“Skip Lake Tulloch Camping” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Lake Tulloch RV Campground and Marina

Lake Tulloch RV Campground and Marina
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jamestown
Lake Tulloch RV Campground and Marina
You added Lake Tulloch RV Campground and Marina to your Saves list
14448 Tulloch Road, Jamestown, CA 95327   |
San Jose, California
“Skip Lake Tulloch Camping”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2010

Some of the "campsites" were literally right next to each other, including the tents; no privacy at all!! There was a loud altercation in the middle of the night between two campsites; one made insulting and degrading racist remarks to the other. The porta potties were disgusting!! The swimming area was extremely small. Do NOT visit!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
tuolumne county
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2009

Our huge family group paid for two cabana beachfront campsites for two nights costing $120. We did this Primarily for the beachfront sites. I talked several times to the people on the phones and made it clear I wanted the beachfront. However, the beachfront was a huge drop off that was very dangerous and cemented looking wall with wooden steps down to the lake that were very steep. If the water had not been so low it would have been like camping on the edge of a swimming pool! It turned out the water was so low we actually did have a tiny very slanted beach front but the rocks were like walking on glass. Wear water shoes! The steps ended a couple feet from the ground and one had to jump to get down and climb to get to the first step. I was unable to make it and requested they loan us a stepping stool. They added two steps only for us but they were just 2X4's nailed on the wide side making us have to step on the 1 1/2" thin side like a ladder and not a step. I had my knee replaced few months ago and could not use those steps as I cannot climb a ladder yet. I rechecked the site photos now and cannot tell it has this drop even with the lake full in the photo. They could have told me this in or many conversations before coming as I talked about my excitement for the beach I was expecting. The porta potty was the worst I ever saw and people were complaining how they had to hold their breath to use them. The bees, yellow jackets and flies were very bad... cover your food! I did find the flushing toilets and I used the ones in the store as they were the cleanest. The employees were friendly and Mike renting the boats was the best ever. Deposit was high for boats, jets skis etc, $1,000. I would not chose to go again. The campsites were so close together I was awoken by the snoring of a neighbor! It was so hot and the water was beautiful by boat. The extra cars were the most expensive I ever experienced in camping. We had to pay $12 for the 2nd car and $20 for the 3rd car...more money than just renting another campsite just to park the cars...but they would not let us do that.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2009

We stayed at this campground with large group. Half stayed in the TV sites and half in the "Cabins. The camp sites were poorly maintained and had inadequate hook ups. The cabins were $100 a night and had no running water, bathrooms, kitchens, etc. The website lists that there are bathrooms for the cabins, these are porta pottys about every fourth cabin.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2006

Lake tullock was wonderful and a perfect place for family of all ages.The staff on hand is very polite and kind, with evening security on hand to make sure all is under control make it a wonderful feeling that your stay will be great.Very clean swiming beach and wonderful campsite and cabins everyone of my family and friends have enjoyed going evry year.

• Stayed September 2005
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2005

I have been camping at this resort for 5 years and find it extremely nice!! We stay at the campground for the week the go to the resort for our last day (fri-sat) and have someone else cook our dinner and swim in the pool and watch the sunset. The staff at the campground is very helpful and friendly. You must stay at the campgrounds next to the lake and you can moor your boat or jet ski right in front of you.They do have dock facilities and a small store. Great water skiing in the am and hardly any boats on the lake during the week. Make reservations early, we make them one year in advance.

Stayed July 2004
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2004

Attended a family camping trip at Lake Tulloch RV Campground and Marina located at 14448 Tulloch Road, Jamestown, CA 95327. The campsite was absolutely beautiful, great views of lake, beach for kids to swim, friendly staff, nice restaurant & clean bathrooms.

But, the boat rental place charged extra fees on the rented patio boat & jet ski’s. Four parties rented equipment & all were charged several hundred dollars extra for “damages” the rental place claimed were caused by the rentals. We were also told that the campsite above us had the same experience. So, I recommend that you do not rent from Bev’s Boat Rental unless you plan on paying extra “damage” fees in additional to the rental fees.

Been to Lake Tulloch RV Campground and Marina? Share your experiences!