“Fabulous” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Falling Waters River Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kernville
Falling Waters River Resort
15729 Sierra Way, Kernville, CA   |
“Fabulous”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I have been staying at Falling Waters Inn for the past nine years. We always reserve the same room during Whiskey Flat Days. Each room has a different theme. The people who run the place are great, we have never had a problem. The room we have is clean and inviting. I would recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed February 2012

25 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

The room and set-up was better than we were expecting. The room was shaded by mulberry trees, the courtyard in front had a BBQ and it was pleasant to sit outside our room and listen to the river. We went up on a Friday and the place was very quiet. The staff greeted us in a friendly and helpful manner, providing suggestions for places to eat and things to do. The room was large, tastefully decorated in an Old West theme and the bathroom and shower stall were spic and span. We particularly enjoyed the nice skylight that brought in lots of natural light in the morning and sitting in the dining area looking out the windows for breakfast. We were in Room #15, which I liked because it was on the end. Parking was very convenient -- right next to our cottage. There was potential to hear the neighbors through the adjoining door, but we lucked out and had relatively quiet ones. All in all, our stay exceeded our expectations, was restful, and we would definitely return.

Room Tip: I was glad I saved money by choosing a courtyard room rather than a river view room. Room #15 was o...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Bakersfield, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012

We have stayed at Falling Waters Resort several times- the past 6 years. Clean cottages, wood burning fireplaces, picnic tables, bbq's, full kitchen...all that...and right on the River- and we can bring our 2 dogs! A delightful- no BS- relaxing place to get out of town and enjoy. The staff is always pleasant- and helpful if needed. The grounds are well manicured- and we just highly recommend this place- if you are looking for a simple few days to sit and enjoy some peace. Kind of like camping- but with all the ammenties of a home.

Room Tip: The rooms are all a different theme- but they are all very quaint. If I can get my macho husband to...
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Wellington, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2011

My wife and I were wanting to stay at places that were not in the cities during our road-trip around Southern California. In April we virtually had the place to ourselves. Friendly Chuck and his dog were waiting when we arrived with four sets of keys and asked us to look in each room and decide which one took our fancy. Each room has a theme; pirate ship, hunting, (lots ) . We chose #27 right at the end. All done out in victorian style with huge bed that had a step to use to climb up on to it. The room was large and with a kitchen with good facilities. Bathroom and shower were good.
It was very quiet and peaceful with just the river for company, but I could imagine that in the summer season this place would be full of adventureous people and familes taking advantage of the Kern river.
Chuck gave me lots of his time to tell about the history of the area ane was very friendly.
The small town of Kernville was about 10mins away with a few shops and eating places.

Room Tip: The ends one was good.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2011

Chuck Richards’ Falling Waters River Resort is a great place to stay if you’re looking for a cabin right on the beautiful Kern River! It’s far enough from the road to hear nothing but the lull of the river and was serenely peaceful and quiet in the off-season! We stayed in a lovely Victorian-themed duplex cabin. The staff and service were excellent.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Torrance,California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2011

My wife and I stayed here on Sept 22-24, and loved it. Chuck, Nancy, Michelle, Joyce, and Whisper really made us feel like family. We stayed here many years ago when it was the Lazy River Lodge as well. The resort has had many improvements and we are very impressed! Chuck greeted us personally when we were checking in and during the course of our stay made sure we got the most out of our Kern River experience. He is the best host that we have ever had. The rooms are large, comfortable, and the kitchen really comes in handy, especially if you like to eat your catch. I caught two trout a short walk from our room. We enjoyed lying on our lounge chairs at night looking up at the sky. It really looks different up there away from the light pollution that we have at home. We will definitely be back.
D & S

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Colombo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2011

Wow, I don't recommend staying at the Falling Waters River Resort. My wife and I just returned to the USA from a tour in Sri Lanka and the accomidations in Sri Lanka (which is a "developing country") were better. The decor was straight out of a 1950's movie. I almost asked for my money back but my best friend had made the reservations and paid before I got there. That said, the bed was relatively confortable, the roof didn't leak and the shower provided water. However, I had a constant reminder that a yellow tractor was behind the room because there was no curtain on the back window. I'm sorry to say I was very disappointed and I've been visiting the Kern River for 15+ years.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Falling Waters River Resort? Share your experiences!