“Wanna go again!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Casini Ranch Campground

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jenner
Casini Ranch Campground
Save Saved
You added Casini Ranch Campground to your Saves list
Jenner, CA   |
Union City, California
“Wanna go again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

This was my first camping experience. We were a group of 10+ families. All I can say is that it was a very good experience. We enjoyed, every bit of it. The kids didn't want to leave the place. We had a peaceful sleep at night, although it was pretty chilly. We stayed for 2 nights.
The restrooms are old but well-maintained with hot water shower rooms.
If you are here, try to go to the river early morning. It looks beautiful. The water is so calm.
Most of my friends liked this campsite better than Yosemite.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Roseville, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

We reserved a site at Casini Ranch Campground on March 6th online via our Visa to Casini Enterprises for a reservation in July. We since tried to contact this company various times to verify our reservation or modify/cancel and could not get in touch with anyone at their listed contact phone numbers or email addresses for weeks! They billed our Visa. We were at the point of wondering if they were still even in business since we received absolutely no correspondence.

We were well within their policy stated on their website under Rates & Rules to cancel our reservation less a $15 charge. We have all the documentation of their policies, our phone records showing various calls and copies of emails sent well before our reservation date.

Due to their lack of communications, we could not get in touch with them to do anything much less cancel/modify our reservation. Now that we are disputing it with our local news station and with our credit card company, we've received several phone calls from Casini stating they will NOT refund us as their policy states because we did not get in touch with them in time. So because they do not return phone calls/emails they get to forfeit their OWN policy? I don't think so!

BE WARNED...... DO NOT GIVE THESE PEOPLE ANY MONEY!

They think that I will give this up and I will not.

I will, however, revise this review if they adhere to their policies.

ALSO.... see other reviews that state the exact same thing about not being able to get in touch with ANYONE from Casini and also that they are unclear about their cancellation policy!

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Jenner hotels

Shingle Springs, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

There is a sportsman's club close to Casinis with a shooting range. On Wed June 26 the shooting started at 2pm & went on until 7pm. The next day it started at 4:30 & went on until 7pm. Constant repetative gun shots with 10 second intervals. You can't escape it anywhere in the campground. Any member of the sporting club could shoot anytime they want & on the weekend they shoot all day long according to the staff.
They were not shooting on tuesday when we got there. This should be posted at Casinis when you check in because we had to put out dog in the car & turn up the stereo. There are no refunds once you pay them

My husband & I stayed for 3 nights June 26, 27 & 28, 2012. Beautiful spot #47 BUT some of the staff are unfriendly. Starting at check-in (which is unnecessarily slow) the woman went out of her way to be difficult. Not reading reviews on this place before we went, i assumed it was only her. There is a bad uncaring attitude among most of the employees. We kept our contact to a minimum. Can only get extremely slow free wifi by parking in front of the store.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Encino, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

I'm frustraited with all the remarks but so few mentioned what site they stayed in. I think it would be helpful if part of the review would mention what site # they stayed in. That's about all I have to say right now. I'll be sure and write a review on my thoughts of this place. I know I just found out I can't bring my motorcycle. That's a bummer cause there is some beautiful riding up there.
Write more shortly.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Bay Area, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

This is definitely what I consider a "city person" campground. For the person who doesn't want to be too far from a store, wifi, hot showers, electricity. I took my toddler with friends and we had fun, a large part of it was because it was set up for kids/families. There are several playgrounds on the property.

Here's the catch. You could end up with a terrible campsite or a really great one. By terrible I mean nothing but a little space to fit maybe a two man tent and a small vehicle, and with no shade or privacy, and no running water in site and no bathroom nearby. By great I mean having terrific trees bending cozily over and around spacious somewhat grassy areas with a water spigot nearby, wild shrubbery pruned back to border the site for privacy and additional shade, space for large tents or perhaps three or four two-man tents. So the range of what you can end up with as a campsite varies greatly. Check out this private site for map and site pics. http://www.nicoleanddebbie.com/casini/

The RV hook-up spaces are mostly out in the open in a large field where campers are lined up by the dozen within a few feet of each other.

The staff that I dealt with were friendly. The bathrooms were always reasonably clean. There was always hot water. No quarters were needed for showers, however the price is steep to stay here and most things in the store are marked up 300%. A box of "hardwood" (which we later discovered to be mostly pine with two or three pieces of actual hard wood) cost almost $14. It did not last much longer than the bundle of "pine" (some of it rotten and spongy, $7). You can also get an even smaller bundle of "kindling" little blocks of mill cut wood for close to $4. I recommend grabbing a bundle of oak or some other hardwood before getting to the area.

My favorite aspects of this place. The river has many shallow areas and is slow moving. The kayak rentals are reasonably priced ($10 an hour or $30 for half a day). They also have cool tractor pedal bikes that have back seats so you can tote the kids around for some sightseeing ($7.50 a half hour). My kid wanted to ride the bike the whole time.

Important note: this place is not in Jenner, CA. It is in Duncans Mills, CA which is about 15 minutes from Jenner. Jenner is a coastal town. Duncans Mills is on the Russian River in the mountains.

Travel tips? You may find GPS to be confused at times. If you are coming from anywhere east or south of Santa Rosa, take River Road and Hwy 116 from Santa Rosa west through Sebastopol and Guerneville to Duncans Mills and turn left on Moscow Road which is the one and only clear intersection in town (a four or five building town). Casini is just on the other side of the bridge about a half mile from Duncans Mills on the left hand side.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Kamloops, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

As my wife and I drove towards the check-in line-up, we were approached by a gruff and rude older man that, without any kind of greeting or kind words, immediately stated that we were not allowed to unload our motorcycle, period!! We booked this place on the internet from British Columbia, not knowing their apparent hatred for motorcycles!! We are not ruff looking "biker" types, rather very low-key, riding a standard Suzuki, fitting for our ages (53 & 59). Other than the constant cruising past of the rather overweight, and rather slovenly looking "security" junk food junkies, we had a so-so stay. Please state in your website in larger print your refusal to allow motorbikes on your property.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Santa Rosa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

Having previously worked at Casini Ranch for 3 years I was curious as to how the place was going. So, I went along this weekend to visit with some friends who were camping there. I only stayed a few hours and was appalled at the way our friends had been treated. This place is getting worse - you can't have fun here unless you do it silently. Honestly, if you're just talking around the campfire at 10pm you're told to be quiet and go to bed - it's ridiculous. It seems the staff now, and even Paul Casini are all being brainwashed by Mike McCombs - they seem terrified to even smile at you these days. I'm sure a ton of people agree that this is definitely not the campground it used to be. Now it's all about money. I recommend anyone going here on a holiday weekend need to ensure they know how to get out cos if there's a fire this park is way over populated - talk about being greedy. Just be careful if you're either a camper or an employee - these people are ruthless and don't care who they upset as long as they get their money.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Casini Ranch Campground? Share your experiences!