“McNally's is the best !” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 12 Restaurants in Kernville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Los Angeles, California
“McNally's is the best !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We were staying the weekend in the area and had never visited McNally's before due to its being closed during some of the winter months. Well this time it was open and wow was it great. We ordered a 20 ounce top sirloin and a "pardner plate" (the sides, so each diner had a full dinner). Not only was the steak more than enough for the two of us but it was absolutely fantastic. As other reviewers have said it was the best steak I've ever had. Do not miss this place. Its one of a kind.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Bakersfield, California
“Best Steakhouse EVER!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

We regularly travel 90 minutes from Bakersfield to frequent McNally's because they are simply the best steakhouse ever! (Well actually, in our travels we have found that there's two other steakhouses that match this place; one in South Africa and the other in Kuwait...but that really is too far.) At McNally's, the two of us usually split a steak entree, get a "partner's plate" for an extra set of sides, and try to save room for one of their fabulous desserts. You are buying quality food here so it's a bit pricy but worth every penny. Casual atmosphere, good local brew, and warm personable service is also a major plus. Don't let the distance stand in the way because the beautiful drive is part of the experience. The rustic lodge decor features a welcoming bar with a wood burning fireplace, animal kill mounted on the walls, and wood floors.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Kernville, Ca
“awesome steaks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

We walked the hanging bridge over the Kern River, then enjoyed some fantastic steaks. They also have a great hamburger stand!

Visited June 2012
Ridgecrest, California
“Best Steakhouse for a hundred miles.!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

I have been to this place a total of three times and finally decided to review it. I would have rated it 5 stars but this last trip was a little disappointing. I had the Rib eye and it was pretty good but kind of fatty and a little tough. Still better than anyplace around but I hope they read this and fix it. The waitress did tell me if I had told her sooner she would have taken it back so it is my fault too. They bring out a vegetable tray with fresh veggies. Something not done very often in restaurants now days. I had ranch on my salad and it was fresh and home made. Nana had the Cajun Black bean soup yumm. Nana also ordered the prime rib au jus. She loved it. I tasted it and have to say it was the best au jus sandwhich I ever had. I would recommend this place to anyone. In fact if you are within 50 miles of Kernville don't pass it up.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Lake Isabella, California
“Well deserved favorite of locals”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

Johnny McNally's is one of those places that never disappoints. The food is delicious, not only the steaks, but the apricot chicken is one of my favorite dishes there. We dined there last night for my birthday. The wait staff sang to me, and the mud pie was yummy and there was plenty for all 4 of us, especially after a huge dinner! Out back the deck overlooks the whitewater of the Kern River and a footbridge spans the river. Great atmosphere!

• Visited October 2012