“Honeymoon getaway” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Wikiup Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Julian
Wikiup Bed and Breakfast
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Escondido, California
“Honeymoon getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

My husband and I spent our honeymoon in the ShadyLady room, it was awesome! Linda was very welcoming and enjoyable to visit with, so were their pets. Private hot tub, great breakfasts, quiet setting, a great way to get away, wish we could have stayed longer! We will definitely be back!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

As soon as we talked on the property, we felt like we were entering a different world. Linda is one of the warmest, most welcoming people I've ever met. Our room had all the perfect touches to make us forget the "Rat race". Wine on our private balcony and our wood fired hot tub were both extraordinary. Breakfast meant great food with great company. Linda's home-made whipped cream, array of juices and fresh fruit were incredible! Just writing this is making me itch to book our next weekend. If you are looking for rest, relaxation, and recharge in a quaint and serene environment: Wikiup is your place!

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Laguna Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

What a nice couple of days we had at the Wikiup Bed & Breakfast Inn!!! Lovely large property with many pathways and inviting secret spots to sit and relax. Linda and Lee, the hosts, are charming, helpful, and full of fun local stories. Plus, they both are excellent cooks and breakfast was about the best I've ever had. Our bed was a work of art! So plush and comfy it was truly hard to get up in the morning. If you want a really special treat...arrange to have Debbie come by for an in-suite massage. Then relax in your own wood heated hot tub! It doesn't get any better...
lmh

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

We were unable to stay here as they were all full. Had someone had the courtesy to call Lee and Linda to cancel, we would have definitely stayed here, and now we are reserving a room here in the near future.

We booked a llama trek to the Menghini winery for four. We had an amazing time spending the day with Lee and his two llamas. I would highly recommend this to anyone considering it.

• Stayed March 2014
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

I loved staying there for two nights. Lee and Linda are very friendly.

Our room was the "shady lady". Very nicely decorated room with all the facilities. We also had our own hot water tub and I soaked in there for an hour or so.

The place is so green and Linda has decorated the whole garden will little bits and pieces of tiny frogs, turtles, pigs, insects. I loved the experience and the location.

The breakfast served was awesome and linda sits with you and shares her experiences and laughs with you which adds a very personal touch.

I loved feeding the llamas on the property.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
San Diego, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

Our room was secluded and had its own outdoor hot tub that was great for stargazing while enjoying a good soak. We were treated the next morning to a tasty, hearty French Toast breakfast, and then took a short stroll through the attractive grounds to feed the resident llamas. The place was a little difficult to find, but well worth it. Linda and Lee took great car of us!

Room Tip: Research this B and B's location beforehand. Whispering Pines Drive is long, twisty, and inters...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Huntington Beach, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

I lost my father completely unexpectedly in the past 2 weeks and forgot about the reservation I had made. I received a phone call from the owner demanding to know where I was and why I didn't call to let them know I wouldn't make them. I explained to her that due to everything I was dealing with the last thing that has been on my mind was a reservation I made well before my dad got sick. Her response was a cold, flat "well regardless I'm going to have to charge your card". How disgusting. I will never stay at this B&B, I cannot fathom that someone can lack complete and utter empathy to another human.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
lodgingnazi, Owner at Wikiup Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
The review above was the unfortunate result of a minute or two conversation between me and my customer. Wikiup has an arrival window of 4-8 pm. She had selected 4 pm as her arrival time when she made her reservation online. Around 8 pm I placed a call to her to see if she had experienced car trouble, or had gotten her dates mixed up. Apparently, she had forgotten to cancel her 25th anniversary celebration reservation with us. I expressed my sympathy for her recent loss. and mentioned the cancelation policy. We have instituted two policy changes following this most unpleasant and unfortunate telephone exchange. One, I now call each online guest one week prior to their anticipated arrival to double check their reservation is firm. Second, I no longer wait so long to call when a guest is later than we anticipate their arrival. In this particular situation, I did have potential guests who would have gladly taken the reservation if it had not been so late in the day. I hope these changes will prevent any future similar problem.

Been to Wikiup Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!