“New owner - new everything” 5 of 5 stars

Queen Hill Resort
Between Ochheuteal Beach and Otres Beach, Sihanoukville, Cambodia   |
Ranked #123 of 170 Sihanoukville B&B and Inns
Moscow, Russia
“New owner - new everything”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

This place changed the owner. Now Queen Hill is a nice guest house for the backpackers. The bungalows are clean and coll :) The views around guesthouse are amazing, looks like on advertising photos. This place is really quiet.

With my wife we stuck here for 2 months.

Room Tip: Two-beds bungalows have better view than one-bed bungalows.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Solothurn, Switzerland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

it's such a nice place, but these bungalows are rotting, doors don't close proper (just a little deadlook and we did'nt feel safe out there at all, not even the maybe 15 years old guard changed that ;)) carpet is dirty, bathroom is more than dirty (we went to town, got some cleaning stuff and cleaned it, was white after..) kinda felt and sounded like it would brake! rats were around and the receptionist was not very helpful. i don't know if he did'nt understand us or just did'nt care! we were angry, frustrated and sad, as they could make soo much more out of this place..

Devon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

We booked in here without checking Tripadvisor after waliking down Otres Beach have stayed at Papa Pippo further up. Great location on the hill, lovely views over the sea, private large stilted bungalows, with balocony and aircon. The thing that let it down most was the bathroom, looked so grotty, If you like Otres Beach, it is the best in Sihanoukville, go and have a look at these places if you want a quiet time whilst being close enough to everything that goes on. Beware of the bathroom though!

Room Tip: Get one with Aircon, $20 per night
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Vang Vieng, Laos
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2012

Stayed here for one night only ...wanted to be close to a beach and the view was good which was about the only thing good about this termite eaten falling apart bungalow.I wont go into detail about all the minor defects of the accommodation except to mention that the toilet bowl was falling around loose!! I reported this to the receptionist, she gave me an embarrassed smile and said she already knew ..
I did the backpacking stuff 40 years ago and I have stayed in much more primitive places [which could be great] however at 20 dollars a night Queen hill resort is totally overpriced 5 dollars it would have been a steal 10 bucks and I probably wouldn't feel the need to write this but at the prices they charge the mystery is how they manage to be full!!

San Francisco, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2012

On the way to Otres beach, you will pass this beautiful hill with lush trees, massive rocks, and enchanting views. You're tempted by the cool looking bungalows that are perfectly perched on the hill. Don't be fooled by the mirage. I wish I could have written a stellar review about this place because it literally has million dollar views. But...it is just so badly taken care of that you are left feeling dirty. The bed is made, but the sheets look like they're from the early 90s and seem like they haven't been washed since. My boyfriend and I slept on top of the sheets using a bath towel as a barrier between us and the bed. It was that bad. We asked for new pillows because the ones that were initially in the room had soiled stains on them. I think the walls might be made of paper. The few things the hotel has going for it is: views from the balcony, air conditioning, and a nice staff. It's a real shame...I wish the owner would take care of this place. It has so much potential... If you'd like to stay at Otres, check out one of the restaurants along the beach. Some have bungalows available above the restaurant or across the street.They don't have air con, but I'm positive you'd be more comfortable. If I were to do it again, I'd camp on the beach with a tent, net and a hammock.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Sihanoukville, Cambodia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2012

We heard about this place and the pictures looked amazing however it was not so.
The floors were dirty and looked like they had not been cleaned ever as were the bed sheets and the mosquito nets all had big gaping holes in them.
The floorboards had holes so bugs got in all night.
The doors do not fit correctly and the balcony looked as though it could have fallen off just by stepping out onto it.
They turn the power off very early and we ended up walking back to our room in pitch darkness.
In the middle of the night a RAT was swimming around in our toilet it was a terrible experience.
I went to speak to the receptionist at about 2am and she was not there so i got 2 security guards to come and help.
I went back in the morning and she was very unhelpful.She told me her name was Linda however when i asked someone else she called Linda before he could reply so I think she is lying.
I asked for a refund as we hardly slept and I also asked to speak to the manager but she would not call him.She offered me a different room.
I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THAT NOONE STAYS HERE EVER!!
RUDE
DIRTY
RAT FILLED
FAILURE OF A BUNGALOW.
However look further up the beach for friendly guesthouses.

Room Tip: do not stay here
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2011 via mobile

The Beautiful natur is the best what the hotel had, so this is the risen why we stay!
The Room was very very very very dirty and we had to clean it by our self. Terrible dirty- i never saw that in my life..
The Staff are very clueless! And they pee from the balcony next to mine!
It can be a beautiful place whit a little work... this is so sad...

• Stayed November 2011

Been to Queen Hill Resort? Share your experiences!