My husband and I recently stayed 2 nights during a weekendat one of the two suites, #1, for $300/night.
Pros: the property itself is gorgeous. Beautiful landscapes and architecture. Owner and his wonderful dogs are friendly. The room is very spacious. The bed is very comfy. The steam shower is a wonderful touch.
1. our room is AT the major intersection of 29 palms highway. VERY noisy throughout the day. The first day was not a relaxing experience. We had to turn the music up to cover the noise from the busy traffic. The traffic however dies down after midnight so we slept okay.
2. For $300 a night, no breakfast, no room service (no cleaning during the stay), not even shampoo in the shower. High speed internet is probably located in the furthest biggest room (#5). The signal gets lower when move further away and final so no signal in #1. This is quite a disappointment. There is no owner or staffs on site. Anything you need have to give them a call and wait for them to stop by.
3. The stove didn't work, the coffee machine, boiler, blender are all very dirty. Also, the furniture are old & tired -Sofa is very dirty and stained. At the common area, the "reflection pool" is like a dirty, algae pond.
Personally I think the only room that *might* worth staying is another suite- #5, which is the furthest from the road, 1/3 bigger than #1 with private out door sitting area and shower.
As much as we had a enjoyable stay, I think the room is overpriced for what it offers. For the same amount of money I would urge the owner to improve these important details to stay competitive with guest houses of many over private ranches in the mountains.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mojave Sands Motel is a 1940's motel that was taken apart and reconstructed. The doors, windows, bed frames, hardware and some of the furniture, were created either on-site or by local crafts people. Reclaimed wood, steel and other materials were used wherever possible. There are two large suites with kitchens and steam showers and three unique, comfortable single rooms with queen beds. Each room has a private patio and water fountain. Located right in the middle of town and only minutes away from Joshua Tree National Park, Mojave Sands provides a peaceful escape from the hectic pace of modern life, where one can come to recharge and enjoy the unique beauty of Joshua Tree. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Mojave Sands Hotel Joshua Tree