“Good Value + Great Views” 5 of 5 stars

Complimentary Champagne
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Jenner
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Good Value + Great Views”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

Stayed here one night on our recent North California holiday. The location was excellent and the room very spacious, clean and good value for money. The BBQ facility was easy to use and don't worry about the charcoal (or getting it lit) as it is provided in a special container which makes lighting it very easy. I don't know anywhere else where you can BBQ whilst watching deer in the field opposite and then wake up in the morning to humming birds on the patio!
Just one point to note is that the store opposite can quickly run out of BBQ food so if you are planning to arrive later in the afternoon it might be best to bring your BBQ food with you.
Will definitely stay here again and next time for longer.

Room Tip: Book early as it quickly gets booked up.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Napa, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

Modest. Clean, well maintained, accomodating and pleasant staff. BBQ, microwave, some cable TV, refrigerator. Some rooms available with fireplace.

Room Tip: The rooms with unobstructed ocean views are a little more expensive.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Zurich/Switzerland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

Our room at the Fort Ross Lodge was spacious and comfortable. We appreciated having a fridge & microwave in the room, but they need to be cleaned. The TV is old and there is no cell phone / internet service in the area, which we didn't mind though, it was a good opportunity to relax and read a book. All in all, it was an ok stay, but we would book a room at another place next time (driving by, the towns of Elk and Albion looked quite nice).

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
TinaRomeo, Front Office Manager at Fort Ross Lodge, responded to this review, June 12, 2012
Thank you for visiting our lodge and taking the time to write a review. Our housekeeping staff has been informed of your comments and please be assured that we will take care of this for future travelers. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to our beautiful area.
San Fransisco
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

I stayed for one night while visiting the Sonoma state beaches.

The good: There were great big skylights in my room, which I loved. The manager was very friendly, as other people have noted, and I really appreciated the service. There was a very small fridge and microwave in the room along with a cutting board, cheese knife, and votive candle. It was quiet! Even though the adjoining rooms were all occupied, I didn't hear a peep from anyone other than squirrels and birds.

The not that great: there were stains on the carpet and on the blanket. The pillows are not comfortable, and the sheets look like the came from someone's bed in the 1980's. For the prices they charge, they should provide internet. As for the partial ocean views, it's pretty far away from the ocean, so it wasn't quite the view I was expecting.

All in all, it's a decent stay, but without internet service I won't be returning. I didn't mind that my phone didn't get reception, but a night in a modern hotel without internet, as a solo traveler, was one night too many.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
San Rafael, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

After a truly horrible experience at Jenner Inn , I wish I had booked my wifes birthday getaway here. I was hoodwinked by a very mis-leading web site. The next time we go away for a couple of days it will be at Fort Ross Lodge . The service is ALWAYS good here.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Groveland, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2012

I was traveling on President's Day Weekend and knew at the beginning of the trip I was going to have trouble finding somewhere to stay. Didn't worry me. Driving North on 1 I only saw No Vacancy signs and they I finally saw one that said Vacant. Didn't even pay attention to the name I just pulled in. I work in Customer Service so when I went through the front door and was greeted by warmth and kindness I was so happy that I stopped. I got their last room and I think it was the best. I had the best night's sleep in months. I was only there overnight and it was the best 12 hours. The room was spotless, had wonderful amenities with a microwave, refrigerator, fireplace with free wood for the first night. I was so peaceful going to sleep with a crackling fire. For a last minute reservation I made the right choice and was thoroughly impressed. Will recommend to all my friends when traveling in this area

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Kailua, Hawaii
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2012

We have stayed at Fort Ross lodge a number of times over many years, but not since the new managers began their service there. Review of the tripadvisor reviews reveals that things have improved substantially during their tenure and we would agree. Realize that it is a challenge to maintain an older property with the degree of exposure to salt, sun and sea. It has its rustic edges but the setting is majestic. It is also somewhat remote as there is no cell phone service as yet and the small kitchenettes do not include utensils. We brought paper plates etc. and had picnic style on the lanai. Some units have private hot tubs which is luxurious to say the least, but there is a larger communal hot tub as well. There is a small store accross the street with basic staples and some deli items as well as wine and beer.

Room Tip: The units on the left side of the drive have a less obstructed view of the ocean. the rates are subs...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Fort Ross Lodge? Share your experiences!