“Perfect in all Aspects” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Coppell, Texas, United States
“Perfect in all Aspects”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

This Boutique Hotel was everything advertised. My wife and I stayed at the Hotel 2 nights. We did not see any children so I assume it is adult only. With a Tranquil setting we had room overlooking the pool, opened the windows and patio door to listen to the sound of a waterfall flowing into the pool. The cool weather was a plus coming from Texas. We enjoyed the complementary Breakfast in the courtyard once and bed in breakfast the second day. No TV in the rooms and No need for them. The main hot tub is huge in awesome setting. Great wine bar on property. Enjoyed the property immensely and the local winery's close by. We will be back

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

So worth it! When you see the room rate, you wonder if it is that amazing... It is.

First the service. The service is impeccable and friendly at the same time.

The food is amazing. We ate dinner and breakfast here. Omg the breakfast is included in the room rate and it's totally five star.

The wines. So wonderful. The little wine bar is so intimate.

The rooms. Omg. We were in room 23. The big wonderful bed is outfitted in Frette linens! Best sleep of my life. The travertine dipped bathroom has the hugest tub and shower. Caudalie toiletries? Yes, please. My only beef? No TV! But you drink wine all day then eat a big old steak for dinner and go straight to sleep.

The wedding we attended here was perfection down to the last drop. I'll be back! I'll just need to sneak in my own tv. ;)

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Manhattan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

The staff is wonderful. I attended a close friend's wedding at Kenwood and it felt like I was in Tuscany, Italy. The only glitch was my check in was delayed by about one hour and because I arrived early this means I had to wait in the lobby and mill around for a while! Also don't expect good cellphone service. Connect to their Wi-Fi for good but sometimes spotty reception.

Bottom line: Come here to disconnect from the rest of the world and recover! Don't expect to find TVs in your room. Come to relax!

Room Tip: Ask for room #21! It has the best views on the property and a shower and bathroom big enough to fit...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Healdsburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

The Kenwood Inn and Spa is one of the most beautiful and accommodating properties in all of wine country. I've never had a stay quite like this anywhere else. Not one issue with the stay. All of my expectation were exceeded. If you ever get the opportunity, it'll be the experience of a lifetime.

Room Tip: Stay in room 24 if you can!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

It was our first time to the Sonoma Region and WOW! From the moment you arrive you are kindly greeted and feel like a part of the family. Christina, Colin, Kingsley, Eric and Tyler get special mentions as they were always there with a smile and a friendly suggestion. We stayed in room 21 and the views were spectacular. Loved wine tasting at vineyards all day and coming back to the relaxing pool and hot tubs. Massages were fabulous! Breakfast and dinner in the garden were perfect! Can't wait to go back back and visit again.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Stayed there for only two nights but wish it was more. The room was beautiful! Staff went beyond to make our stay perfect. Ate outside at private restaurant - only for hotel guests and friends. Stay in the large suite overlooking pool and vineyards. A must.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

This would be a 4 star review at $199/night or less, but given rooms here range $~500-~$1000/night...

After thoroughly researching accommodations on Trip Advisor, Yelp, etc, I decided on the Kenwood Inn and Spa for my wife's birthday. I had visited the Inn previously for a wedding and because of that experience, thought it would be perfect. It was to be a short trip, two nights, along with a couples massage treatment. Directly after booking I received various confirmation emails and a phone call from the Inn detailing our upcoming stay. Very attentive, this gave me the impression that the service was going to be stellar. When we arrived, the concierge was very gracious and professional, check in was quick, and we were in our room, #2, in less than 15 minutes. They had placed some nice chocolates and a bottle of bubbly on ice in our room in honor of my wife's birthday. Nice touch, and thank you. So far so good...

CLEANLINESS: A little bit later on, my wife noticed that the toilet had not been cleaned 'at all' after the previous guests' departure. There were poop stains. That is disgusting. We have stayed in every caliber of place from cheap European B&Bs to 5 star properties, domestically and internationally, and have never, ever, seen this, not even at the most inexpensive highway motel. When we went down to dinner, I went to the front desk to ask them to address our bathroom but there was no one there. I waited about ten minutes and then decided to come back later, as my wife was now sitting alone at the dinner table. I went back later and told the rep about the issue and I was assured they would take care of it. It wouldn't have been a big deal if this was a gas station, but it's not. By the time we got back to our room, the issue had been addressed. Thank you.

