“Fantastic Fish & Chips” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night
Bakersfield
“Fantastic Fish & Chips”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

This was my first visit toThe Kern River Brewing Company but it will not be my last. The beer sampler order allowed us to taste several of the beers brewed on site. The blonde was my favorite, however, others in our party liked the stronger beers so there is a beer for all tastes. The fish & chips were some of the best I have ever had and the waffle fries were delicious. This is a very cute place and the wait staff was helpful and friendly. I imagine this is a very fun bar at night.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Moorpark, California
“Good lunch spot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

Food, beer and service was good. Prices decent. Great place to go while camping in the area. Will stop by again!

Visited March 2013
Porterville, California
“Unexpected Find”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Some friends and I were exploring the mountains near Kernville and when lunch time came, we headed for an interesting place that we passed earlier that morning. Kern River Brewing Company is located in the mountain community of Kernville. The restaurant/brewery had indoor and outdoor seating (we sat outside on the patio). Standard wooden picnic tables sat outside with wonderful views of the Sierras. The waitress took our drink orders, and of course, we all had to try their brews. I started with the Class V Stout but then found out they had a sampler that includes 5oz cups of 4 different beers. I got one of those too. Mine included their Blonde, Red, and a couple of IPAs (it usually includes the stout, but since I already had a full glass, she substituted for me). All were very good, the Red probably being my favorite. The IPAs both had a citrus taste to them which I didn't expect but they were refreshing and had good flavor.

The food was also very good. I had the ortega burger that comes with fresh waffle cut fries. The buns look fresh backed and the burger itself was also good. Basically, this was just a good place for a casual meal with friends with solid food and drink. I couldn't have asked for more.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Kernville, CA
“Great casual dining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Fish and Chips, bratwurst, imaginative wraps and sandwiches can always be found here. Then there's the gold-medal-winning beer they brew. I can think of no better place for a casual lunch or dinner - or just a great afternoon beer - than the Kern River Brewery. A must visit when in the Kern River Valley.

Visited December 2012
Kernville, Ca
“good burger/ good beer”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Former olympic medalists in kayaking own this establishment. There are a lot of outdoor sports in Kernville and this is where they hang. Also, they have live music most weekends.

Visited October 2012