“Delightful find, beautiful ocean view from room, nice restaurant” 5 of 5 stars

Timber Cove Inn
3.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   21780 North Coast Highway 1, Jenner, CA 95450   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Jenner B&B and Inns
Incline Village, Nevada, United States
“Delightful find, beautiful ocean view from room, nice restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

What a pleasant surprise for an impromptu stay ... Clean room with beautiful ocean view and in-room fireplace. Not a new place but well-kept and with a rustic feel in keeping with the Wild Sonoma Coast location. Good restaurant with reasonable prices, especially the special anniversary 19/63 prix-fixe dinner. Definitely we would stay again! Thank you Kerry at front desk for such friendly service!

• Stayed August 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
Oswego, IL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Hi, my husband and I stayed here a few years ago and had a great experience. I'm not sure what has changed, but we just tried to call and make a reservation and was on hold for 15 minutes before we hung up. Guess they want us to find someplace else to stay!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Robin M, General Manager at Timber Cove Inn, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Dear Lori W.,
I cannot thank you enough for taking a moment to post this review, as there are just simply no words to explain my disappointment regarding your phone experience. We work very hard to reach out to people to let them know how beautiful Timber Cove Inn is and that our team is waiting to extend a warm welcome to new and returning guests. I applaud your patience for waiting 15 minutes, as I am not sure I would have waited 10! I am looking into the cause of this and assure you that everyone that answers the phone here at Timber Cove Inn has been advised that this excessive holding is not a practice that we will accept. I am hoping you WILL give us another try and please ask for me personally so that I can make your reservation. I am generally here Tuesday – Saturday but if you do get my voicemail I will return your call as soon as I am in my office. I do hope to speak with you and meet you on your next visit!!
Sacramento, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

I feel as though we were discriminated against because we were Groupon customers. We were told we had to wait 2 hours to check in (until 4 PM) despite other 3-party guests checking in. The elderly reservations clerk was unfriendly and unapologetic. Her actions made the situation very awkward and uncomfortable for our party. Overall, the stay was pleasant. I suggest the reservations clerk be formally trained in hotel hospitality and the hotel rethink offering Groupons if Groupon customers cannot be treated in the same manner other guests are.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Milpitas, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

My husband and I were there in late July 2013 celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary. We took advantage of the "50th Anniversary" special for the Timber Cove Inn and our second night was half-off. The staff welcomed us wholeheartedly and are very accommodating. Our room was so romantic with a fireplace and a jacuzzi for two. The bed so comfortable that we wish we could have taken it home with us. The views of the ocean are just awesome and the entire grounds has trails that we enjoyed walking and hiking. We also loved watching the seals with our binoculars. The food downstairs in the Alexander's restaurant was tasty and delicious, we enjoyed a wonderful dinner Saturday night and brunch on Sunday. Our stay was so relaxing and made the occasion wonderfully special for our 20th Anniversary. We have and will continue to recommend the Timber Cove Inn to all of our family and friends.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room with a jacuzzi. You will love it and it's so relaxing.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
louisville, ky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

We were there Aug. 11-12, 2013. It was my husband's 50th birthday. A very special day. The check-in front desk clerk was flat and boring. They had to go and get the dish washer to take our bags upstairs, because there is No elevator. (I have a heart condition) The room was generic and dated. We had a fan to cool the room downstairs. We had to go outside to get our monies worth! When we checked out the front desk clerk was very rude and had no problems telling you off in a matter of fact tone. She talks to you like a therapy junkie and passes the blame onto everyone else. You would get better service and amenities at some of the surrounding B&B's in the area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Robin M, General Manager at Timber Cove Inn, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Dear Directedbyhp: Thank you so much for spending the time to write this review and advise that your stay was less than satisfactory. It is completely unacceptable that we did not offer you the utmost courtesies and I hope you will accept my sincerest apologies for the way you were treated. I have advised our Front Desk Supervisor to share this review with all front desk staff to ensure that this will never be repeated. Yes we are aware that the hotel is classic in its décor but many of our guests visit us for the location, ocean views, setting and general peace and quiet of the area. Since it is an older building, we do not have an elevator but we try our best to assist every guests that needs help with luggage.

I am hoping you will call me directly at 707-847-3231 and let me apologize to you personally and see if there is a possibility you will return as our guest. Again, we truly appreciate the feedback as our guest’s satisfaction is of utmost concern to us. Thank you again.

Robin Mallon, General Manager
Santa Rosa, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

This place is such a great place for couples to reconnect to eachother. We try to go whem ever we can afford it, this last visit was my 50th birthday. Out of 3 visits in 9 years of marriage, it is the only place we go when we are alone. The Jacuzzi in our room is fabulous, the trails and coast line is just beautiful. The most romantic place on earth. The restraint is great, service is great all of it is great, I just wish they would give specails or some kind of discounts, to us that have to save for years to get to go.

