“Totally inapropriate” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Casini Ranch Campground

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jenner
Casini Ranch Campground
You added Casini Ranch Campground to your Saves list
Jenner, CA   |
California
“Totally inapropriate”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2006

We wanted a nice relaxing camping trip....but got harassed by the crazy security guard on a power trip. We camped during a slow time where we had NO neighbors and she repeatedly came and told us to be quiet while we were making hardly any noise. She completely over exaggerated and was shockingly rude. Her fellow employees agreed. WAY TO EXPENSIVE FOR CAMPING...(they charge per TENT!!!????)

Stayed June 2006

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
San Leandro, Ca
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2006

I took my grandkids camping at Casini last week. I was looking forwad to this time. We had been there several times a few years ago and had a lot of fun.
The first night we were there, the campsite next to us had a group of people that spent the night screaming and yelling. The language was terrible to say the least. In the early A M four of the guys in the group decided to go swimming in the buff. They were yelling for some of the girls in the group to watch them jump off the rocks. They decided to come back tp their camp sites just as my 12 year old grandaughter got up. She did not need to see this. My daughter had to go over and ask them to clean up their language. We reported them and was tolds they were to drunk to evict. We moved our campsite and that was all they were willing to do to fix this problem. No help from them for the move. I find it hard to beleive that worked there no one heard them since they drive around and walk around sneaking up on people to tell them it is time to go to bed.
It was also badly maintained as far as the restrooms go. Nothing like it used to be.

• Liked — location to river and beach
  • Disliked — bathrooms were dirty and they let people stay that didn't belong in public
  • Tips/Secrets — dont go there
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Sacramento, CA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2006

I have been coming to Casini for 7 years now and since the children took over running the campground the quality has gone downhilll each time I come. They advertise wifi internet services, which are only available in one or two sites on the grounds. The bathrooms are painted now, but still inadequate for the amount of people that go there. They are small, dirty and not working most of the time. One large problem is the security. The guards spend time looking for something to harass you about and god forbid you let your child go to the park alone, they will call the sheriff and have the child picked up if he/she is under 8. So a 7 year old can not go to the park with a sibling or alone with you watching from your site without you worrying about losing your child. They sneak around in the dark, tell you you need to be in bed when it is none of their business if you are not making noise and bothering anyone. I have seen the guards sneaking around in the dark, peering into campsites, checking people out. I don't want anybody hanging over my shoulder. Don't know about you. Also, the roads are pocked with huge potholes they never seem to be able to fix. A little shale would take care of it but they continue to band aid it and your rig will be shaken quite hard getting in and out. And the attitude of the people in the store is atrocious. There are one or two nice young girls, but the rest are rude and overbearing. I do know this is the last year I will come here. It is expensive and under maintained.

• Stayed May 2006
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2005

My first visit to Casini Family Ranch.....main complaints are the bathrooms, small, dirty and no hot water!!! Only one bathroom in my area to service ALOT of people!
Staff at office not too friendly.
The fees are high too considering the garbage tended to pile up.
I might go again only beause the river is so close but I'm not so sure. Its too bad they can't make some improvements...this could be a wonderful place.
p.s. garbage and broken tire swing at playground

• Stayed July 2004
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2004

We have been visiting Casini for the past 6 years and each of our visits has had its up's and down's. I do have to say the price for tents is high and when you have more than one family, the price's go up for one spot. I think the prices should be more adjustable. I tried to get in touch with the manager and left messages and she will not return my calls. I do agree with other people that the bathroom should be expanded.

California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2004

My family and I have been coming here for almost 10 years now. We've also brought other families here, and they've done the same. We like this place because of the weather (not too hot, not too cold) and not very dusty like other campgrounds. The river is a plus, too.

But we were just here this past weekend, and we might just have to look for someplace else to camp. We always book months in advance, and we were surprisingly disappointed to find out that the price had increased at check-in. OK...that was fine thinking that they must've made some changes or renovation. Nope...the bathrooms were worse than before. With the amount of people camping, the bathrooms should be cleaned more often. They were all filthy.

Also, the 3 days-2 nights we were there, there was no garbage pick-up. We had 2 campsites w/ 4 families, and we filled up the garbage drum in no time. Fortunately, we brought our own big plastic garbage bags. Since there was no more room in the drum, we just placed the bags on the ground. That was very unsanitary.

In addition, the people in the general store need to have more "bed-side" customer service manners. They were very rude.

The night-time security wanted eveyone to be in bed, sleeping at 10 pm. The brochures and signs said "Quiet hours 10 pm". If they wanted everyone asleep at that time, then they should specify..."everyone should be asleep at 10 pm". The security came to one of my friends site, and told them (not in a very nice way) to go to bed since it was 11 pm. They weren't noisy at all at the time.

We usually re-book for next year while we're there, but didn't do it this time. Not sure if we'll be back. Casini Family Ranch Campground used to feel like "family", but not anymore.

• Stayed August 2004
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2004

This campground has managed to "lose" all record of camping reservations made a year in advance for our group twice now. They will not admit their problem, and when confronted with faxed proof, they then will not return phone calls!

Been to Casini Ranch Campground? Share your experiences!