“Wow!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Joshua Tree Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Joshua Tree
Joshua Tree Inn
You added Joshua Tree Inn to your Saves list
61259 Twentynine Palms Highway, Joshua Tree, CA 92252   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Joshua Tree
Parbold
“Wow!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

Stayed with family (over from UK for a wedding) in Hacienda...3 miles or so from the Inn. Absolutely wonderful! Gorgeous and deliciously COLD pool in a quirky relaxing garden surrounding the open and spacious house. Stars at night spectacular. Peace everywhere. Hosts at the Inn SO helpful, accommodating and friendly.

Thank you!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Madrid, Spain
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

I decided to stay here for one night while visiting joshua tree national park, based on the good reviews. I was completely disappointed with the place. The air conditioning is extremely old and does not work properly, lets leave apart the funny noise that it makes, making impossible to sleep either with the aircon on due to the noise nor without it due to the heat in the summer.
I decided to open the window and pay for some fresh air which came, in tis case be prepared to hear the traffic from the highway.
I could not manage to get not water in the shower. The lighting is very poor. There is a kind of walk in closet almost useless as the is no light in.
Our private patio was useless also as the chairs were dirty. With dust and lots of flowers and leaves from the trees.
The wi-fi did not work at all.
On the positive side, beds are comfortable and the swimming pool if you are going to stay more than one night is very good quite big and comfortable, it is very well located very close to the park entrance.

Room Tip: Ask if the have any one with new aircon in case they don't, go as far as you can from the highwa...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
jtinn, Guest Relations Manager at Joshua Tree Inn, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
We are very glad that you enjoyed the pool and the beds!

We are so sorry that the AC gets frozen with ice when the temperature exceeds 105 degrees for an extended period,as was the case during your visit. I assure you it works great when the temp
is below 100 degrees.
Our apologies for the leaves and flowers that blew onto the patio furniture. High wind and heat are very prevalant here in August.
As for the hot water,we do not understand your complaint. No problem there.
Lastly,the wifi was problematic if many guests were logged in simultaneously. Verizon has since fixed that situation (or so they said :)
Happy Trails,
Guest Relation Manager
Sonora, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I stayed here two nights in June for a wedding. The couple I was photographing booked Room 6 for me and I absolutely LOVED IT! Being exhausted, I returned to my room and melted into the lounge chair on the private patio. There was a warm breeze blowing the trees and I sat there mesmerized. It was peaceful and quiet. The pool is open all hours, so even though I didn't get back from the wedding til 1am, I could still take a dip to relax before bed. The bathroom has old charming tile. The ceiling has big open beams that are an orderly joy to look at while laying in bed. Maybe that's weird, but these are the things that I can appreciate in a home away from home. There is a little table with chairs outside every room on the breezeway where people hang out. The breezeway has luscious vines growing up and protecting the rooms from the sun and making it feel like a jungle hideaway in the desert. The sandy open courtyard is lovingly raked with beautiful patterns everyday. The koi pond is relaxing and inviting. There are endless details that add up to a magical experience. Truly, one of the most relaxing experiences of my life. I'm already planning a romantic getaway with my hubby for my 40th bday. Only dilemma is which room to book! (first choice of course was 6, but it's already taken! thinking of possibly trying one of the suites. only turn 40 once!) Here are some photos I took during my stay https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10200383725570851.1073741828.1086759890&type=1&l=3039beb468

Room Tip: Room 6 is charming. It has a really cool tree/bush in the private patio area. I think the wall behin...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Lancaster, South Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Joshua Tree Inn is a wonderful place to rest and relax when visiting the desert. This IS NOT a place for travelers that want every ammenity available to mankind. If you want a clean, comfortable,relaxing place to stay with charm, this is the place. I have stayed here every year for the past 9 years. The staff is friendly, the pool is a cool relief from the heat and the grounds are beautiful. They make you feel at home. Added bonus is the history of the motel. Personalities from John Wayne to ram Parsons loved this place. It has the feeling of stepping back in time-

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Auckland, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We walked in and there was a small band playing, we were invited to join in and partake of the nibbles and home made chai. This place has charm, as well as all the other things you need for a great stay. Nearby access to Joshua Tree National Park was an extra bonus. The swimming pool was great, and the huge Joshua Trees were amazing.

Room Tip: Ours was the Barrymore suite - the largest I think, we managed 4 of us in there, but would have been...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
San Francisco
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

This past April my bro and I rode our motorcycles from NJ to CA well over 3000 miles. After staying at the branded hotel chains along the way, we were delighted to meet Marsu, a cool guy who manages the Joshua Tree Inn. We stayed in room # 12, it was clean, spacious, cozy and had everything I needed. What I enjoyed most about my stay was the mystical and peaceful vibe created by Joshua Tree Inn’s desert oasis location, and its history with creative and legendary musicians and personalities like John Wayne, Robert Plant and Gram Parsons. Within close proximity you will find the Joshua Tree National Park, hiking and biking trails, world class rock climbing, live music venues and restaurants, The Joshua Tree Inn is a place worth returning to. I recommend trying their Chai tea, meticulously prepared by Marsu. Thank you Joshua Tree Inn for a memorable stay. Looking forward to my next visit.

Room Tip: The John Barrymore Suite (Room #12) offers the most privacy, with a large bedroom, living room, kitc...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

For the record , the person complaining about the pool being closed needs to lighten up. No hotel would call its guests to report the pool was closed. Why didn't you call before you left to make sure it was open. It's probably a good thing for the staff here that you won't be returning. You sound like a real pain in the bum.

• Stayed May 2013

Been to Joshua Tree Inn? Share your experiences!