“Best Steakhouse EVER!” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 12 restaurants in Kernville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Bakersfield, California
“Best Steakhouse EVER!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

We regularly travel 90 minutes from Bakersfield to frequent McNally's because they are simply the best steakhouse ever! (Well actually, in our travels we have found that there's two other steakhouses that match this place; one in South Africa and the other in Kuwait...but that really is too far.) At McNally's, the two of us usually split a steak entree, get a "partner's plate" for an extra set of sides, and try to save room for one of their fabulous desserts. You are buying quality food here so it's a bit pricy but worth every penny. Casual atmosphere, good local brew, and warm personable service is also a major plus. Don't let the distance stand in the way because the beautiful drive is part of the experience. The rustic lodge decor features a welcoming bar with a wood burning fireplace, animal kill mounted on the walls, and wood floors.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

87% Recommend
Kernville, Ca
“awesome steaks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

We walked the hanging bridge over the Kern River, then enjoyed some fantastic steaks. They also have a great hamburger stand!

Visited June 2012
Ridgecrest, California
“Best Steakhouse for a hundred miles.!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

I have been to this place a total of three times and finally decided to review it. I would have rated it 5 stars but this last trip was a little disappointing. I had the Rib eye and it was pretty good but kind of fatty and a little tough. Still better than anyplace around but I hope they read this and fix it. The waitress did tell me if I had told her sooner she would have taken it back so it is my fault too. They bring out a vegetable tray with fresh veggies. Something not done very often in restaurants now days. I had ranch on my salad and it was fresh and home made. Nana had the Cajun Black bean soup yumm. Nana also ordered the prime rib au jus. She loved it. I tasted it and have to say it was the best au jus sandwhich I ever had. I would recommend this place to anyone. In fact if you are within 50 miles of Kernville don't pass it up.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Lake Isabella, California
“Well deserved favorite of locals”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

Johnny McNally's is one of those places that never disappoints. The food is delicious, not only the steaks, but the apricot chicken is one of my favorite dishes there. We dined there last night for my birthday. The wait staff sang to me, and the mud pie was yummy and there was plenty for all 4 of us, especially after a huge dinner! Out back the deck overlooks the whitewater of the Kern River and a footbridge spans the river. Great atmosphere!

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Maui
“World class steaks!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

One of the best steak places I've ever eaten at! Don't make the mistake of ordering anything but beef, and you won't be disappointed!

Visited August 2012