“Atmosphere ?” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Geckozy Guesthouse

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sihanoukville
Geckozy Guesthouse
You added Geckozy Guesthouse to your Saves list
2 Street Down From | Ekareach Street 's Gaz Stations, Sihanoukville, Cambodia   |
Ranked #49 of 170 Sihanoukville B&B and Inns
Ath, Hainaut, Belgium
“Atmosphere ?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

Good guest house , decoration is nice , room are clean and cozy . The atmosphere is relaxing except when the owner is completly moody for no reason . (try to charge us extra 3 dollars just to park our moto in his guest house where we rent a room ) No FOOD or DRINK available . It s the second time i v been there , last time was 5 years ago and i m completly disapointed for what it is now ....

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Families
Solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

Firstly I have to say I am so appreciative of the service I received from the staff here.

I arrived at the guesthouse just around 11pm and called inside where someone woke up to let me in. They had a room for me but needed to make up the bed which they did with a smile even though I had woken them so late.

The room was charming - it felt like a beach shack. The furnishings were all a little old but made of bamboo and in good repair. There were two fans in the room as well as a mosquito net. The bathroom had hot water but I didn't use it so I can't comment on that. The wifi was plenty fast for me. The room was clean which was nice considering that they had no notice of my arrival. The price was, in my opinion, on par for the accommodations and a great value for the service. They also have a restaurant but I did not eat there so I cannot comment.

The location was nice for me: not to far from the bus terminals on the main road and just a few minutes motorbike ride from where I needed to catch my connecting ferry to Koh Rong.

In the morning I had to wake them again when I departed at 6:30 but once again they greeted me with smiles and thanked me for staying. I was very happy to have stayed with them.

The location was good for access to Sihanoukville because it was just off the main intersection in town.

• Stayed July 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

Before I go on to give this place an absolutely shining review, I must say that during our stay Im not sure if this is regular but we had a lot of power-cuts and our room without power was very very hot...

We had a fantastic stay at Geckozy, the french owner and his staff assistant are so lovely and friendly we stayed in on our 2 nights with them chatting whilst my boyfriend and I played cards with a few drinks.

The rooms are very basic, but so beautifully decorated and for the price you cannot complain. Shower absolutely fine no complaints there, bed comfortable, setting around the grounds is beautiful with flowers and greenery everywhere so peaceful.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Pnom Penh, Phnum Penh, Cambodia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Having spent many months staying in various Sihanoukville guesthouses, I can assuredly say this is the best for value for money, hospitality, convenience and security. Tucked away in a beautiful, well-kept garden setting, it is a characterful and clean and private. Owner is extremely helpful and discrete, whilst also being a genial host. With many years of pedigree, this is a wonderful place to stay for short or long visits and I hope to be returning soon.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2012

Lonely Planet's "Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, & the Greater Mekong" mentions Geckozy as an alternative to the busy beach scene. We got a room on short notice around Christmas of 2011. There are several guest houses within walking distance and a laundry facility facing Geckozy. The room we had was simple, clean, and nice. It had a private bathroom with cold water, a fan, two beds with mosquito nets, and wood and wicker furniture -- all for $6 a day. We planned to stay only one day, but stayed for two. Anyone wishing to live in a quiet street, away from the tourists on the beach might consider staying in Geckozy. Lionel, the owner, is friendly and flexible in his way of doing things. I am returning to Sihanoukville soon, and will not bother looking anywhere else to stay. Besides, it's very close to the beach: $1 by tuk tuk, if you are firm.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Manchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2011

We stayed at Geckozy for 4 nights. The place is in the city centre, away from the busy beaches. The place benefits from a lovely and peaceful garden (fantastic after a busy and hot day), has hot water (very rare for this price) and clean rooms. Were were 20 minute-walk from the beach; 5 minutes by moto or tuk tuk...for us, it was better than staying near the beach with the crowds of backpackers. I would really recommend this place...very honest and welcoming.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Tierra del Fuego, Chile
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2011

Well run in a laid back sort of way. Its possible to get a very very good rate here, ... like $105.00 dollars a month.
A couple of blocks from the center of downtown. Safe and secure.
Take a moto to the beach around 5 mins away for about a dollar.
Within a couple of blocks of the best grocery in town.
Free Wifi works well enough. Good value also if you want to spend five or six dollars a night short term.
Lionel is the owner operator and he is fair and direct... and his business is his lifestyle and he is proactive and engaging.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business

Been to Geckozy Guesthouse? Share your experiences!