“Definitely a Family With Children Type Camp” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Casini Ranch Campground

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jenner
Casini Ranch Campground
You added Casini Ranch Campground to your Saves list
Jenner, CA   |
statenisland, ny
“Definitely a Family With Children Type Camp”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

I asked on the reservation form for 1. Shade and 2. Close proximity to bathroom/showers. We didn't get either one. The place has a very 'secure' feeling, almost too much. Our first night there a security guy dropped by and while making pleasant small talk brazenly looked at every detail of our stuff. You don't need quarters for the showers..but there are only two with a gazillion people camping in the area. The showers look mildewy, they need a deep cleaning or tile replacement. The showers DO have two curtained areas in both stalls, so no one watches you shower. The firewood is FIFTEEN DOLLARS for a skimpy cardboard box, kindling is separate for ten. As you go through Guerneville, check the gas stations and Safeway parking lot..you can find folks selling a healthy bundle of firewood for FIVE BUCKS.
Hey, we needed a place to stay for the Jazz Festival...we will go back to the jazz festival but we won't return to Casini Ranch.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

We had not camped at Casini Ranch for many years, but had such fond memories we wanted to go back with our adult kids and young grandchildren. I was a little unsure considering some of the reviews found here that this great spot may have changed, but we were not disappointed. We were in a Motorhome and a tent in site 20D which is considered a River Front site. You can see the river from this site if there is no one camped next to you, but otherwise you would not be able to see it because of some trees/brush. We found the campground to be very clean and well maintained. The bathrooms were clean and up to date. There were many family-friendly activities and we were treated with courtesy and respect by all campground staff we encountered. The river was beautiful and warm enough to swim in in mid September. We saw some sea lions swimming along as well. It was very quiet and peaceful. One reviewer mentioned gun shots from the Hunting Club nearby. We did hear that on Sunday am for awhile. Otherwise it was very quiet. The beaches are rock as it is a river and that is to be expected. I rated Casini's a 4 because I feel that some of the campsites are REALLY small and crowded together in some spots. Also, just an FYI the River Front sites do not have a fire pit, they have a half barrel for fires, but that worked out fine for us because we could place it were we wanted it, and also bring your own BBQ because the sites do not have them.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Bay ARea, Ca
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

We stayed here for a weekend with friends who have an RV. The check in was efficient, they had lots of ammenitites, and 2 average bathrooms (with showers), which were pretty typical for bathrooms at campgrounds. The campground is large and has several different areas to camp in. SOme are very exposed, like on the fields and on the river, while others have camping sites that are tucked back off the roads.

We typically enjoy camping in the mountains, so this wasn't really our thing. We were able to get back off of the road, but there were a lot of places where you would not be able to do that.

We enjoyed the staff, and the kids enjoyed the hay ride, feeding the ducks, and watching the bonfire.

The reason I give it a 3 is because this is not my kind of camping. If you asked my firend with the RV, they would tell you it is one of their favorite places to go. If you are looking for a place with playgrounds, fields to play group games in, and are familiar with how rocky the Russian RIver beaches tend to be, then I'd say go for it. If you are looking for an escape to nature, this place probably isn't for you.

BTW, there is ALOT of poison Oak here, but we were able to avoid it. If you are highly allergic, I would call them, because some of the campsites next to the blackberry bushes had it encircling the sites.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Union City, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

This was my first camping experience. We were a group of 10+ families. All I can say is that it was a very good experience. We enjoyed, every bit of it. The kids didn't want to leave the place. We had a peaceful sleep at night, although it was pretty chilly. We stayed for 2 nights.
The restrooms are old but well-maintained with hot water shower rooms.
If you are here, try to go to the river early morning. It looks beautiful. The water is so calm.
Most of my friends liked this campsite better than Yosemite.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Roseville, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

We reserved a site at Casini Ranch Campground on March 6th online via our Visa to Casini Enterprises for a reservation in July. We since tried to contact this company various times to verify our reservation or modify/cancel and could not get in touch with anyone at their listed contact phone numbers or email addresses for weeks! They billed our Visa. We were at the point of wondering if they were still even in business since we received absolutely no correspondence.

We were well within their policy stated on their website under Rates & Rules to cancel our reservation less a $15 charge. We have all the documentation of their policies, our phone records showing various calls and copies of emails sent well before our reservation date.

Due to their lack of communications, we could not get in touch with them to do anything much less cancel/modify our reservation. Now that we are disputing it with our local news station and with our credit card company, we've received several phone calls from Casini stating they will NOT refund us as their policy states because we did not get in touch with them in time. So because they do not return phone calls/emails they get to forfeit their OWN policy? I don't think so!

BE WARNED...... DO NOT GIVE THESE PEOPLE ANY MONEY!

They think that I will give this up and I will not.

I will, however, revise this review if they adhere to their policies.

ALSO.... see other reviews that state the exact same thing about not being able to get in touch with ANYONE from Casini and also that they are unclear about their cancellation policy!

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Shingle Springs, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

There is a sportsman's club close to Casinis with a shooting range. On Wed June 26 the shooting started at 2pm & went on until 7pm. The next day it started at 4:30 & went on until 7pm. Constant repetative gun shots with 10 second intervals. You can't escape it anywhere in the campground. Any member of the sporting club could shoot anytime they want & on the weekend they shoot all day long according to the staff.
They were not shooting on tuesday when we got there. This should be posted at Casinis when you check in because we had to put out dog in the car & turn up the stereo. There are no refunds once you pay them

My husband & I stayed for 3 nights June 26, 27 & 28, 2012. Beautiful spot #47 BUT some of the staff are unfriendly. Starting at check-in (which is unnecessarily slow) the woman went out of her way to be difficult. Not reading reviews on this place before we went, i assumed it was only her. There is a bad uncaring attitude among most of the employees. We kept our contact to a minimum. Can only get extremely slow free wifi by parking in front of the store.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Encino, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

I'm frustraited with all the remarks but so few mentioned what site they stayed in. I think it would be helpful if part of the review would mention what site # they stayed in. That's about all I have to say right now. I'll be sure and write a review on my thoughts of this place. I know I just found out I can't bring my motorcycle. That's a bummer cause there is some beautiful riding up there.
Write more shortly.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Casini Ranch Campground? Share your experiences!