“Best Weekend adventure ever!!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 10 things to do in Jamestown
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: As seen on every major network including Fox News, CNN, MSNBC, Discovery and History Channels, Tokyo TV, CBS and read about in the New York Times, The San Francisco Chronicle, the Shock Family has some of the most experienced and knowledgeable prospectors in all of Gold Country. We will open doors for the novice to the professional that you may have not known existed. You may lose your pictures but you will never forget the memories. Come have a blast into the past finding gold and learning the art of prospecting on the historic Woods Creek. The surest way to ensure the future is by touching the past.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
South Lake Tahoe, California, United States
6 attraction reviews
“Best Weekend adventure ever!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

We did the 5hr gold panning/sluicing adventure. We learned so much with our guide Dustin. He was so knowledgeable about everything, my husband learned so much from Dustin. All of the equipment was supplied and ready for us when we arrived at the Woods Creek site. We went home with approximately 12 specks/flakes enough to show off all of our hard work.
We had so much fun we are already planning another adventure with them within the next few months.
We highly recommend gold Prospecting Adventures for the young and old. We saw Dustin with a large family group and a young child and he was awesome.

Visited June 2012

Tulare, California
“Eureka we found memory of a lifetime!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

I called several gold panning sites and Brea at GPA provided the best customer service she took the time to explain the different packages and suggested me and my 10 year old do the 5 hour Panning and sluice package. All I can say is THANK YOU to Brea,Nick,Bryhant, And Brent for priceless memories and a new hobby. After panning we went back to the store and Bryant spent another hour expaining how to get started and the equipment needed not once did he try to hard sell just offered help and advice. I can't say enough good things about these folks. If you are in the area do youself a favor and take advantageof what they have to offer!!!!

Orcutt, CA United States
“Incredible Family Memories”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

Awesome adventure! We have been wanting to try gold panning for a couple years now. We finally made it up to the mother lode area and wanted to find a place to learn and pan. The first place we called required advance notice - but Brent's Gold Prospecting Adventures took us right in! What a treat it was to meet Brent and his staff. He is about the nicest person I have ever met and his staff is just great! Our family - including my 5 year old went down to the creek to pan. I think my 5 year old had the most fun! We were told and warned that if you are coming here to find gold, and want to know how much you will make - go home - this operation TEACHES you what to do. They give you the basics to be able to go out on your own - so we had no expectations, only a dream to be able to find gold. After learning how to pan, we each panned our own gold - each one of us had a gold flake!!! my 5 year olds was the largest and boy was he excited! We proceeded to pan and sluice for 3 hours and when we emptied the sluice box we had found a NUGGET! The biggest one found all year! We were over the moon! It's probably only worth about $50 but that wasn't the point, we had done it and we were hooked! At the end of the day we had found about $100 worth of gold but the memories were the best. We truly had the best family outing day EVER! And we definitely got the bug - we've panned and sluiced a couple times since in different areas of CA and each time have found flakes, though miniscule - we did find some! Our family loves this hobby and we are forever grateful to Brent and Nick at Gold Prospecting for giving our family a new hobby and priceless memories! Do it, it's worth it!

sparks NV
“Great teachers and great gold!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

I was just in jamestown last weekend and worked their claim, I had an awesome time and learned a ton! The guides are full of information and are very friendly as well. They offer many different prospecting options and teach you everything you will need to know to find color. Their claim defiantly has gold and I always find some but last time I was there I watched a dad and his two young kids pull out several legit nuggets I will be returning soon to get me some nuggets as well! happy hunting:-)

Benicia, California
“marvelous advneture”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

My son took a guided tour in March of this year and was so pleased with the pointers he received and the amount gold he found that he suggested that he and I go back together to see how we could do on our own at the Jamestown claim. Aside from the great advise we received from the genuinely freindly and experienced staff, the gold we found was enough for us to consider the trip not only pleasurable but wortrhwhile as well. I would recommend Gold Prospecting Adventures to anyone whether they have never tried prospecting before or they been at it for a while. Go and enjoy the beautiful country and come back with some gold in hand.