NOISE/ROOM TEMPERATURE: Upon going to bed, we noticed that the hvac had an issue with the fan in the bathroom, whereby it could not be turned off, and it was blowing cold air. There was also something inside the hvac register in the main room that was creating a chirping sound throughout the night, which was disturbing and not conducive to a good night's sleep. The next morning, my wife called to ask how to shut off the hvac (because the obvious way, using the thermostat, wasn't working) and was told that our room and the one below us had some problems with the hvac system and there was no solution, but they would be remodeling soon and then the issue would be repaired. Really? The next night my wife asked for a pair of ear plugs.

BREAKFAST: We thought the breakfast had a good variety of self-serve items, and a good menu, which was unfortunately paired with a seemingly incompetent kitchen staff. The kitchen service was very slow, and in my opinion they shouldn't offer eggs at all, because they have no idea how to cook eggs. My wife ordered eggs over medium, which arrived sunny-side down, and her crispy bacon arrived almost rare. The problem was fixed, albeit very slowly (not the server's fault, she was great). The following day, I ordered the eggs benedict, which was perfect the first day, but this time the poached eggs arrived hard boiled. Even the server was appalled. Portion sizes for breakfast were just right if not a bit large. The coffee, granola, juices, and smoothies were excellent. Make your own mimosas included too!

DINNER: Let me start out by saying that our server, Kyle, was great. Very friendly, attentive, and knowledgeable. As far as the actual food, the main courses are really small and they don't offer ala carte side dishes to help fill you. They do bring you some fresh bread, which is very tasty with the delicious local olive oil served with it, but I recommend ordering a salad - they are of a normal size and tasty. The waiter took my knife with my salad plate and never replaced it. I was concerned not having a knife because I had ordered the pork loin, but it arrived so tender that there was no knife necessary, it cut easily with a fork, and it was juicy and delicious. There were a few potatoes and carrots, but not much to fill you. My wife ordered the chicken piccatta, which had a few ribbons of pasta and 3 pieces of artichoke served with it, the latter of which amounted to about one full bite, and were so stringy and chewy they were barely edible. So, even after sharing a dessert(equally small), my wife was still hungry and ate snacks in the room later. Now, we're not buffet-eating, stuff-to-the-gills people, but these portions lacked some substance.

SPA: GREAT massages in the huge, breezy (but not too much) spa terrace, however, we arrived slightly early and there was no one in the reception area to offer any kind of direction, water, etc. My wife did call the front desk and was told someone was on their way just as the therapists walked in. Our therapists were clearly professionals and the massages were certainly one of the highlights of our overall experience.

THE GOOD PARTS: Now, this may sound like a lot of complaining, but the point is this is not a Motel 6 where you'd let a lot of the above items "go" and not think too much about it. You don't expect to have to deal with any of these things at a property of this caliber and price. But, there are some good parts to this property - the pool and large hot tub are great, there are plenty of chairs and shade or sun. There's drinking water, sunscreen, magazines and towels. You can order food & drinks, although sometimes you have to call as it was not always tended. The look of the property IS amazing, rustic, a lot of character and a peaceful setting. The rooms are spacious, our balcony was one of the best we've enjoyed to date. The feather beds were really comfortable even though the down comforter was a bit overwhelming for summer use and the sheet alone too cool... Parking is not an issue. It's an 18 and over place, so no loud kids. The staff is all really friendly, gracious and accommodating and we did really have a relaxing couple of days.

Next time we're in the area, we will try a different property. While overall we enjoyed ourselves, we really feel that given the price point and image the facility attempts to present, it comes up short.

Room Tip: #2 has a pretty private, large balcony that has a plant secluded pool view, with a very pool-conveni...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
GMKIS, General Manager at Kenwood Inn and Spa, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Dear Michele

I am delighted to hear you found our anticipatory service to be up to your standards. The Kenwood Inn & Spa strives to ensure that our guests feel that their needs and requests are catered to at all turns. In such regards, please accept my apologies that your experience fell short of your expectations.

We are very proud of our accommodations given their authentic Italian appearance and as such we work diligently to ensure our rooms are thoroughly cleaned. We are aware of the fact that our air conditioning units in your room are outdated, which is why we are installing an entirely new system that will feature a seamless user interface and temperature readout to negate the issues you experienced. I am sorry that you were one of the last guests to experience this antiquated system. I would be delighted to speak with you in regards to your experience with us.

My sincerest wish is that you return to us so that we might personally ensure your experience is one which will be forever remembered fondly.

Heike Pacchetti
Kenwood Inn & Spa
~~~~

Been to Kenwood Inn and Spa? Share your experiences!