“Great Falls” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 16 Attractions in Julian
Type: Waterfalls, Outdoors
Activities: Hiking
More attraction details
Owner description: Springtime-only waterfalls fed by melting winter snow.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
San Diego
“Great Falls”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2008

Have been to Cedar Creek Falls 3 times this Spring. Lots of water comming over the Falls and in the pool below. Above the Falls, there are great rocks to lay out on and pools of water to refresh in.

san diego
“dried up”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2007

i love cedar creek falls; however, today i took 4 people with me that have never seen it and by the time we got there the falls was dried up and looked like a pond..... very disappointing. hopefully we can try this next year!

san diego
“Hiking with my family”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2007

This photo was taken May of 06. My brothers and I hiked down to the falls. It was absolutely gorgeous. The hike took about 1.5hrs from the parking site to the falls. The pool below the falls where this picture was taken is beautiful. The water temp was chilly but we were still able to go swimming! It was a very scenic and adventurous hike.

Milton, New Hampshire
“Fondest memories”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2005

I remember a weekend in April 1978. I was on a three day pass from MCAS Yuma AZ, and myself and two friends spent a weekend camping at the falls. I have always held that weekend as one of my fondest memories.We hiked from downtown Julian to the falls through beautiful farmland and hills. Down a dirt road through a canyon to the bottom and was awe
struck. The pool was an unexpected find as we had no idea where in the world we were, other than just hiking through some nice scenery.
To hear of the fire, and its spoiling after effect made me sick. I am glad to hear it will recover as I approach my fifties I would love to return. I currently live in NH so it's not exactly a day trip, but well worth planning for the future.
I never had my film developed from that hike and wish I had the pictures to share with you all. perhaps someone would be so kind. It would mean alot to see a before and after, or any at all.

A TripAdvisor Member
“Great Day Hike”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2005

I went there on July 8th, 2005 and it was excellant. At saddleback we had a notion that the trail went left, but in fact it was to the right. So we went on a mile "warmup" before starting the hike. It is very important to bring lots of water, especially in the summertime. I brought 4 liters but had to give some to my friends. The hike down is a very easy 1.5/2 miles. The falls were very impressive that was the first time iv'e been down there. The pool was anywhere from 4 feet to at least 10 feet. There were plenty of rocks to jump off, but of course thats "illegal". A few hours after we left I guess that guy went missing, he tunring up the next day drowned. Hopefully they don't try to close it or anything like that. Overall the trip was great.

Been to Cedar Creek Falls? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Cedar Creek Falls, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.