“too bad, worst place in cambodia i have been” 1 of 5 stars

Lucky Bungalows
and 1 more site!
You added Lucky Bungalows to your Saves list
Lucky Bungalows
23 Tola Street (Ochheuteal Beach), Sihanoukville, Cambodia (Formerly Lucky Guesthouse)   |
Ranked #131 of 183 Sihanoukville B&B and Inns
germany
“too bad, worst place in cambodia i have been”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

this was the worst hotel i ever had.....actually there is NO bungalow like it is said in its name ( lucky bungalows) as well they cheated on us, augmenting the price from 20 till 50 dollars because of chinese new year. the room was awfull, and electrictiy did not work well...also no breakfast inculded.
REALLLY NOT a ice place to stay!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2011

Lucky Bungalows is a fairly new place, replacing the old Lucky Guesthouse that was located across the street next door. The owners are the same Singaporean origin family. I stayed at the former guesthouse more than once and when I telephoned to make a reservation, I was told it no longer exists, but I could stay at the Lucky Bungalow. I was rather confused to say the least but recognized the young lady on the phone so I went ahead and made a reservation. When I arrived in Sihanoukville I made my way to the establishment and all was made clear. The owners of the old Lucky Guesthouse had to vacate that property, the guesthouse was being torn down in May 2011 while I was there; the same family now runs the Lucky Bungalows just across a small side street. I learnt that they were left with no choice but to close the other place, let's just say that someone important wanted to purchase the land.
Overall, I am satisfied with Lucky Bungalow. I stayed 10 days and tried two rooms, the first was a single room ($12 negotiated for a week, $2 discount) and then a two-bed room ($14 negotiated for additional 3 days) to accommodate a friend I invited from Phnom Penh. The location is super excellent, a casual 3 minute walk to the beach. It is a pretty quiet area as well. The family running the place was polite and attentive to my requests. The rooms are all set off a main corridor and the windows face this inside corridor which provide excellent security but limit your view to say the least. Since I spent all my days at the beach or meandering around town I was okay with this. The corridor has some benches so that you can relax outside your room, but it is possible that people can smoke here and when I visited it was not designated a non-smoking area which is still a foreign concept in Asia based on my travel experience. The rooms I stayed in were clean with AC, TV, hot water shower and small fridge (also included free WiFi). The lucky market, a small convenience store was also relocated to the new location and is quite convenient.
You are within walking distance of everything you could possibly need. There are plenty of supply stores, shops and restaurants within 10 minute walk of the guesthouse. I popped out to purchase some supplies for my fridge, picked up some take-out food on occasion and sampled the local ice cream (delicious). There are several tuk-tuk’s and motor cycles 30 seconds down the street and I was able to go the main market in town to buy fresh fruit, perfumed sweet young coconuts and some clothes and then back again for $2-$3. When I was there, there was no restaurant on the premises, whereas they had one at the former location, but again I often ate on the beach or at the many nearby restaurants.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2010

The place is of excellent location but I just got back from staying there today only to realise that the cleaning staff stole a necklace that I had. i checked out only to realise that I left this necklace hanging on the door handle. I went back and asked the cleaning ladies for it and they said they never saw it, which i know is a lie. Nevertheless, I would go there but be careful.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Glasgow, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2010

We stayed here for one night before travelling to one of the islands, and that was enough for us. The room ($13) was reasonably sized with AC, fridge, and TV. The wardrobe smelt of damp so badly that we did not hang anything up. The bathroom was slightly grubby with a particularly unpleasant pair of mouldy flip-flops apparently for guests to use. The staff were indifferent and at times we had to look for them when we needed something. The location is very good, only 5 mins walk to the beach and away from the busy backpacker street. There is also a well-stocked shop attached to the guesthouse where guests can use the internet for free.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Siem Reap
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2010

Lucky Guesthouse is now has a new branch called Lucky Bungalows, it is very close to lucky Guesthouse. It runs by a Cambodian family.

My friend and i spent 2 nights there, the room was beautiful which decored with some pictures, in the room itself has TV, Hot water, mini bar etc. They also provid free wifi and internet at the reception area.

It is truely conveniece location!! you can find everything you need. they has a mini-mart and a cafe. The food at their cafe was really good.
The guesthouse is located just a few minutes to the beach! mean you don't have to take a rid, you can just take a short walk there. It is also close to the restaurants area that i would name it as Restaurant Street, you can find alot of type of food there.

I definitely reccommend this guesthouse to everyone!!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2009

We stayed here for just over 3 weeks in November. The Guesthouse has a newer building across the street which is where we stayed. The rooms are well appointed with a wardrobe, tv, a/c, fan etc and we paid only $15/night. I will list the pro's and cons:

Pro's
- 3 minute walk to beach
- safe compound structure with security guard at night and gates closed.
- free WIFI at the market in the Guesthouse building
- friendly family run business
- honest housekeeping staff - no money or valuables went missing in the entire 3 weeks
- clean rooms upon arrival

Cons
- can be noisy on Friday/Saturday/Sunday nights when local Khmers come to the beach for the weekend - the walls are thin and the hall echoes. When they are out in the hall with their doors open, tv's blaring and talking loudly from 11 pm - 1 am then start up again at 6 am.
- housekeeping isn't consistent - we had to ask them to make the room up with fresh towels daily and once when we asked for more toilet paper it was questioned
- the bedding is too small for the bed so for two people in the bed there is a constant fight for the blanket
- don't rent the motorcycle from them - it is not in great shape and won't get you far! Go down the road to a different rental place.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Lucky Bungalows? Share your experiences!