I chose this Hotel solely because of its Doggie Friendly Policy (Dog friendly hotels are the only hotels that get our business!)
- Really cute historic hotel, with wonderful antique furnishings, art, relics, interesting history
- Awesome Balcony that all rooms have access to, it was so great to sit there and watch people
- Great side patio (restaurant) covered in vines, it was the most comfortable outside seating area in the town
- Cute room, we had #3, small but very good shower (excellent water pressure)
- Truly EXCELLENT restaurant!
- Very professional, friendly, attentive staff
- Excellent breakfast!
- Reasonable rates
- Doggie amenities - bowls, blankets, big cookie which kept our little dog busy and happy on the Balcony.
- There is also a good "alley way" directly across from the hotel for Dog Business, very convenient
- The bed sheets were awful, and smelled of sweat. I couldn't wait for morning to come so I could get away from those sheets. New sheets are a must!
- The hanging flower baskets on the Balcony didn't have blooming flowers, so it was disappointing for photo taking.
Overall, it was a good experience, and as always, we are extremely grateful for their Dog Friendly policy!! It's just fun meeting other dog people or just meeting other people because of the "dog introduction."
Thank you, National Hotel!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the romantic elegance in the California Gold Country near Yosemite. Boutique hotel and acclaimed restaurant have been restored to today’s standards of comfort while retaining the historic charm of days gone by. All rooms have private baths, some with showers for two; pull chain toilets, memory foam comfort on queen size beds and many original antiques. Buffet breakfast included. Onsite restaurant, award-winning wines from throughout the Sierra Foothills, Mediterranean cuisine and patio dining in season. Full service saloon with daily Happy Hour specials. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your 1859 Historic National Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.