“Good rooms, but horrible location and service” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Sunday Guest House

You added Sunday Guest House to your Saves list
Sunday Guest House
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No 16 Street Sereypheap | Sangkat 4, Khan Mittaphea, Sihanoukville, Cambodia   |
Ranked #36 of 60 Hotels in Sihanoukville
California
“Good rooms, but horrible location and service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2009

Yes, it's a brand new gueshouse with comfortable beds, and it's very clean. But the location is not good (on a street with nothing else, midway between the center of town and the beach) and the staff leaves a lot to be desired.

We were promised wireless internet, which we found out upon arrival they didn't have. They also said they would pick us up from the bus station, but didn't. We had originally booked 3 nights but wanted to leave after 1 because we found a cheaper room in a much better location. The people working the front desk wouldn't let us go without paying for all three nights, but hardly spoke any English, so they put us on the phone with someone who spoke better English. We explained that we weren't picked up and there wasn't wi-fi as advertised, and we had decided to leave. She told us we were bad guests and that we had to pay the full price.

After being yelled at for a few minutes, we paid for our one night and left. You can do a LOT better in Sihanoukvile!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
deutschland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2009

We stayed here for some days, and enjoyed it.
A night was 10 $ for a fan room.
Clean room, cosy mattresses.
It´s located between city center and beach in a quiet crossroad from Ekareach Street.

• Stayed January 2009
Perth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2009

I was en route to Sihanoukville from Siem Reap, with no real idea of where to stay. It was late, due to our bus breaking down, and was dark by the time we arrived in the coastal town.

I asked another Aussie fellow if he had any good tips on where to stay, to which he replied he'd been advised the Sunday was good, that they were picking him up, and that I could tag along.
And so I did.

From the outset I felt I was onto a winner, due to the young lady at the desk who spoke perfect English (sadly, she runs the Phnom Penh 'Sunday Guesthouse' I believe, so isn't always there).
The rooms were very clean and new - I think it's one of the newest guesthouses in the area - and the staff very friendly.

I was able to get washing down, organise a tour, organise visas and move on with no hassle at all.
Was $12 US a night for air con and hot water, cable TV (apparently, I've yet to watch TV while travelling) and a very nice new bathroom.

Would highly recommend them. They're a short moto ride from the beach and main drag, which in hindsight I'm very happy about, due to seeing how noisy it was in town and on the beach at night.

If you're after somewhere peaceful to retire to each night, DEFINITELY check out the Sunday Guesthouse.

[Addition: Though I have to check 'not sure' for most of the amenities, as I spent so little time in my room apart from sleeping... Maybe check on these things in advance?

Oh, and maybe think twice about staying at the Phnom Penh branch, if they offer you that... It's nooowhere near as clean, quite grungy in fact, and this room smells like cigarettes.. ugh]

• Stayed February 2009, traveled solo

Been to Sunday Guest House? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Sunday Guest House

Address: No 16 Street Sereypheap | Sangkat 4, Khan Mittaphea, Sihanoukville, Cambodia
Location: Cambodia > Sihanoukville Province > Sihanoukville
Restaurant Room Service Airport Transportation
Ranked #36 of 60 Hotels in Sihanoukville
Hotel Class:3 star — Sunday Guest House 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda and HostelBookers so you can book your Sunday Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Sunday Guest House, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.