“Remember you are in the Mountains... Know what you are getting into” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Four Seasons

Save Saved
You added Four Seasons to your Saves list
Four Seasons
Four Seasons
Hwy 158 and Iowa Street, June Lake, CA 93529   |
San Francisco, California
“Remember you are in the Mountains... Know what you are getting into”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

I've been going to June Lake on family trips since I was 8. This year we decided to try a different place than the norm. I always remember driving by the A Frames at Four Seasons and wanting to stay there. I should have read the reviews first.

To be fair, we ended up finding a new place, so we didn't actually stay, so I won't go into much detail.But make sure you know what you are getting into before booking. Ask what is/isn't working especially the heater/stove. Also, make sure the full kitchen is indeed a full kitchen. Ask LOTS of questions.

Sadly this place has been for sale since the original owner died a few years back and his wife took over. However, It's my opinion that the upkeep has more than fallen behind due to the current owner not wanting to put any more money into it, not even for basic repairs or cleaning.

It's a bummer as this place has a lot of potential and is in a great spot and from what I understand used to be quite a charming place to stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

12 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

I just spent the most wonderful week in June Lake. The setting is magnificent. The cabin was perfect, rustic and down to earth. It was a great place to get back in touch with nature. I will be planning another vacation for the same place next year. Kudos to the owner.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Kusadasi, Turkey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

My family and I stayed for three weeks in cabin 5 at the Four Seasons in June Lake. It was the best therapy for all of us. The sound of water rushing through a creek bed lullabyed us to sleep at night, and the songs of birds woke us in the morning. The views from the cabin were beautiful. A wonderful memory.

Room Tip: Number 5 will always be my favorite.
Seal Beach, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

My husband and I stayed here on July 25, 26 and 27, 2013. After we had booked the trip I was concerned about a review that was posted subsequently stating that the cabin was unclean so I called the owner and she immediately reassured me that she keeps the cabins very clean. We stayed in cabin #2. We were pleasantly Suprised that every part of the cabin was very clean. No bugs in the bed and it was pretty comfortable. No grease anywhere as a previous poster wrote. The owner was extremely friendly and a pleasure to talk with. We really enjoyed the back deck view overlooking the mountain. Cabins are offset so you have privacy on the back deck and hear the sounds of a wonderful creek nearby. Great for sipping coffee in the mornings and wine in the evenings after our long hikes. Love the glass wall from floor to ceiling which provide a great view of the deck and mountain. We saw deer in the mornings and even a bear cruise by our cabin at night while watching the tv. No mold on our shower curtains, no bugs, no grease. Stove didnt work but the burners did. We knew this in advance and planned our meals accordingly. As far as the 19 inch tv this wasn't a concern for us. We stayed here because we wanted to be in a cabin with an amazing view of mountain which no other place in the area has such a view as this. Maybe it comes down to expectations. This is not the Four Seasons Hotel. This is a cabin that offers the whole nature and wildlife experience. We are going to come back here every year. I recommend end staying here unless you are looking for 4 or 5 star hotel which really isn't what June lake is about.

Room Tip: We stayed in cabin #2. All of the cabins have great views.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Brussels
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

We have spent 3 nights in one of the A-type cabins of the Four Seasons at June Lake, treating it as a camping/sleeping location for trips to Yosemite, Bodie, Mono Lake and other local attractions.

The good :
1. location - quiet, with a great view through the glass wall of the cabin, close to June Lake if you want to go swimming, sit on the beach and relax. Really the strong point.
2. the cabins - as long as you remember that you will be camping, there is plenty of space in a cabin, with two floors available. Beds are not very comfortable, cooking space is limited and bathrooms could be nicer - but, remember - you are camping in the countryside and for the camping conditions - it is better than average.
3. the owner was very polite and friendly, provided us a lot of information on local attractions.

The not so good :
1. no airco - it was just hot and difficult to fall asleep.
2. cooking plate didn't work, although that wasn't an issue for us as we were eating out, or preparing simple meals on provided replacement electric cooking plate.

I would definitely recommend, but only if you are a camper or person who puts nature and location before lodging. Remember - these are countryside cabins, so make sure your expectations are not set towards a 5 star hotel :-). I would definitely go there again if I was to revisit the area.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

for huge sum of money we paid we expected good mattresses and clean rooms. To be frank what we realized entering the cabin was, it was very very old. mattress must be from 1990s era. Cabin was dirty bed sheets were dusty, I am not exaggerating my experience, all my family members kept awake all night as skin started to itch what ever portion was exposed to the bedsheets or rugs. The excuse offered by the owner was, the ceiling of the cabin was recently changed and all the hammering on the ceiling left lot of dust in the cabin. If that was the case why didn't she clean it before we checked in? wasn't it their responsibility to keep it clean before renting it ? We were utterly dissatisfied, though we were shown other cabins, mattress condition was same, bathroom are dirty, it felt like nobody used those cabins for years. It smells like garage. luckily we took a refund and moved to a nearby motel offering a much better and cleaner cabins. Seriously four seasons ruined our picnic spirit. the owner was very rude. I am writing my true experience. These cabins are not well maintained. they may be cleaning the cabin after someone checkout and never clean them before giving out the room to new people.

Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2011

The Four Seasons includes five A-frame cabins, with the back a glass wall that looks out onto the national forest. We looked at a lot of other places while we were up there, and this was by far the nicest for the price. The location in June Lake Loop is beautiful, the view is amazing, and the owner is a lovely person. The place is for sale though, so the owner may change soon.

We saw deer grazing out our back door in the morning, and we got to listen to a waterfall. The cabins are just a few minutes from the town of June Lake and several beautiful lakes. The town has a couple of restaurants, bars, and a small market, but Mammoth Lake is nearby with lots of restaurants and shopping.

The cabins were built in 1966, and most of the furniture and fixtures appear to be original, including the beds unfortunately. So it's not fancy, but it does have everything you need, including a kitchenette, a good shower, and a nice wood stove. We will stay her again if we get the chance.

Room Tip: Cabins 1-4 have the best view.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Four Seasons? Share your experiences!