“Not what it used to be - too bad!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Joshua Tree Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Joshua Tree
Joshua Tree Inn
You added Joshua Tree Inn to your Saves list
61259 Twentynine Palms Highway, Joshua Tree, CA 92252   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Joshua Tree
Los Angeles, CA
“Not what it used to be - too bad!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2009

I have stayed MANY times at the Joshua Tree Inn. There was a change in management a couple of years ago and they started policies that ended my patronage. The place went downhill. They had great managers, then fired them. A loss!

• Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Boston, MA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2009

This Inn could be a hidden gem... if it were managed in the spirit in which it has been marketed: Cosmic American Motel. There is a charming vibe to the place (despite the unimpressive front of the facility) until you deal with the prickly manager/owner who is happy to take your money but acts pretty pissed off that you're actually going to be a guest at the Inn and might actually require some service. We had to wait for her to arrive until 3:00 p.m. at which time she didn't even say hello and let us continue to wait in the parking lot until we finally went in to the office to see about things. If you dare, and aren't prone to ear infections, try the pool (which has green slime along the sides and bottom). Breakfast, as noted by others, is ridiculous. We were a group of 11 people. They put out three bagels (hard as a rock), 4 slices of wheat bread, one half-used half gallon of milk, one half-used half gallon of orange juice (and bathroom sized Dixie cups for your "shot of oj"), and some jam, peanut butter, and butter... along with open boxes of cereal. This "breakfast" was served over an hour late. I can't understand how a place could be as thoughtfully decorated as this one and run by such an uncaring and cold individual. She was also heard complaining that, "Yeah... now that I've built it into something everyone wants to buy it." Not exactly what I've heard as the place has been for sale for quite a while. This poor little Inn needs a friendly, cosmic owner who knows how to attract and care for customers looking to experience the beauty of Joshua Tree with a 60's vibe and feel. I hope this Inn finds an owner who can do it justice. I would stay again... as soon as I know the little witch who owns it has hopped on her broomstick and moved on. By the way, if you bring kids be careful.... the basketball hoop out back is very near prickers and you'll have to bring your own first aid kit... the amenities at this place are that there are no amenities. If you can avoid the owner, you might just have a nice stay... and the national park is a must see.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
california
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2009

The hotel is unique, kind of funky, but enjoyable. Beware not to make any constructive criticisms however. The morning breakfast was terrible - half empty large jam jars, open bread sacks etc. I do not like food that everyone can touch and use - other guests are not my family. When I mentioned this to the manager, I got 2 very rude emails about staying elsewhere the next time. I will.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Central Coast, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2009

Actually, we enjoy camping but in early spring the winds can be wild, which they were so I'm glad we took shelter. If you're looking for a peaceful night, or perhaps a little inspiration from Gram's ghost, this will do just fine. Price is right. Place is for sale at the moment , so ya never know about the future....

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Seattle
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2009

If you are into an old motel with a 70's vib this may be for you. But be warned that vib is a little worn out. Our door lock was hard to engage, the porch light filtered in the shades, big trucks on the road out front rumbled the place, the pool needed cleaning and the continental breakfast was minimal at best. That said, the one staff gal that we saw was very nice and she played some good music to go with the cherios.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2009

The Joshua Tree Inn is what it is...a shrine to Gram Parsons and I would imagine that is why many people stay there. It is basically preserved in the 70's - the era when Gram stayed (and died) there. It is therefore somewhat dated but is clean and well cared for. My 11 year old son didn't like it (no high speed internet, no loungers around the pool, no fridge with snacks and cold drinks) but my wife and I loved it and found it a welcome change to the Residence Inns and Courtyards we had been staying in. It has charm and character and loads of atmosphere, just watch out that there isn't that much going on in Joshua Tree itself so for food and shopping you do need to head to the main town -Yucca Valley.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
San Pedro, Belize
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2009

Staying at the Inn was part of a mecca. I live next to Gram's Place in Tampa Fl, this was a must see for me. Joshua Tree Inn was much more than I expected. From the check in process to breakfast the next morning. All was perfect. Room 8, the bed was very comfortable, the room was soothing and calm, happy with a refrigerator and microwave. This is defniately a calming, tranquil place to roost. I wanted to stay longer once I got there. Next time. Thanks Stephanie for being so sweet.

• Liked — feels like home
  • Disliked — nothing to complain about
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Joshua Tree Inn? Share your experiences!