“Horrible horrible horrible. Did I say how horrible it was” 1 of 5 stars

B&B BBQ
13423 Sierra Way, Kernville, CA
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: Adjacent to (north of) the Kern River Brewing Company. (760) 376-2525
Temple City, California, United States
“Horrible horrible horrible. Did I say how horrible it was”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

The worst service possible
Many other tables were angry
They could not get orders made up correctly

I would starve before going there

RUN as fast as you can

Visited February 2013

“Won't be back”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Been there twice before and it wasn't so bad. Came on a busy weekend after 8, they're out of hamburgers. Waited too long to be helped. It was freezing in there. I ordered the tri-tip which it was dry. My husband got BBQ chicken, it was ok. The beans were just old, disgusting, looked like dog food. Didn't get checked once by our waiter/cook.
I would not recommend.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Irvine, California
“Awful”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

I wouldn't send my worst enemy here. The food was gross. The service was terrible and the place was filthy

Visited October 2011
Riverside, California
“Good food - Thanks for staying open.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

Food was good. We got there with a party of 7 just as they were closing. They happily served us! I say "they" - it was actually one guy who ended up being the cook, waiter and bottle washer. And he had to be back the next morning to open the place up! Now that's customer service!

Visited August 2012
California
“An odd experience, but the pork was good.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

I went here for lunch, and had a very good pulled-pork salad, with ranch dressing. Other meats on the menu were also said to be slow-cooked for a very long time. A side order of beans, however, was rather gummy (that is, stuck together with no noticeable beaniness) and were redolent of freshly ground pepper—not a flagrantly bad flavor, but noticeable anyway. Nevertheless, I ate them all because I was hungry, and really they were tasty in a thick sort of way. The waitress was nice, but the software made a mistake and gave me a CREDIT instead of charging me. Nice! But she called the owner by phone to come in and correct it. I'm sure that won't happen to you. The restaurant has a faux rustic atmosphere, with a view of the parking lot and some nice mountains in the distance. Y'know—don't stay away on my account; you might just like it.

• Visited May 2012