“Best of the bunch” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Jamestown
San Francisco, California
“Best of the bunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011

I spend a lot of time in this area, and have stayed at eight different hotels. This is the one that I will be staying in from now on. Clean, safe (tucked into a neighborhood), pleasant staff, reasonable prices, quiet rooms.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Monterey, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

Nice hotel. Yes a bit old but very clean and comfortable. We arrived on a Saturday afternoon and they offered us a suite for $100. Very good value. Quite place. Big room. The manager was very friendly and helpful. We had everything we needed. In the morning we walked to the cafe down the road for a very good breakfast and then we went boating and fishing. Great weekend. We'll be back.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2011

Small motel just off the main drag. Room was in good shape, a little musty but clean. Pool was perfect for a cool down after the drive in. Would stay there again. Short walking distance to some great food like at the National Hotel.

Room Tip: I always recommend upstairs.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2011

I just wanted to say that.. we have stayed at the Railtown Motel and loved it. The managers were very nice and accomadating to us when we arrived. After a long day in Yosemite we were very tired and needed a good night sleep. When we arrived are rooms were very clean and the managers were very nice and helpful to our needs. I would recommend this motel to anyone. We will be back! Thanks!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Fremont, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011

We always stay at Miner's Motel when we are in Jamestown. Rooms are clean, the owners are very nice and helpful, and the rates are reasonable. There's room for our boat and they even came out to help move the boat into a parking space.

Fishing and recreation are nearby. Steam train rides on weekends start in June just up the street. We've done this and it's a kick to see these old engines.

I recommend Miner's to anyone staying in the Jamestown/Sonora area.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
rgpanchal, Owner at Jamestown Railtown Motel, responded to this review, June 18, 2011
Thank you for your wonderful review of the Miner's Motel. We look forward to your next visit. We did see that the review was posted for another motel instead. The Railtown Motel, however, is also owned by the same owners, and it is an equally nice place to stay. It is now under new management and has undergone many improvements. We appreciate your time for writing this review.
san mateo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2011

My family and I have stayed here on many occasions. I love that it is near everything. Also that its a nice and cozy motel. My kids like to stay here when we go to the train museum. Since the last time we stayed they changed the carpet, which is very nice, and remodeled here and there.Thanks to the managers for always being nice to me and my kids! Keep up the good work.

Room Tip: All rooms are nice
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
San Diego, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2011

I recently stayed at this motel doing work in the area for my company. After a long days work I arrived at my room late looking forward to a good nights sleep. Once I was ready for bed I pulled back the covers of the bed and was appalled at what I found. It had looked at the person or persons that had used the room before me had used the bed sheets as toilet paper; and it definitely was what it looked like due to the smell. The stains were on both sides of the bed and not small enough to have been missed by the maid. I find it absolutely disgusting that this motel does not change the bedding in between customers. It was too late at night and I was too tired to contact the management so I slept on top of the comforter. I did inform the management in the morning before I left for work. The people at the front desk were very courteous and apologetic about the incident, but this should never happen at any lodging even the cheapest of ones.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
rgpanchal, Owner at Jamestown Railtown Motel, responded to this review, April 7, 2011
Thank you for informing us about this issue. Dirty sheets are unacceptable at any motel and we apologize for your inconvenience. We are in the middle of a few renovations and are doing our best to provide a pleasant stay. We will be replacing our housekeeping due to these issues. I again apologize and will make sure these types of situations do not occur again.

-The Owner

Been to Jamestown Railtown Motel? Share your experiences!