“Good Good” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Oak View, California
“Good Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

It's a good restaurant in an area that lacks good restaurants. I recommend only three places in the area and this is one of them. Great location in lil ol' downtown Kernville.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Snohomish, Washington
“Very Good Dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

We went into Kernville looking for a place to eat and saw this place. Being of Italian descent we decided to eat here and were hoping for the best. Back in Bakersfield I had run across a book called "The Italians of Kern Co" in the hotel lobby. So, we assumed since there was a history of Italians in the area it would most likely be authentic food. We were right! It was a Friday night and we had no reservations but the waitress said she'd ask if they could take us right away and they did. We were not rushed at all during our meal. I had the spaghetti and meatballs and a house salad and I also had a house red wine. We remarked at how fresh our salads were. The sauce was so good and the two large meatballs were amazingly good--wish I could make them like that. The wine was good too. The others also enjoyed their meals and we thought it a great find way out there in the little mountain town. I'll probably never have a reason to be traveling up the Kern Canyon Road again but at least I can let others know this was a very good place for a meal.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Santa Barbara, California, United States
“Meatballs Times Two”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

We enjoyed our dinner at "That's Italian" so much that we did take-out from there the next night. The food was delicious both times. I had the spaghetti and meatballs twice. I can't remember ever having such light and tasty meatballs plus the pasta was cooked just right. My husband had the nightly special the first night and the lasagna the second night - both were excellent.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Food is wonderful.I would recommend this restaurant to everyone.its delicious.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

There food tastes just truly amazing. If your ever in Kernville I highly recommend That's Italian for a wonderful dining experience.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Lake Isabella, California
“Perfetto!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

I would consider this place as a perfect dining experience, not only because of the delicious home-made food or the Italian decor, but also because they go out of their way to make sure you're treated like one of the family. Even with a soup or salad, garlic bread, and an amazing made-from-scratch dinner, it's difficult to say no to a perfect dessert! This is definitely a place I hope to return to the next time I visit!

• Visited September 2013