“Good Authentic Mexican food” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 12 restaurants in Kernville
Cuisines: Mexican
Dana Point, California
“Good Authentic Mexican food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

We had lunch on the patio, fast service, nice friendly staff, The food was very good, very teasty. I thought it was a little over priced.

Visited February 2013

60% Recommend
Lancaster, California
“Unexpectedly fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

We go to Kernville a few times a year but in general I stay away from eating Mexican food because I am very picky - I am used to home-made Mexican food. My husband convinced me to try this place for dinner one night and I am so happy I did. The place is nicely decorated, clean with a pleasant atmosphere. The waiter was friendly with good service and helped with menu choices. Apparently all sauces are made/stewed there in the kitchen and they are excellent. I chose a "safe" plate, in other words one that I knew I would like, my husband is more adevnturous, but his was so good we went back the next day for lunch and I ordered that! I have been telling everyone to stop there if in town, and even offended my grandma when I said it was the best Mexican food I've ever had. I stand by that. Try this place.

• Visited March 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Irvine, California
“Not good”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

The food was pretty gross and the service was really slow. I ordered the fajitas and it was really greasy. I wouldn't eat here again.

Visited October 2011
Grangeville, Idaho
“Only average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

I travel ll over the country. Mexican is my favorite kind of food so I know good mexican. This was not it. It was ok, just ok. The salsa was different, but good, but the food very bland and only ok. I had the chicken enchilada and chili rellano. I only ate half of my meal and had the rest for lunch the next day. I never throw out mexican food, but in this case I never finished it (and not because there was too much) and threw the rest out. Not sure what the others ordered who raved about this place but I'd say go somewhere else.

• Visited June 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Nantwich, United Kingdom
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012

Real value for money and the best Mexican food I ever ate, I wish I lived near enough to get take away. Make the effort to go for lunch

Visited April 2012