“Couldn't be happier!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Butterfield Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Julian
Butterfield Bed and Breakfast
You added Butterfield Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
2284 Sunset Dr, P.O. Box 1115, Julian, CA 92036   |
Ranked #4 of 15 Julian B&B and Inns
Las Vegas, NV
“Couldn't be happier!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2006

I wanted to find the perfect place to surprise my husband for his 50th birthday and I couldn't have been happier than I was with the Butterfield B&B. Dawn and Ed not only went out of their way to be personable, but also supply a myriad of little extras that show their thoughtfulness. The gourmet breakfast is outstanding and they are well prepared for the varied guest's special requests due to dietary constraints (from soy milk to vegetarian breakfast meat requests). We had the wonderful Rosebud Cottage and I highly recommend it. We loved visiting downtown Julian and even took a lovely horse and carriage ride; however, it was hard to pry us from the comfort and pleasantness of our little cottage. The private patio was nice, but only a part of the lovely outdoor surroundings that boasted gardens, a fountain and benches. Also, you can forget about needing an overcrowded gym for exercise, since the mountainous setting provides a great avenue for an exhilarating morning hike. From Las Vegas, it took us 6 hours, which we initially thought was a little too far. It provided my husband and I an oasis away from the desert and found it was worth the drive. However, next time we will make it a three nights stay. There is so much more to brag about, but why not try it out for yourself instead? I hope you enjoy it as much as my husband and I did!

• Stayed February 2006

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2006

We were looking for a relaxing get-away to celebrate our Anniversary. We found the perfect place in the Butterfield B&B in Julian, California. Hosts Ed and Dawn were gracious, friendly, informative and great cooks! We really enjoyed the roaring fire in the fireplace along with fresh baked cookies each evening when we returned from dinner. Their always-open back porch pantry was wonderful for snacks or a warm cup of tea, chocolate or coffee.

The decor was outstanding with no detail left out. For ultimate charm, relaxing surroundings, friendly atmosphere, we would definately recommend the Butterfield. We plan to return and try out one of the other delightful rooms - maybe try out all of them!

San Diego, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2006

My husband and I stayed in the Black Oak Cabin from Jan 20th-Jan 23rd. He had given me this as a Christmas present, we went up there for our 8 month anniversary of being married. We fell in love with this cabin!! Everything was wonderful and felt like a home away from home. We loved the woodburning stove and the cabin was delightful. The detail in every room looks exactly as it does when you check out the website. We loved the cabin so much we extended out our stay and booked another night because we didn't want to leave, it was so magical, and felt like home. The only bad thing was the bed in bedroom was too hard for me, so I ended up sleeping on the sleeper sofa and the mattress had some dips in it, it was much more comfortable than the other bed but should be replaced. Otherwise that everything was great and Ed & Dawn were great, very friendly and brought us the additional things we needed when we decided to stay extra night. We will definitely be back!!!!

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2006

My Partner and I were the fortunate guests of Ed and Dawn at the Butterfield B & B. We are already planning our next trip back.

We were graciously greeted once we arrived and warmly treated our entire weekend there. Breakfast was surprising and delicious and immaculately prepared. Much detail was taken to provide high quality enriching meal.

The feathernest room was pleasant and relaxing. Ed's gingerbread cookies were to die for. A week later, I can still imagine the heavenly taste in my mouth.

Butterfields, is the perfect place for a getaway from city life, and we left feeling recharged.

La Mirada, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2006

My husband and I stayed at the Butterfield B&B on Jan. 20-22, in the Stanza Italia Room. The room was comfy and inviting. The bed linens were extra soft and the bed was just as comfortable. I appreciated the extra touches Dawn puts into each room: body lotion and French milled soap, robes and soft towels. We came to relax and decompress from the holidays. We wish we could move in. Ed and Dawn are excellent innkeepers. Breakfast was delicious. My husband and I loved the poached pears! Ed and Dawn made us feel like we were visiting with friends.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2006

I confess to reading the reviews regarding the room we stayed in "Stanza Italia" and while the bed LOOKS lumpy it is really quite comfortable, and this is from a person who is used to a high-end double pillow top mattress. Honestly, the bed was wonderful and the dreamy linens along with the antique quaintness of the room really made this an experience worth going back a second time. And a third!!!
The inn-keepers were charming and very hospitable, and the other guests were interesting people. We had a very lively discussion at breakfast (delicious food, by the way!) and enjoyed experiencing the other guests views of the bed and breakfast.
I would not hesitate to highly recommend this romantic getaway to all my friends and family!!!

San Diego, Ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2006

We stayed at the Butterfield January 13-15, 2006. This was our first stay at a bed and breakfast and we had the best time. First, we arrived later than their normal check in time, and were warmly welcomed. We stayed in the Stanza Italia room, and we loved it. (Do not believe the the other review about the musty smell, it is nowhere to be found) The room was very warm and inviting and had everything that you could need. It was a very cool weekend when we were there so the fireplace was great. The owners Dawn and Ed were great, very nice and great conversation. The breakfast in the morning was delicious, my boyfriend can not stop talking about the french toast. I would highly recommend this to anyone who loves Julian and wants to stay in a relaxing "home away from home" enviroment

• Stayed January 2006

Been to Butterfield Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!