Soren and Simon. you are the best. Thanks for everything, our friendships and the training you gave me.

You all have prepared me fully for the next step! love you all and miss you all greatly.

The owner Kyoko is a fair and good woman, if you want to become a REAL diver train with eco.

Eco Sea Cambodia = La Aoo!

Visited January 2012
Thanks for your very nice review. We’re pleased and proud you feel your divemaster training with us has prepared you to take the next step up the professional ladder. We wish you all the best whereever you end up teaching.

Warm regards (and a bunch of JFDs)
Kyoko and the rest of the gang.
australia
3 attraction reviews
“excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2012

Scenario: I did a two day dive course (advanced open water).

Diving: My instructor Chris was the best instructor i have had in all my 12 years of diving! he was patient, clear with instruction, well considered and thorough with planning and safety. without doubt an exceptional instructor, this for me has been a non-existent experience when diving throughout south east asia.

The diving itself was great - fish life and coral to explore. also options for night diving.

Resort: I arrived with island hosts welcoming me with a friendly handshake and wide brimmed smile. i felt at home instantly. extremely lovely people.

The food was good, simple and easy.

The rooms (dorm) was a hut next to the waters edge. i had a spacious double bed that was comfy, clean and very relaxing and soft after diving all day.

conclusion: i had an excellent two days diving and hanging out on the island. I cant speak highly enough of my instructor and hosts on the island. a must do trip, especially for the price.

Visited January 2012
Hi Matt

Thank you so much for your kind words. I’m very happy to hear you had a good time with us out on the island and think highly of our staff. We’re very pleased indeed to have Chris on board as our instructor. Reviews like yours remind me I need to pat his back soon! Thanks for sharing your opinion with others!

The best regards,
3 attraction reviews
“perfect for getting your PADI when you're on a budget”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2011

Here's my opinion about ecosea dive

*good dive equipment (some of it was brandnew)
*very good and nice instructors
*crap boat (but did the job)
*bad organisation (although the crew will take care of you)
*food is fine (I liked it, but it's not special or so and not much to chose from)
*price is good (cheaper than some others)
*accomodation is simple and the private bungalows a little overpriced (15 dollars/night extra for a simple bungalow)
*the location on the island where you sleep is very nice (they own a small part of the island which we really liked)

In conclusion, if you're on a budget I think it's good to go to EcoSea dive. I'm sure you'll have a nice time there. However, I can imagine that if you don't mind to spend a bit more, maybe other dive schools (which I didn't see myself of course) are better.

By the way, I got my advanced at EcoSea dive and my boyfriend his open water. EcoSea dive had the best offer for us (I compared with Scuba nation and The dive shop), although it's worth to shop around. I did already more dives in the past and I think EcoSea dive could do better (regarding their organisation, boat and more diverse food), but they are perfectly fine if you don't want to spend more money and still want to learn to dive (as a good boat and more diverse food is not necessary to learn good diving I think).

I hope this was usefull.

Visited December 2011
We’re very pleased you felt we did a good job with the PADI Open Water Course. We do take pride in having good gear and our instructors are indeed very experienced. When you visited us over Christmas we experienced the worst weather of 2011 and we had to cancel the normal dive schedule for a day. We’re sorry if this came across as being badly organised, but we feel we did the best possible under the circumstances. As noone can help the weather, we think we handled the situation as best and as fairly as possible, by offering you and your eight friends an extra day of accommodation and meals on the island free of charge. This allowed the weather to calm down and provided the sort of safe and calm conditions we feel is suitable for teaching. It did unfortunately lenghten your course by one day. Regarding our boats, we’re very pleased to say our new custom built boat will be ready very shortly. Our old boats do indeed deserve a bit of love and attention, but we do hope you’ll come back and enjoy a trip on our new awesome ride! Thanks for sharing your opinion with us.

Kyoko Ohashi
“First time diving made easy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2011 via mobile

My friend Joe and I were chilling out on the beach when we were approached by an Eco sea representative. We had a few days to play with and neither of us had ever been diving so thought why not!

We signed up for the open water deluxe SSI package and it turned out to be one of the best things we did on our holiday. The people at Eco-Sea are so patient and friendly it makes it so easy to learn. Joe and I had Soren as our I structor who was a big friendly giant with the patience of a saint and we got on well immediately.

Staying on the island was like being on another planet, one of the most relaxing places I have ever been. Food was awesome and eating arrangements communal so everyone gets to know eachother sitting round the large dining table.

Would like to thank all the instructors especially Soren and his lovely wife Helle, for having an awesome sense of humour and friendly nature

Callan and Joe