Room Tip: all the rooms with a Jacuzzi are the best, they are on the outside of the building, the rooms on the...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
NOVATO , CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

Nowhere are the views better than at the Timber Cove Inn. We has a ocean view suite with a fireplace and jacuzzi. We were quite happy with our choice. We arrived shortly after 4pm and sat at the lunge bar for a much needed drink. After all, it is a long and windy road to get here. Reception was quick and efficient. While this hotel is not cheap, it is pretty competitive with hotels in the area but nothing is in the area. Timber Cove sits right on a cliff. All rooms seem to have a view of either the ocean or the cover. You can't go wrong either way.

Our room had a sunken hot tub, which was very relaxing to sit in. The bed was the most comfortable we had on our trip.otherwise , the bathroom was right and cramped. It had only 1 sitting chair and could have used another chair for relaxing. They definitely have the best , by far , bath robe. It was oh so nice after a hot tub to wrap myself around this robe.

Only negative , and not by much was the restuarant. Alexander's at Timber Cove. We arrived at about 7:50 , since the sunset was about 8:10. When I went to the front reception , we were met by Jason , the restuarant manager. After asking us if we had reservations , I replied no. Jason went into a routine of " oh my. Let's me see what we can do" , he then looks down at his watch and says " I think I can just fit you in, if I sit you right down". That was great of him since there were 7 empty tables and only 2 couples got sitted after we did. This made me think Jason was a bit of a joke. Lief was our waiter and was a nice enough guy. Very caring and attentive. Overall the food was mediocre. Decent , but not as good as I had hope.

We had a braised short rib, which was the highlight of our meal. The cauliflower soup was not exceptionally flavorful. I had pork chops , while my wife ordered the Delmonico steak. my chop came with mashed potatoes and green beans. These were okay. But again , not an abundance of flavor. My wife's steak had a sauce on it that was not great, okay , it wasn't even good. We ordered an overpriced bottle of wine, but we did enjoy the wine. We ordered 2 desserts , I got a cold crime brûlée that someone had used a torch to Carmelite the top. The plate was cold as was the filling. My wife ordered the molten chocolate cake. When it came. Some was good,while when we got to the middle , we had a chunk of chocolate the was not yet melted. So we stuck a fork in it and left it on the plate.

We asked for the check, only to find that they had overcharged on the wine. Only 20.00 but since it was tied for the highest price wines on the wine list, I would have expected better. When I brought this to our servers attention , he genuinely seemed apologetic and said that he should have caught the mistake. I liked that he took ownership of the problem. We just put that 20.00 towards his tip. Leif was good, where Jason was insulting to our intelligence and for him , we give this part of our trip a poor grade.

Don't let that one negative stop your coming to this top notch inn. It is an amazing hotel with absolutely incredible views.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Jason G, Food & Beverage Manager at Timber Cove Inn, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Mr. Baines,

First of all, I’d like to thank you for writing such a comprehensive and honest review of your experience at Alexander’s Restaurant. This social media site (and others) is watched very closely by the management at Timber Cove Inn and provides us with valuable feedback, allowing us to see exactly where we need to adjust in order to provide a better guest experience.

The dinner reservation books are actually structured with the guest in mind. We try to allow spaces in between seating’s so that the staff in the dining room and the kitchen can provide timely and exceptional service. Even after the reservations on a given evening have been filled, we still allow room for walk-ins which we tend to have in abundance every night. There is a lot of thought that has gone into writing and maintaining the reservation sheets, and overbooking a particular seating too drastically could result in poor service for everyone. As I'm sure you are aware, it's all about timing. Though it may not have seemed so, I guarantee that every single empty table you referred to in your review was being held for a reservation currently on the books. The guests who had booked those time slots may not have shown up, not been on time, as the road leading up the coast is windy and scenic, or may have chosen to dine in our Lounge instead. It is of the utmost importance to me and my staff that we accommodate everyone who approaches the podium, with or without a reservation. However, seeing the bigger picture of what parties have recently been seated and who is expected to arrive with a reservation plays a large part in accepting walk-in guests.

I am glad that we were able to accommodate you, and that you had the opportunity to dine in Alexander’s. Unfortunately, though you found our dishes only to be mediocre, and for that I am sorry. Moreover, it is disappointing that you named me as "the negative” to your experience here as I strive to make each and every guest feel as if I were welcoming them into my own home. I apologize that you felt un-welcome. In the future, I encourage you to call me personally @ (707) 847-3231 if you should choose to return to Alexander’s Restaurant. I would be honored to make a reservation for you, and ensure that you are seated promptly and seamlessly at the time of your choosing.

Kind regards,
Jason

Been to Timber Cove Inn? Share your experiences!