“WOW! Flawless and spectacular” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fern Creek Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in June Lake
Fern Creek Lodge
4628 Hwy 158, PO Box 174, June Lake, CA 93529   |
Granite Bay, California
“WOW! Flawless and spectacular”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

My girlfriend and I have been hiking buddies for 40 years. We decided to "wing it" for lodging and were extremely delighted with Fern Creek Lodge personnel and accommodations. The location is spectacular, the grounds quiet and beautiful. (could not hear any road noise). We stayed in Heartree, actually a 4 bedroom/2 bath with fully stocked kitchen, huge living/dining room with fireplace. We originally planned on staying only 1 night, but because of the spectacular location and hiking trails nearby (and price) we ended up staying all 3 nights. Can't wait to bring my husband here in the fall.

Room Tip: Heartree has a full size refrigerator, microwave, dishes, silverware etc.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends

29 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Sparks, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2011

Highly recommended. If you are looking for fun, awesome people, majestic views right outside your cabin - post card beautiful... Fern Creek Lodge is it. Reasonable rate for our cabins. (Many different cabin sizes and prices).

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Southern California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2011

This hotel is definitely very quaint and rustic. We stayed at DeNoon, which is the cabin for 2, with a queen sized bed. The cabin looked like it was built about 40 years ago. However, it was clean. The kitchen area was large and there was a stove and fridge and microwave in the unit. There were 2 space heaters, which worked very well. The bed was very comfy. The bathroom is very small. Definitely reminded us of the good old days when we would go camping as kids. While we were there, it snowed for almost 2 days in a row. Thankfully the staff shoveled our walkway and around our truck so we could get in and out. Our TV remote didn't work and we ended up having to get a universal remote from the general store so we had a remote.

This was a cute little cabin and definitely a good deal for the price.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Lake Havasu City, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2010

We have been going to June Lake for as long as I can remember and this had to be the worst time ever. We love it up there the scenery the fishing are wonderful, next time though I will look for somewhere else to stay. The cabin we rented was the John Muir it cost us $200 a night, after a long day of fishing and exploring the sierras you like to go back somewhere to relax well this cabin was not it. I think the furniture in this cabin is as old as the cabin, the sleeper couch sunk in so bad it was hard to sit on I could not even imagine sleeping on it, There is a rocker recliner that looks so trashy I think it might have belonged to John Muir himself. I could not sit in it longer then 10 minutes without getting a backache. The kitchen chairs are so flimsy the are ready to collapse on someone. The thermostat wasn't even connected it was sitting on a shelf. The sub-floor creaks so bad you cant sleep if someone is up walking around. Me and my wife were sitting in the center court yard barbecuing and we could hear my dad walking around in the cabin. All the mattresses in the place could stand to be updated also. We were so uncomfortable that we could not stay for the full four days, we left on the third day. I was so disappointed it has been ten years since I was up there and this place took all the fun out of it, when I asked if they would reimburse us for the last day the owner said only if she could rent it for that day, well we left early Saturday how will we know if she ever rented for that day? I'm sure she kept my $200. Sorry but I would send my worst enemy there.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
RobinHart, Owner at Fern Creek Lodge, responded to this review, May 28, 2011
I am sorry that your visit was less than what you expected.
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2010

My brothers and I were on a motorcycle trip and were fortunate enough to come across this gem of a lodge in our travels. The views are great, the rooms are absolutely charming, and most of all the people that own and run the establishment are truly wonderful. Our room looked out at the majestic granite peaks and to the rear of the property you have national forest land. They have a great store that should meet all of your grocery and fishing needs, and I really can't say enough about how well we were taken care of during our stay. I travel a lot, and this is the first time I have ever taken the time to write a review. I will be taking my family and freinds to the Fern Creek Lodge for years to come after my stay there.

• Stayed June 2010
Ventura, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2010

I've stayed with friends at this lodge every year for a decade, and it is the highlight of my year! The location is fantastic, central to anywhere you'd want to visit to do some world-class trout fishing.

The management is like family, and the cabin we stay in, "The Dutch Lady" holds many wonderful memories. It's a good, clean place to wind down after a long day of outdoor activity. I know this sounds trivial, but all the utilities - plumbing, heat, etc - always work flawlessly, which can not always be said for other cabins I've stayed in.

I literally expect to be returning here for the next 40 years.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2008

My husband and I wanted our first Christmas together to be a "white" one, in a small, cosy cabin, with a kitchen where I could cook up a storm and where we'd have a lovely view of the snow and possibly mountains. We also wanted a place that was relaxed, friendly and unpretentious.
My initial contact with management was very positive - helpful, realistic and efficient. Email concerning conditions etc was promptly sent and contained everything we needed to know.

Our experience was positive from beginning to end. We stayed in Denoon cottage and it was exactly as was described by management. Just big enough for two people; very well equipped kitchen with small dining table, separate bathroom/toilet and space heaters for more than adequate warmth. It was certainly rustic and was clearly a much older property but to me the cost was definitely commensurate with the condition of the cabin.

Some unexpected bonuses were that the queen sized bed was very comfortable, the linen in good condition and nice quality towels etc laid out in the bathroom. Also we came in late in the evening and a welcome note was left on the front door of the reception building with directions to Denoon. On arrival, the lights and heaters were already on - a lovely, welcoming touch after a longish journey.

The next day we checked in formally with "Art' who was a delight - helpful, knowledgeable and friendly. He also checked us out at the end and was keen to know if we'd enjoyed ourselves.

Another bonus was Christmas morning after a very heavy snowfall the night before, the snowplow belonging to the lodge worked overtime to keep the roadways and driveways clear. Also the lovely maid who serviced our cabin the first morning doubled up as the snow shoveller on Christmas Day, keeping our path from the front door to the car clear.

There were quite a few families with young children staying in the other cabins and it contributed to the friendly, happy, home-like feeling of the property. A number of us ended up tobogganing down the driveway which was another highlight.

A very positive experience indeed. Thank you, Fern Creek Lodge!

• Liked — The friendliness, warmth, laid-back feel of the place and location was superb.
  • Disliked — The kitchen faucets were working well - frozen pipes.
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Fern Creek Lodge? Share your experiences!