“Cozy Historic Hotel, Not Too Far from Yosemite” 4 of 5 stars

Holiday Savings Special
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Jamestown
GreenLeadersBronze level
Los Angeles, California
“Cozy Historic Hotel, Not Too Far from Yosemite”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here one night before heading out to Yosemite the following day. The room was small (cozy), but the bed was very comfortable compared to other hotels we had stayed in on our trip. I enjoyed the historic nature of the building and looking at the old newspaper clipping on the walls. Our room was in the back and had a second door that opened directly onto the back patio / smoking area, where there were benches and a foosball table. The price was GREAT. We arrived kind of late (I think around 9 or 10 pm), but the hotel staff was very friendly and accommodating. The room had a mini fridge, coffee maker, and an added electric outlet. The shower was kind of hinky, but the building is old and we weren't expecting luxury quality. The main historic street of Jamestown is pretty neat looking. There's a railroad museum nearby that we were interested in seeing, but unfortunately did not have enough time for. The most disappointing thing about this hotel was that the complimentary breakfast was only toast and jam, but I guess that's how complimentary breakfasts go. It took us about 40 minutes via the 120 to get to the Yosemite entrance gate from this location.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Jimmy D, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Royal Carriage, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Dear Chelicerata,

Thank you for staying with us during your visit to Yosemite. We have expanded our complimentary breakfast to include “on demand” pancake, oatmeal, fruits and many more items. I hope that you will return to our lovely little town and see the Railtown museum where many movies were filmed such as “Back to the future 3” and “High Noon”.

Owner

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Sonoma, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

My recent stay there was excellent. Carly is amazing!!! I hope they don't change a thing. It was almost like traveling back in time. Close and convenient to anything you would need. I will be in Jamestown quite a bit and will always come back here. I am bringing family members with me in March! Again, Carly is amazing!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Dear Audreykm,

Thank you for staying with us. It was a pleasure serving you and we look forward to your next visit.

Owner
Jamestown, California, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

the guest services were exalent any question me n my mom had asked were immediatly answered.we were treated with the utmost respect .it has made are extended stay here very comforting . a big thanks to the staff here at the royal carriage hotel .

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Jimmy D, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Royal Carriage, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Dear George e,
Thank you and your mom for giving us the opportunity to service your family during your extended stay. We look forward to serving you again in the near future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay and my cottage. Your staff was very helpful from directions to helping me with my boys' play station. The staff is very genuine and caring.

My only suggestions: check the wifi in the cottage, please provide dish soap and paper towels in the kitchen of cottage and add variety to your breakfast. My true honest opinion to make your place even better!

I look forward to visiting soon.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear ResidenceInnElSeg,
Thank you for choosing our private cottage for your stay. We do have 2 dedicated wireless access points to ensure proper coverage for our cottages. Our IT department has checked both devices and has reset one of them. I do apologize if the dish soap was not made available. I have instructed my staff to double check all the rooms and to maintain proper soap dispenser level. I look forward to serving you again. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you have any other questions or concerns.
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Most travelers are always glad to get home. After spending a month with Carly and the folks at the Royal Carriage, I didn't care if I ever left there. The place was CLEAN with a capital 'C', Friendly, Helpful, nicely furnished, refurbished where it needed to be, and had all of the little touches tended to. Nothing sloppily done, everything micro-managed to perfection (except the OJ), and whatever you ask for, it is provided with cheerfulness. Service is prompt, done with a smile, and, most of all, extras are thought of and offered. I love it here and will be back whenever I am in the area. highly recommended.

Room Tip: get a cabin - kitchen comes with dishes, dishwasher, fridge, table, etc., and makes it easy when you...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Jimmy D, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Royal Carriage, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Dear Mother V,
Thank you for choosing us for your extended stay. We are constantly upgrading the property to ensure that you are completely satisfied with your stay. All our rooms are triple check to ensure that we do not miss any detail and you can fully enjoy your stay with us. We look forward to serving you again and thank you for sharing your personal experience online.
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Having been born and raised in Sonora I am familiar with most of the motels and inns in the area. I have not stayed at the Royal Carriage in many years until last weekend. I was in town due to a loss in the family and Carly (manager/innkeeper) was amazing from the moment I walked through the front door. She was very friendly and accommodating and made me feel comfortable immediately.

Like the other reviewers, I was shown a few different cottages so that I could pick which best suited my needs. Some are very modern with new flooring and granite counter tops. I chose a more 'authentic' cottage (#2) that had a large separate kitchen which was fully stocked, a floor heater and a pot belly stove, comfy bed and rustic/antique furnishings. I felt very welcome and at home during my stay and had access to both the front and rear deck of the main building as well as garden in front of my cottage. Sometimes, in small inns like these, you don't always feel comfortable wondering around the property (especially after dark) because it can feel more like you're poking around someone's home.

I called at close to 10pm to ask if I could come get extra towels and was surprised to see Carly's smiling face at my door just two minutes later. Both Carly and her husband really make sure that you have everything you need and go out of their way to make your stay a pleasant one.

I would not hesitate to stay here again or recommend it to anyone visiting the area. This is what you travel to a small town for, hospitality. They truly care about the property and it's guests, and it shows.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Dear Whisk-Chef,
Thank you for giving us a chance. We recently took over this property and are constantly making improvements. We are staffed around the clock to ensure that all your needs are properly and promptly addressed, even at 10pm at night. All our rooms and private cottages are individually decorated to ensure that you, our value guest are completely satisfied during your stay. We look forward to serving you again and thank you sharing your personal experience.
Elk Grove, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I stayed here while visiting a friend in Sonora and just fell in love with this place. Very quaint and homey. (Great restaurants nearby too) Carly, the manager, is a very sweet and accommodating too. She gave great directions during my stay so I near got lost! : )

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Daisy M,
Thank you so much for sharing your experience online. I am glad that our manager was able to assist you with great directions during your stay with us. Your satisfaction is our main goal. We look forward to serving you again.
Owner,

Been to Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Royal Carriage? Share your experiences!