“Even better the second time around!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Julian Gold Rush Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Julian
Julian Gold Rush Hotel
You added Julian Gold Rush Hotel to your Saves list
2032 Main St., Julian, CA 92036   |
Ranked #5 of 15 Julian B&B and Inns
“Even better the second time around!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

Less than four months ago, I stayed at this quaint B&B with my mom. We had such a wonderful experience that we decided we had to come back. We were able to reserve the room of our choice - # 3. It is located on a corner so you get to enjoy two views. The second visit was just as great as our first one. Lisa and Karen are such fabulous hosts. They are so welcoming and friendly. I just love how relaxing being in this B&B makes you feel. The rooms are so cozy and the sitting rooms are so open and inviting. Make sure that you plan when you arrive so you can take advantage of the afternoon tea served between 5 - 6 pm. The cider is not to be missed. Delicious homemade treats await. Also, make sure that you do not miss the full spread of a hot breakfast every morning served between 8 - 9 am. The afternoon tea and morning breakfast is included with the price of your room so you definitely gets your money's worth. I would highly recommend this great B&B. Can't wait to return again.

Room Tip: Take a look at all of the open rooms and find one that speaks to you. They all have a slightly diff...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Radne H, Manager at Julian Gold Rush Hotel, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
So glad to hear you returned for another visit. We love our return guests! I will pass the nice compliment onto Lisa and Karin. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed the breakfast and tea time so much. Also, yes if you have a specific room you would like to request we will set it aside just for you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Scottsdale, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

Hands down, this was one of the best places I've ever stayed. The historic charm coupled with the incredibly kind staff makes it a place I can not wait to visit again and one that I would recommend to anyone who loves a trip back in time. My boyfriend and I had a lovely two night stay, we played board games and read books in the parlor, and we absolutely loved the building. The rooms are small but that's because this isn't Best Western...it's a historic building. The breakfast was delicious. Granola for the first course was so good and the french toast was superb. The best part about it...quiet. We both turned our cell phones off and loved not having a TV or computer to connect us to the "real world" for a couple days. The room was spotless clean and the bed was warm and comfortable. We were blessed with A LOT of snow for our trip so the ambience was surreal and we loved curling up in the warm bed. Our stay was PERFECT and I hope yours will be as well! Thank you, Gold Rush!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Glad to hear you had a wonderful time here at the Hotel. Yes, its always nice to have snow to make the experience even better. For those interested in larger rooms you are correct we have First Floor Rooms, and Two Cottages. Thank you for the kind review. Hope to see you in the future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for our mini-honeymoon, the 1 day we actually left town. The hotel is a historic building and there is plenty of historical documentation to peruse over during the afternoon tea they serve. The rooms are quaint and sweet, feels like you've stepped back in time. They also have a private cottage in the back. Their breakfast is quite nice and plentiful, we had the eggs Florentine, yogurt, and lots of choices in teas, coffee and juice. If you are desiring to get away and step out of the norm and slow down, this is a nice place to do this.

Room Tip: We stayed upstairs and to the left and heard nothing but the hotel wasn't full. I
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
We are very happy you decided to stay with us on such a special occasion. Hope to have you back for an anniversary.
Holtville, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

If you would like to enhance your experience in the quaint little town of Julian, Ca., book a stay at the Julian Gold Rush Hotel. Time is suspended as you cross the threshold into a lovely, Victorian style parlor to register. Minus public telephones, flat screen TVs and a noisy lobby, the only sound preventing you from focusing on the ringing of your ears is a faint wafting of music coming from the dining area, where tea is served every day at 5:00 pm and a freshly made breakfast awaits you in the morning. Each room is uniquely decorated and, combined with the comfortable bedding, leads to a very quiet and sound sleep. To say more would attempt to evaluate your own personal experience. But, chances are, your first visit will cause you to look forward to your next!

Room Tip: The staff is very helpful. Sometimes you can even view the rooms before you choose. The main buildin...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
We are pleased to hear you had such an enjoyable experience at the Julian Hotel. We look forward to seeing you in the future.
Brawley, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

I loved my stay at the Julian Gold Rush Bed & Breakfast so much that I really didn't want to leave! The staff was wonderful, the food was great, and to rooms were adorable,cozy, and quaint.

Stepping into the hotel was like stepping back in time. When I arrived, I rang the bell for the innkeeper to let me in and I waited patiently on the porch as the crisp autumn air was nipping at my nose, clouds were gathering for a storm. Elizabeth, as she introduced herself, greeted me with a warm smile and invited me in. The lobby was decorated for a Victorian Christmas and warm, an old-fashioned stove was burning. At check in, I was asked which room I wanted, I asked Elizabeth to choose for me as I wouldn't never be able to decide.

The room was quite tiny by modern standards, a Victorian era hotel room with a double bed squeezed in, but I was stepping into history. The important thing, though, it the room was beautiful, the water was hot, the linens were clean, and the bathroom was private (not something offered at all the local lodging).

Breakfast each morning was delicious! The parlor was a seat-yourself affair and a member of the staff brought a bowl of cereal and orange juice and informed me what was being served. Thursday morning was french toast topped with Julian apples and a side of fresh fruit; Friday morning brought eggs florentine, yogurt with berries, fresh fruit, and wedge of toast with sweet butter. A hearty meal to fuel the engines for exploring Julian and the surrounding areas.

Tea was served at 5pm in the parlor. Tea, coffee, hot cider, and various cakes were set out on the serving table, and on each table were games. I didn't get to stay for the festivities, I had dinner plans with friends, but the food was yummy!

I will definitely be going back to the Gold Rush Hotel any chance I get!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Fountain Valley
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

the BnB is quaint, extremely clean, tastefully decorated. The location is perfect for walking to all the many things to see/do/shop in Julian. Our first trip to Julian, a two and a half hour drive from Orange County... we LOVED it. WHEN we go back, we will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Our room was at the end, facing Main St., a bit small, but quite cozy!!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Novato, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

Our third visit to the Julian Hotel was spectacular! Upon arrival we couldn't wait to choose which room to spend the night, each has its own special decor and we love them all. Afternoon tea and an evening game of Clue with longtime friends in the parlor made for a special day. In the morning we enjoyed the homemade granola and Eggs Florentine. After breakfast we toured all the Julian bakeries in search of the perfect apple pie. Yum! We will be returning for our fourth visit soon!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Julian Gold Rush Hotel? Share your experiences!