“Nice location, poor: value, decor, smell, parking, great story (must have sense of humor)” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Tucker Peak Lodge

Tucker Peak Lodge
You added Tucker Peak Lodge to your Saves list
Tucker Peak Lodge
2.5 of 5 Guest house   |   3975 Eagle Peak Road, Julian, CA 92036   |
Ranked #8 of 15 Julian B&B and Inns
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2010 via mobile

My fiancee and I decided on a weekend get away. We are fairly big on wine tasting and decided to stay in Julian. While we planned the get away last minute we expected more for our one night stay at $160 inc. Tax. We were told over the phone there was a restaurant open onsite til 10pm.

When we arrived, there were several cars atop the hill and no place to park; very poorly managed space. The lobby with the pool table was unavailable (and we were not told in advance of this). Room was musty smelling. Mattress was uncomfortable.

Recommendations:
1. Update hideous flower, bear, holly hobby decor.
2. Update website with current info.
3. Remove towels that smell like cigarette smoke.
4. Buy a new mattress.
5. Improve customer service. (Esp. For that room price! - if you charge $70 a night then fine)

The view was gorgeous and this location has potential, but in the meantime we do not recommend it. Sorry to the funny innkeeper lady who was helpful.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2009

We went to Julian, california for 1 night to attend a wedding. That weekend was particularly busy, and with most of the bed and breakfast places requiring a 2 night minimum stay, we were happy that we found Tucker Peak Lodge for 1 night stay in their Tranquility suite for $215 (without tax). What I like about the property is that the host was friendly. The location of the lodge was on a hill with a great view of the surrounding park. Our room had a fire place and jacuzzi and was spacious in size with a children's playroom.
There are, however, many aspect of the lodge that I had issues with. When we first entered our room, it was freezing cold and with one window heating unit, it took hours for us to warm up, even with us desperately trying to start a fire in the fire place. The jacuzzi was large and beautiful, however, we did not use it because the lodge did not have enough hot water to even fill the tub half way. I ended up taking a barely lukewarm shower. I also have some issues with the sanitation of the room: first of all, the shower came with regular size bottles of shampoo and soap that were used by previous guests as well as a shower loofa that had been used. There were a couple of small sized soap bottles from other hotels in the shower as well. I was happy that I brought my own soap and shampoo. Secondly, when we were sleeping in the bed, the comforter smelled like it has not been washed in awhile, very musky. The breakfast was really disappointing considering the rave reviews I read about other bed and breakfasts. It was cereal, stale pastries bought from the market, coffee, and juice. Overall, I expected more from a place where I spent close to 250 dollars for a night.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Tucker Peak Lodge? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Tucker Peak Lodge

Address: 3975 Eagle Peak Road, Julian, CA 92036
Location: United States > California > Julian
Free Parking
Ranked #8 of 15 B&Bs / Inns in Julian
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Tucker Peak Lodge 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Venere, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Tucker Peak Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Tucker Peak Hotel Julian

If you own or manage Tucker Peak Lodge, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.