“Pleasant and Clean” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Small Hotel

and 1 more site!
You added The Small Hotel to your Saves list
The Small Hotel
Downtown | On a quiet street behind the Caltex Station, Sihanoukville, Cambodia   |
Ranked #5 of 170 Sihanoukville B&B and Inns
Singapore, Singapore
“Pleasant and Clean”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

I stayed here for one night on my last night in SHK, as I need to catch an early morning bus. This was a perfect place to get away from all the noise in Serendipity beach.

The hotel was simple, clean with cable TV. Free wi-fi inside the room as well. Friendly staffs, they even help me called the bus company that I had booked my ticket with to clarify few things while I did not actually book the ticket with them. I am very impressed.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

We were extremely impressed with the staff from the minute we arrived! The room was clean and spacious with wifi, a tv, dvd player, aircon and fan. The hotel has a large selection of books and dvds for you to watch in your room. The food is delicious so we ate at the hotel a lot during our stay.
Unfortunately we got robbed on the sea front during a night out and the staff at the hotel were extremely helpful. A member of staff took us to the police station and translated everything for us. We were made to feel welcome and cared about throughout our stay.

• Stayed August 2013
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

The minute we arrived someone came out to greet us, and it was like this the two nights we stayed. The staff were easy to talk to, enjoyed a laugh with us and were very helpful in organising tickets etc. The rooms are comfy with fan and air con and its only a 10 minute walk to the Big Market. A great menu - something for everyone. Would enjoy staying here again!

• Stayed July 2013
Rijswijk, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

I stayed here for a week and I felt very much at home. Unfortunately I fell ill halfway my stay so I didn´t go much into town except for the market but I did not mind spending most of my time at the Small Hotel itself. It has a good collection of books and I had a very good room (nr 3), quite large and very clean, huge tv (very nice when you're sick), an AC, a working desk and a fridge. the bed was very comfy. I also spent a day at the Small Beach, which was very relaxing as expected, food and service was good too. Only thing I did not like at the beach was the fact that hardly had I sat down or women came and sat right next to me trying to give me a massage or a manicure or whatever else I absolutely had no wish for. It took hours for them to finally leave me at peace. But it's a really beautiful spot and the free rides to and from the hotel are a bonus.

Room Tip: I loved my room no 3, but there's no view. So if you like a nice view you should choose another...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

We'd only planned to stay 1 night but the staff were so helpful. They organized our trip to Koh Rong Samloem. We were really happy to stay on our return. The staff are so caring and helpful. The food is delicious. We stayed extra nights. Good value and highly recommend.

• Stayed July 2013
Canton of Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Arriving from Phnom Penh I was picked up by a tuk tuk from the bus station, sent by The Small Hotel, free of charge. I stayed there for seven nights and didn't feel like going anywhere else, except the wonderful Infinity Beach. The transfer from the Hotel to the Small Beach Bar is free of charge and at the beach the same good service is available as in The Small Hotel itself, food and cocktails inclusive. Free towels are provided, and approx. 15 m away there is a toilette and a shower. Free WiFi is granted at the beach as well and I got power for my net-book. The food is so good, that I didn't eat anywhere else one week long as I wanted to try everything on the menu. Khmer and Swedish specialties are offered as the owner Henrik is from Sweden and his lovely wife Mom (who is both engine and heart of this business), is Khmer. Upon my request I got a nice ship excursion organised and just before departure I realized that I lost my hat. Mom got one for me as a gift! One night I asked for a snack, not being aware of it, that the kitchen was already closed. Still, I got freshly made french fries. My room had both fan and air-condition and the bed was comfortable. The room was cleaned every day. The lobby is like a living room with a library. Opposite of it are the tables of the restaurant. The bar and the reception is at one counter. Everything cozy and practical. In the front yard there are tables to eat or work. I paid $ 15.-/night but I got far more value. I warmly recommend The Small Hotel to anyone and would stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

I I intended to stay here , four years ago , but couldn't find this hotel. I should have jumped on a tuk tuk; or motorbike taxi!. I checked in, expecting to pay about us 25 / 30 dollars for a hotel of this quality. When I was quoted 20 us for a stay of 3 nights or more; I a almost felt guilty paying so little for such a quality Budget hotel.I ate here every meal of the day for my 5 days of my stay!, including the 2 lunches at their beach shack. The food is unbeatable. Every one of the staff are naturally very friendly. Especially the Vietnamese Bar attendant + theCambodian girl ; who manages the beach bar. I never asked their names!. Because of the obvious good value of holidays in nearly all of Seasia; I tip almost everyone who is genuine and pleasant especially considering the low wages + long hours these people have to endure.Being the off peak season I found the bar scene here;"at this guesthouse , "a little quiet, on most nights; so I went for a beer @ the day mate aussie bar in downtown snookville. Mick runs a great bar ; he's also good for some local knowledge;" having worked and lived here for 10 yrs.I", was recommended the small hotel, by 2 tuk tuk drivers from Phnom Penh; located down the road from the Asia hotel ; 4 yrs ago!. IIm so thankful.These 2 drivers are definitely worth booking for a tour or to have a beer with ;" after a hot day in the sun . They are 2 trustworthy Khmer ; their located outside the corner restaurant before crossing the road 2 the CTRmmarkets. Their names are Mr Hour and Mr Sophat.Having so few rooms ; I would recommended booking this hotel in advance ; during the busy season!.

• Stayed May 2013

Been to The Small Hotel? Share your experiences!